LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA List: Number, Destination Country, City and Date Reported

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-11, 08:09 AM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TommyJames
This is what worries prospective buyers of the LFA. There are a lot of dealers buying cars so far. In fact that so far seems to be the majority of owners. What are they really going to do with them? Are they inventory or what? Roped off without personal plates suggests they are holding for future sale which means that anyone who actually drivers their LFA has to compete with a no mile shrine somewhere. This means that if you are an LFA owner and you intend to actually drive your car you take a giant hit on resale. This is not good at all for the LFA and will keep real buyers wary of the actual status of the LFA. Throw personal plates on it, see it on the road somewhere, putting on some actual miles and it's a different story.
This one wasn't bought by the dealership, it belongs to Kent Stevinson himself, he has just decided to use the showroom floor of his dealership as a garage. I spoke to the sales manager when I went to look at it yesterday and he told me the Kent had made the final payment on it that day. I've met Kent Stevinson a couple times and hes actually a huge Toyota enthusiast. I've never seen his entire car collection but I do know that he owns an mkiv Supra tt 6spd and 2 imported 2.5 GT Soarers.
Old 06-24-11, 10:14 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MattStarr
This one wasn't bought by the dealership, it belongs to Kent Stevinson himself, he has just decided to use the showroom floor of his dealership as a garage. I spoke to the sales manager when I went to look at it yesterday and he told me the Kent had made the final payment on it that day. I've met Kent Stevinson a couple times and hes actually a huge Toyota enthusiast. I've never seen his entire car collection but I do know that he owns an mkiv Supra tt 6spd and 2 imported 2.5 GT Soarers.
Thanks Matt for clearing this up.
Old 06-24-11, 02:20 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

This is what worries prospective buyers of the LFA. There are a lot of dealers buying cars so far. In fact that so far seems to be the majority of owners. What are they really going to do with them? Are they inventory or what? Roped off without personal plates suggests they are holding for future sale which means that anyone who actually drivers their LFA has to compete with a no mile shrine somewhere. This means that if you are an LFA owner and you intend to actually drive your car you take a giant hit on resale. This is not good at all for the LFA and will keep real buyers wary of the actual status of the LFA. Throw personal plates on it, see it on the road somewhere, putting on some actual miles and it's a different story.
This AGAIN? There are around 100 LFAs already delivered, we've seen maybe 3 dealer owners, and that's "the majority of owners".

In any case, this is the wrong thread for your rants. We already got you your own for that.
Old 06-24-11, 02:21 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Wow, two 2.5GT Soarers? That's awesome. In the US, those are rarer than the LFA.
Old 06-24-11, 02:50 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

I found one! Its in Golden, CO and the owner is Kent Stevinson, owner of the Stevinson Lexus dealership. Is it possible to find out what # it is without seeing inside of it? Unfortunately the car is roped off so you're not allowed to open the doors.

I noticed a couple of unique thing about this one that Ive never seen before, the interior is completely black, not even accent stitching and it doesn't have a spoiler.
Hey Matt,

The Spolier is there.. It's just neatly tucked away in the Down position..

Now if you mean "Winglets" above the tailights?? I agree, this one was ordered with out that option..

Personally, I like the Winglets..

Joe Z
Old 06-24-11, 02:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by gengar
This AGAIN? There are around 100 LFAs already delivered, we've seen maybe 3 dealer owners, and that's "the majority of owners".

In any case, this is the wrong thread for your rants. We already got you your own for that.
just off the top of my head from the very incomplete list, i think more than 3. one here in ca, i believe one in seattle, one in ny, one in netherland (if i remember right), and this one in denver.

looking at what we have on the list (probably not complete), 17 known cars in the US, and 4 by dealerships.

on the other hand, i know there were zero cars in may. but june is almost over, haven't really seen a lot of new lfa popping up here. anyone?
Old 06-24-11, 02:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Hey Matt,

Now if you mean "Winglets" above the tailights?? I agree, this one was ordered with out that option..

Joe Z
same here, i like the winglets
Old 06-24-11, 03:29 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

^^ Looks like one showed up in China too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmLqkDGIv8k

I gave up on the list a while back...

Joe Z
Old 06-24-11, 04:06 PM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by rominl
just off the top of my head from the very incomplete list, i think more than 3. one here in ca, i believe one in seattle, one in ny, one in netherland (if i remember right), and this one in denver.

looking at what we have on the list (probably not complete), 17 known cars in the US, and 4 by dealerships.

on the other hand, i know there were zero cars in may. but june is almost over, haven't really seen a lot of new lfa popping up here. anyone?
3 or 30, it does not matter as long as they bought the car like others. The dealer owners are probably more of car people than the average person because they are in the car business and filthy rich.
Old 06-24-11, 05:21 PM
MattStarr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gengar
Wow, two 2.5GT Soarers? That's awesome. In the US, those are rarer than the LFA.
Yep, and one of them is black on black and the other is a white on tan but its a hard top, I could be wrong but from what I've heard, the white hard top 2.5 gt he has is either the only one left in the world or the only one in the world period.

Joe Z
Don't tell me that, you have no idea how excited I got when I realized that the lfa I found wasn't on the list. In clublexus land that's like striking gold.

Hey Matt,

Joe Z
Ya, right after I posted that I started looking through the threads in the lfa section and saw that they were retractable, I wasnt aware that they did that. I didn't even notice the winglets either until you said something.
Old 06-24-11, 05:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Joe Z
are we going to drop this? if so i am not going to waste my time anymore.

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
3 or 30, it does not matter as long as they bought the car like others. The dealer owners are probably more of car people than the average person because they are in the car business and filthy rich.
to me it matters. on the book of course it's ok coz' they are sold. but just like lexus, i want the car to be driven on the road rather than just roped off in the showroom. that doesn't do that much good to spread the brand in general. if they are really car people, then they should want to drive the car more than anyone, rather than seeing the car sitting in the showroom
Old 06-25-11, 05:30 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

are we going to drop this? if so i am not going to waste my time anymore.

to me it matters. on the book of course it's ok coz' they are sold. but just like lexus, i want the car to be driven on the road rather than just roped off in the showroom. that doesn't do that much good to spread the brand in general. if they are really car people, then they should want to drive the car more than anyone, rather than seeing the car sitting in the showroom
Agree, but what's the difference in displaying the cars in showrooms or park them in the garages while not being used? Also, I believe the majority of the population still does not realize the LFA is available in real life, so having them in the showrooms is not a bad way to advertise the car.
Old 06-25-11, 03:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 07grIS350
Agree, but what's the difference in displaying the cars in showrooms or park them in the garages while not being used? Also, I believe the majority of the population still does not realize the LFA is available in real life, so having them in the showrooms is not a bad way to advertise the car.
i think we are on the same page. it's not much difference than keeping them in the garage. and that's my point. having the car on the road will spread the brand / car much more efficiently. having the car at dealership, unless someone (without knowing the car) actually intends to go to that particular dealership, otherwise it's "invisible"

so to me, i rather have those owners simply just drive the car back and forth to work, or anywhere else for that matter. especially if they are true car guys

Last edited by rominl; 06-25-11 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-25-11, 05:50 PM
TommyJames
Lead Lap

Some of you are missing the point entirely. When anyone starts to make a shrine out of the car and doesn't drive it, it seriously harms those that do. Ask anyone who owns an Enzo or a Scuderia, or an SV, or just about any other exotic I can think of. It creates a giant disincentive to put miles on the cars that are out on the roads. This has been proven over and over again in the exotic market. There is nothing more harmful to those who plan to drive their cars to then have to compete on the used market with those who don't. I also think a car has far more customer visibility with potential customers if the car is seen participating in actual exotic events rather than a showroom somewhere.

Rominl is right- so far the ration of dealer owners in making my own inquiries is very high- even admitted by some within the brand. It's great if they are enthusiasts out putting miles and owning the cars like everyone else, but seeing them with dealer plates, or not plates makes me suspicious.
Old 06-26-11, 06:11 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

i think we are on the same page. it's not much difference than keeping them in the garage. and that's my point. having the car on the road will spread the brand / car much more efficiently. having the car at dealership, unless someone (without knowing the car) actually intends to go to that particular dealership, otherwise it's "invisible"

so to me, i rather have those owners simply just drive the car back and forth to work, or anywhere else for that matter. especially if they are true car guys
Some of you are missing the point entirely. When anyone starts to make a shrine out of the car and doesn't drive it, it seriously harms those that do. Ask anyone who owns an Enzo or a Scuderia, or an SV, or just about any other exotic I can think of. It creates a giant disincentive to put miles on the cars that are out on the roads. This has been proven over and over again in the exotic market. There is nothing more harmful to those who plan to drive their cars to then have to compete on the used market with those who don't. I also think a car has far more customer visibility with potential customers if the car is seen participating in actual exotic events rather than a showroom somewhere.

Rominl is right- so far the ration of dealer owners in making my own inquiries is very high- even admitted by some within the brand. It's great if they are enthusiasts out putting miles and owning the cars like everyone else, but seeing them with dealer plates, or not plates makes me suspicious.

The key thing here is 'when the car is not being used'. How do we know whether they drive the LFAs or not? I am sure Lexus did not expect many LFAs are used daily drivers. It also depends on where you work/live. It might not be a good idea to be seen driving this car so often.
I would not call LFA in the Lexus showroom invisible, given the traffic there is generally very high if you included the service customers. As you could see on some threads here, once the words are out, more people showed up just to see the car.

Last edited by 07grIS350; 06-26-11 at 06:16 AM.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA List: Number, Destination Country, City and Date Reported