LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 06:41 PM
LexFather

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by encore888
Congrats Dave for getting on the list!

Speaking of LFA production:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/449...in-2012-video/
more wonderful news! Thanks
Old 10-21-09, 06:42 PM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice.

430 vs 430 Scuderia.

20 hp difference and 441 lbs difference. 3 mph faster and 0.3 secs quicker. Price difference is almost $120k (From rsportscars.com)

I hope the LFA "special model" or wtv its going to be called, doesn't go over the top with the price :/

Last edited by JessePS; 10-21-09 at 06:46 PM.
Old 10-21-09, 06:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

So that's the LF-A R Dave was talking about right ?
Old 10-21-09, 06:46 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yes indeed, the LF-A R is what some have dubbed this model.
Old 10-21-09, 06:49 PM
LexFather

It's LFA and I guess LFA-R
BBS wheels ftw!
Old 10-21-09, 06:52 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

LOL, I actually prefer it with the hyphen
Old 10-21-09, 06:56 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

that configurator is really nice... you can set this up to your liking, makes me want "regular" Lexus this customizable ))))

i like the fact that they use only matte carbon fiber, glossy carbon fiber, metal and leather for the interior....

i am glad they also were able to fit in 7" Navigation & ML audio system, and apperantly it has a lot of space and is quite comfy too, not so usual for egzotics :-)
Old 10-21-09, 07:00 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spwolf
that configurator is really nice... you can set this up to your liking, makes me want "regular" Lexus this customizable ))))

i like the fact that they use only matte carbon fiber, glossy carbon fiber, metal and leather for the interior....

i am glad they also were able to fit in 7" Navigation & ML audio system, and apperantly it has a lot of space and is quite comfy too, not so usual for egzotics :-)
Yes indeed, it is the Lexus of Supercars. 12-speaker sound system either way, with Lexus First Class speakers or ML speakers...

I love the customization and if they can do a la Scion for Lexus, that would be great (why not bring over L-Select from Japan too).
Old 10-21-09, 07:13 PM
Mind18
Driver

While I'm happy that the Lexus supercar is finally here, really wish the front end resembled the concept more. Especially in the shape of the headlights, which to me were a bit more exotic looking and menacing. Even with the more triangular shape, the projectors look a bit old, giving the front face a bug-eyed look. I find the same thing to be the case for the RX as well. Somehow I find that they never integrate the lighting pieces in the most beautiful manner. The LS600-h nailed it on the head, but the new RX, LX and now this...not so much.

As for the price, while I'm sure they will sell all that they can build, feel like it will be a "negative" thing journalists will pick at, especially if it doesn't keep up with other cars at this price point, overlooking some of the other great things about this machine.

Lexus Looking

A bit more Toyota Looking IMO

I'm happy it's here though

Last edited by Mind18; 10-21-09 at 07:22 PM.
Old 10-21-09, 07:18 PM
AlexusAnja
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Once you hit $375K, we're not talking average Joe or someone buying this. We're talking oil tycoon, Bill Gate, Jay Leno, anyone that probably has $100M in the bank. So, for those people, throwing around $375K is like us thinking "should I get this $35K car, or this $32K car?" PENNIES to them.

No one is going to mortgage their home and stop eating to get this car. It'll just be "another" car for those lucky 500 that get this.
Old 10-21-09, 07:27 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 161 Likes on 119 Posts

Yes indeed, it is the Lexus of Supercars. 12-speaker sound system either way, with Lexus First Class speakers or ML speakers...

I love the customization and if they can do a la Scion for Lexus, that would be great (why not bring over L-Select from Japan too).
i think they ended up with it being quite luxurious... with weight given such priority, i am not suprised some features had to go, yet it is still quite luxurios.

thats why this is egzotic and not supercar... things like not including smart entry, which is standard on every shipping lexus to the usa (or 99% of actual cars being sold) - it would simply add weight. As would million other things (LED headlamps, HUD, electric seats, memory seats, auto closing doors, cool box, auto parking, auto cruise control, etc, etc, etc),

You have to admire that low weight when you consider all the safety features modern cars have today compared to just few years back...

Heck - look at that key - if my GS had that key, i would be pissed off... but in LFA? It is homage to true egzotics of long time ago...

I completly dig LFA. Too bad I will never be able to have one :-)
Old 10-21-09, 07:53 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is toyota's interpretation of a supercar. we're so used to german and italian interpretation that we probably won't see things the way how the countless people who were involved in the development. as much as it's a toyota in-house design, there were yamaha, tuners (people who race modded toyotas), previous halo cars, and some european influences that made the car the way it is.

i can see why people won't like the front bumper and the headlights, but i think it's pretty good for toyota's 2nd supercar (first produced in-house). it is a bit raw to wear the lexus badge but toyota is trying very hard to convince others that not all lexus are super-refined.

Last edited by ElitistK; 10-21-09 at 07:56 PM.
Old 10-21-09, 07:56 PM
cm09578
Lead Lap

O my!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-09, 08:03 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by Mind18
Lexus Looking

I'm happy it's here though
Yep, I prefer the more menacing look of the concept too
Old 10-21-09, 08:04 PM
Trexus
Forum Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Exactly. This car seems to have really hit where it hurts for a lot of enthusiasts, and it seems to have almost insulted some people.

Mark my words though, this will be tremendous for lifting the image of Toyota and Lexus. It is already on all the major Lexus websites. Press events are continuing to happen at different race tracks all over the world. The LFA will be shown at every major North American auto show, and likely every European show.

All of this is happening long before the car is even out yet.

Before the car even comes out, millions of people will have seen the car in-person at autoshows, and on the internet.

Mentioning Toyota and Lexus in the same sentence as Ferrari or Porsche or Lamborghini will become common. Once people get used to that it's only a matter of time when perceptions shift and the image of Toyota and Lexus changes for the better.
Exactly. This is just the introduction. Only 500 units of the coupe version will be made and sold. Then I hope to see at least 400 units of the convertible/roadster to be made and sold and finally a hybrid version of say 300 units to be made and sold...we shall wait and see...

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)