LFA Model (2012)

With all these confirmation letters on LFA... Anyone rejected yet?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-10, 06:05 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default With all these confirmation letters on LFA... Anyone rejected yet?

Not sure if this is the right place, but with all these confirmation letters is there anyone who has been knocked back?

It seems so far everyone who has applied for one on this web site has been accepted, so does anyone know if all the orders have been filled and they are rejecting people now?

Anyway, just interested to know what is going on over there.
Old 05-10-10, 06:15 PM
shyguy16
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ LFA stickied thread at the top.
Old 05-10-10, 06:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
Not sure if this is the right place, but with all these confirmation letters is there anyone who has been knocked back?

It seems so far everyone who has applied for one on this web site has been accepted, so does anyone know if all the orders have been filled and they are rejecting people now?

dave, great question. you know, i have actually been looking for such people for a long time here in the US. i haven't seen anyone come forward and said he/she applied but got rejected. with the posted demand i would think there will be quite some rejected cases already
Old 05-10-10, 06:43 PM
LexFather

Dave good question maybe someone else who sadly got rejected will see this.

Originally Posted by shyguy16
^ LFA stickied thread at the top.
Dave has been one of the most active members in regards to the LFA, giving us all sorts of information and sharing actively. Maybe YOU need to see the sticky so you can see all his valuable posts and info.
Old 05-10-10, 07:26 PM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by rominl
dave, great question. you know, i have actually been looking for such people for a long time here in the US. i haven't seen anyone come forward and said he/she applied but got rejected. with the posted demand i would think there will be quite some rejected cases already
I know it is not something that people might want share, but there has to be a rejection letter??? All we got over here was a few presents when attending the draw, so no letters for conformation or denial.

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Dave good question maybe someone else who sadly got rejected will see this.
It would make me feel better.
Old 05-10-10, 07:41 PM
gengar
Lexus Test Driver

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

As far as US rejections, I would imagine that rejections would not start until Lexus in the US fully allocates all its LFAs. I was told that allocation offers in the US were scheduled to go out in waves through the end of June. That's still a ways off.
Old 05-10-10, 07:57 PM
Mister Two
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My theory is that there are already people in the US who have received their rejection letters, but they must be those who were rejected right off the bat in the very first round, most likely due to their dubious credit or even criminal records to the point of immediate disqualification by Lexus, so chances are we aren't going to hear from them. Those who remain in the pool will be contacted by Lexus in the order of "worthiness" as deemed by Lexus, I suppose, and only when all the US allocations have confirmed their buyers will the rest be sent rejection letters.
Old 05-10-10, 10:26 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I believe if there is a grassroots movement big and well thought out enough, it could shake Lexus' decision to give Dave an LFA allocation. Enough LFA influence on CL alone could drive more and more F car sales in the future. Better than giving it to a wealthy individual that won't drive it too often.

Again Dave, sorry for your unfortunate circumstances, I honestly think you deserve one. I guess chalk it up to fate.
Old 05-10-10, 10:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

i am not surprised japanese market is more competitive in terms of supply vs demands. i would be very interested in seeing how the 170 cars in the US are distributed. given that we are already mid-way among the period lexus claims to be contacting buyers, i would expect there are like half the people getting rejected already. i find it pretty interesting that the US side they are doing this in waves. if they have a strong application based, then it shouldn't take long to iron down all 170 cars. if they are still going through the waves, it kind of say that there are a lot of disqualifications and dropouts? unlike japan, it was more like a 5 minute deal
Old 05-11-10, 01:29 AM
Dave600hL
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by G Star
I believe if there is a grassroots movement big and well thought out enough, it could shake Lexus' decision to give Dave an LFA allocation. Enough LFA influence on CL alone could drive more and more F car sales in the future. Better than giving it to a wealthy individual that won't drive it too often.

Again Dave, sorry for your unfortunate circumstances, I honestly think you deserve one. I guess chalk it up to fate.
I really do appreciate the thought, but thing is though, there are many other customers just like me who have bought many Lexus for the past 10 years or even more who missed out.

There is not much I can do now, although I am not really in the mood to buy a car right now b/c there is nothing that I really want.

On the other hand I have been looking at some nice yachts.

Old 05-11-10, 06:03 AM
LexFather

Dave in retrospect I don't think a lot of people who got accepted or rejected post on here and if they are on here I still think most would not share, especially if they got rejected.

It is beyond fantastic you, Gengar, S2000 and others have been sharing your experiences but that is clearly not the norm.

If it makes you feel better I rejected myself as I can't afford it
Old 05-11-10, 08:35 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

I really do appreciate the thought, but thing is though, there are many other customers just like me who have bought many Lexus for the past 10 years or even more who missed out.

There is not much I can do now, although I am not really in the mood to buy a car right now b/c there is nothing that I really want.

On the other hand I have been looking at some nice yachts.

haha dave, i have to be fair and say, get it, it's probably going to be far more fun than the lfa!
Old 05-11-10, 10:02 AM
GS3Tek
Forum Moderator

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

Same here Dave. I "purposely" didn't apply so "I" didn't take up any space for other buyers out there

When you get that yacht, you should name "SS LFA KILLER"
Old 05-11-10, 10:12 AM
werewolf
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

My rejection letter said 'you too poor'

Is there seriously a waiting list for a $400k Lexus?
Old 05-11-10, 02:23 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

ditto here, except that my wife would kill me if i even contemplated about it!