LFA Model (2012)

Silver LFA being delivered to customer (Atlanta)

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-11, 11:33 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Joe Z
Nice find...

Looks like they are in a closed off area of an Atlanta Lexus Dealership.

The other White ones ended up in Houston & OK City.

***According to various internet blogs or information posted on the web, In & Outside of Clublexus

Joe Z
Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Got informed Atlanta got a LFA. This is on the site. I wonder how they decide who/when gets the LFA. Atlanta was not considered a primary market but a secondary one.

http://www.lexusatlanta.com/
Old 02-06-11, 08:42 AM
LexFather

Yup, Joe was right

The LFA was at our Caffeine and Octane today, it is 003. I've been to a few of these and seen some amazing cars there. When I tell you the LFA shut the meet down! It was very tough to get pics b/c the car was surrounded the entire meet. I've never seen so many people enthused about one car and mind you this is a very high end/amazing/rare meet, our version of C&C. It was stunning to see how people were respecting this car and talking about it.

I waited and waited and finally got a chance to introduce myself to the owner. What a classy cool guy. He was very easy to talk to and was explaining everything about the car and was on the money with it, he really knew his stuff about the car (he was talking to anyone who was willing to listen about it). He's already been interviewed by some local mags about his LFA experience thus far.

He revved it for people a few times and people were drooling. The police asked after a few times to stop though b/c they didn't want everyone else to rev their cars. He popped the hood and the spoiler and people were taking pics galore. It was funny the car was in a row of GT-Rs, 370Zs and Infniti's by the LFA and it was like they were not there.

A few of us local SELOC, CL guys made the meet and chatted together and the LFA gave us all some tremendous pride to know Lexus made this unbelievable bespoke car. It made driving the HS 250h more tolerable

I'll share pics later. I won't divulge too much into the owner for his privacy. I will say he is a long time Lexus owner with exotic car ownership experience.

Early pics courtesy of CL member quick123

Last edited by LexFather; 02-06-11 at 01:30 PM.
Old 02-06-11, 09:54 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts

^^ Great Mike !!! Thanks for sharing .......

Joe Z
Old 02-06-11, 11:07 AM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,498 Likes on 1,798 Posts

Wow! Just wow! SickLex. Must be one hell of an experience.

Is it the same senior guy who was sitting in the car who is the owner? Does he own other exotics as well??
Old 02-06-11, 11:53 AM
DOC4LEX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets see more oversea LFA being deliverd with Pics
Old 02-06-11, 12:33 PM
DrDrilZ
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

Is it the same senior guy who was sitting in the car who is the owner? Does he own other exotics as well??
yea, same guy. he even had on the same hat today.
Old 02-06-11, 02:44 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DrDrilZ
yea, same guy. he even had on the same hat today.
He must still be breaking in the car, I guess??
Old 02-06-11, 02:54 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks to Camread at toyotanation, a video has been posted of people taking LFA's video as it leaves the meet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpTzT...layer_embedded
Old 02-06-11, 04:03 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNzzN...layer_embedded
Old 02-06-11, 05:56 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vH6m4...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7KywMuY1sw
Old 02-06-11, 07:31 PM
Tee

Received 68 Likes on 57 Posts

Man I hate not getting up this morning and heading out to see it, I met the owner this summer at the dealership when the rep & he pulled up with in the Pearl Yellow prototype. He def knows his stuff when it comes to the LFA and cars, true car guy!
Old 02-06-11, 07:41 PM
quick123
Lexus Test Driver

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

You mean this LFA?

He showed up at caffeine & octane today...had the whole place crowded around his car all day...lucky guy also has a track dedicated GTR to play with as well...
Attached Thumbnails Silver LFA being delivered to customer (Atlanta)-009.jpg   Silver LFA being delivered to customer (Atlanta)-010.jpg   Silver LFA being delivered to customer (Atlanta)-012.jpg   Silver LFA being delivered to customer (Atlanta)-013.jpg   Silver LFA being delivered to customer (Atlanta)-014.jpg  

Old 02-06-11, 08:37 PM
NjRican
Driver

I can not wait till I see one driving down the road
Old 02-06-11, 08:45 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Amazing pictures. I am sure in real life it looks 10x sharper.
Old 02-06-11, 08:53 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS

I think so. Yes he has owned other exotics and he felt his Audi R8 was his favorite until this one. True Car Guy and huge Lexus owner, I believe he said he has owned 13 Lexus vehicles and 8 for his wife. The owner was on point with the LFA, dropping knowledge to everyone. Its one of the few times I felt most everything said was accurate.

The cool thing was he stated this is the first supercar he bought that his wife loves. She is a Lexus gal and knows have to drive a manual and approved the LFA.

Seems when it was delivered Hennessy Lexus presented a cake and there was a mini LFA sculpture on top of it.

He has followed this car from day one and said as soon as he was told about the project he wanted one. The initial price he was told was much lower around 200k before they decided to go full Carbon Fiber. What he said next had me, he said "200k, 375k. whats money amongst friends"

Balling

This was his first C&O, Forged Performance told him about it (he has a track GT-R they modify for him they also brought) and he said he will be at more in the future.

It really was amazing to see a Lexus be the show stopper at such a high profile meet. Never in my life would I have thought that.

Pics will be posted soon.

Last edited by LexFather; 02-06-11 at 08:56 PM.

Quick Reply: Silver LFA being delivered to customer (Atlanta)