LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA Driver Development Center program at Infineon (official)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-11, 02:13 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If they were at Infineon with the video, I guess going by what the others have said, maybe 140mph. Enough for a 1/4mile time 0-60 and 0-100 I would say.
Old 03-15-11, 03:38 PM
gengar
Moderator: LFA, Clubhouse

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350
Other stuff incised Toyota in to film and Scott Pruett swing up to demo launch control, and that was happening after the program
Scott brought his folks and they were a blast to talk to
Awesome that Scott Pruett was around. Glad you had a good time and that the weather stayed fairly good.

Fun fact on the production car, it has alcantara on top of the dash
This is something the configuration will not allow
Yes, the online configurator does not allow for alcantara, but I just wanted to clarify that it's an available option during the PS ordering process. It's even possible to go with partial leather and partial alcantara or different colors across many parts of the dash.

Next a point Krew mentioned and I can confirm, for some turns where thepitch of the track is severe, the seatbelt does not keep you from sloshing about
I actually thought the seats were pretty stable and a good fit - I definitely didn't notice myself slipping out of them, not even during the hot laps. Certainly they are not as snug as racing seats. Also, the seats might just be better fitted for me since I'm a big guy. I noted in the Carrera GT comparison thread that those seats actually come in two sizes and I sat in one with the narrower seats and those felt quite narrow.

Originally Posted by rominl
ok, s2000tois350 said it, not me this time. but if you ask me, if owners or GMs are to buy and drive the car, i think that's fine (as long as they actually drive it). but if the dealerships get the car and then it's on the showroom, it's a much bigger problem
One thing I realized after hanging around the PS and other Lexus employees is that when they say that a "dealership" is getting an LFA, what they really mean is that the dealership owner bought one through the typical channels allowed to any prospective buyer. Never has a PS/employee meant that the dealership is getting an LFA to try to sell it off the showroom floor, so I believe it's a semantic problem that gets misinterpreted by non-Lexus people.

Of course, it's possible that dealers will choose to showcase their LFAs on the showroom floor. This is a personal choice no different than an owner allowing a dealer to put his LFA on the dealer showroom floor, or for example the LFA owner allowing his LFA to go on display at the Chicago Auto Show.

I don't mind that dealer owners are getting units before other non-Lexus related buyers, so long as the order of production matches the time of submission of the LFA orders.
Old 03-16-11, 09:07 AM
krew
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
Wow! That is amazing. Do you know the timeframe for release of the video?? Will it be over the internet or through sending them to the participants?? I assume the launch control demo etc. was shot on the black production Lexus LFA??
Details on the video are still forthcoming, but I did verify that the video will be released publicly. The yellow LFA was used in the video -- much easier to film, I imagine.
Old 03-16-11, 09:12 AM
krew
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by TF109B
That's a good picture of the black LFA there, Krew! Any higher resolutions? Sounds good were getting a video. Wonder what times it puts down. I'm guessing low-mid 3's to 60 and around 9's-10 to 100mph? Yeah, but that black is beautiful, you know what they say!
I'm still in the process of going through the 1,300 photos that I took on Monday & Tuesday. Rest assured I'll be putting some high-res versions up on my site.

The black is an amazing color for the LFA, but I was surprised how much I loved the yellow (it was my first time seeing it IRL). It's a very photogenic color.
Old 03-16-11, 09:24 AM
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Thanks to Gengar for the configuration clarification.

Here are a few more tidbits that fell out of my brain since taking the redeye home Monday night.

Confirming what was mentioned somewhere else, Bush, Hamlin and a third racer will be getting LFAs and will have to pay for them.

The woman owner who participated at Infineon received the car as a gift from her husband. I am told she is really into the car. At this point we are still looking for a woman owner who bought the car herself.

The car for Memphis dealer will be white and for Philly dealer will be red.

One of the Lexus folks at the event was in social media. I was grumping at her that Templin never responded to the question I got to ask on the Lexus Ad Board about the lack of a convertible with a real back seat. She said she will follow up. She also said they have been clamoring for more coupes and Lexus corporate has balked because they only want global products.
Old 03-16-11, 09:53 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Thanks to ALL for the amazing info, updates & pics..... !!!

Originally Posted by krew
I'm still in the process of going through the 1,300 photos that I took on Monday & Tuesday. Rest assured I'll be putting some high-res versions up on my site.

The black is an amazing color for the LFA, but I was surprised how much I loved the yellow (it was my first time seeing it IRL). It's a very photogenic color.
Glad to hear you had an Excellent LFA experience Kevin!!!

I summed it up with this:

You haven't driven a Lexus, until you have driven the LFA!!!! ~ Joe Z

Let me know if your still in the LA area this week..

Regards,
Joe Z
Old 03-17-11, 09:22 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Bonus points for the LFA for getting pro racers as owners.
The dealership owner in my session was also getting a red one. He said it was current on the boat to the US port.
I was also looking for space to store my golf bag in the LFA but it does not have any, unless I use the passenger seat. Maybe I'll have to simplify my game down to using 2-3 clubs only , then I probably could put them behind the seats.

Thanks to Gengar for the configuration clarification.

Here are a few more tidbits that fell out of my brain since taking the redeye home Monday night.

Confirming what was mentioned somewhere else, Bush, Hamlin and a third racer will be getting LFAs and will have to pay for them.
The woman owner who participated at Infineon received the car as a gift from her husband. I am told she is really into the car. At this point we are still looking for a woman owner who bought the car herself.

The car for Memphis dealer will be white and for Philly dealer will be red.

One of the Lexus folks at the event was in social media. I was grumping at her that Templin never responded to the question I got to ask on the Lexus Ad Board about the lack of a convertible with a real back seat. She said she will follow up. She also said they have been clamoring for more coupes and Lexus corporate has balked because they only want global products.
Old 03-17-11, 11:32 AM
jpvarghese
Lexus Test Driver

What you really need is a bulkhead of wipes, just in case any fanboys are around. All kidding aside, the trunk could be used to store your helmet, driving gloves, and shoes instead! Car is coming soon, correct?
Old 03-17-11, 11:40 AM
07grIS350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jpvarghese
What you really need is a bulkhead of wipes, just in case any fanboys are around. All kidding aside, the trunk could be used to store your helmet, driving gloves, and shoes instead! Car is coming soon, correct?
LOL, I am aiming for unit #500, so it would be a while.
Old 03-21-11, 06:30 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

What is the latest word on exactly how many LFA's are left? Are people still picking them up or has Lexus hit a wall in LFA sales?
Old 03-21-11, 06:47 PM
LIs300
Rookie

wish i had a lfa
Old 03-21-11, 07:03 PM
TF109B
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do they have an event like this going on in Florida as well? Some new vids up on youtube show the LFA at Palm Beach raceway-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NI_UojDODM
Old 03-22-11, 12:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by TF109B
Do they have an event like this going on in Florida as well? Some new vids up on youtube show the LFA at Palm Beach raceway-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NI_UojDODM
not surprising, the class is over and i expect lexus to have a few more tours like that
Old 03-22-11, 12:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by G Star
What is the latest word on exactly how many LFA's are left? Are people still picking them up or has Lexus hit a wall in LFA sales?
don't worry, i think you can still continue to save up
Old 03-25-11, 12:58 PM
MDOTM
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

nice video

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA Driver Development Center program at Infineon (official)