LFA Model (2012)

Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-09, 12:07 PM
GS3Tek

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Dave600hL
My dealer came around today and I am officially on the list to get one.
Wow, huge congrats to you Dave
I'm sure we all would appreciate any updates

I can see how some people would want to get one. I love everything about the LFA, except for that red leather on the steering wheel.

I could care less about ferrari's and lambos (unless it's the enzo or the reventon)

If I had the disposable $$$, I would get one
Even if I did, I'm not cool enough for Lexus to pick me

Does anyone know the stipulations/details regarding reselling these/flipping them???
Old 10-21-09, 12:20 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,380 Posts

wow, so much crapola in this thread.

some comments...

Originally Posted by GSteg
Whenever we compare regular sedans, we bicker about performance. But somehow in the exotic threads, value seems to come up a lot.

Family sedans are all about performance
Exotics are all about value

Yea that's about right
excellent post.

Originally Posted by dunnojack
to celebrate the official reveal
(pumpkin) - ok now that right there is damned funny. you are a PS genius.

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
... after my initial dissapointment with some of the specs, looking really deep into the small touches, the details, the pursuit of perfection, this car truly IS amazing.
cool. i was never disappointed. this car IS amazing! i am just not sure it will do much for lexus unless they follow it up QUICKLY with other models.

The car really is a bargain, and the car's paper specs alone come nowhere close to illustrating what this car really and truly is about.
well, dunno about 'bargain'. what price then would make it 'not' a bargain?

I repeat, NO other supercar other than the Veyron even comes close to the quality, craftsmanship, and refinement of the interior.
i really don't know how you can say that before the car's even on the market.

The engine is truly a marvel.
yes. honestly reminds me of NSX all over again. that engine (for its time) was a jewel too.
S2000toIS350
Pole Position

Received 121 Likes on 94 Posts

Regarding the reselling/flipping thing, I set up a thread earler today in the Prototype section that has the info but the thread was merged into this thread.

I am trying to get the moderator to move it back.

I spoke to a rep who involved in the US order process and was put of the list.

This process is centralized and purchases will be through Lexus Financial Services. This looks like the key to avoiding dealer first, friend of dealer second and everyone else best of luck.

I was well (well used intentionally here) informed that all cars will be leased for 24 months with a purchase option, the car has to be registered in the US to the person who reserves the slot (and is chosen) and that the lease is non transferrable. This seem to be the anti-flipper mechanism.
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Those comparing it to the M5's V10 don't know what they're talking about.
since that was me, thanks.

This car is a Lexus in terms of quality, durability, and reliability.
again, you have ZERO way of knowing this and stating it as fact.

Just to mention one more time, my opinion on this car has changed completely after yesterday.
yup, we noticed that.

Originally Posted by The G Man
I wonder if Lexus actually made too big of a jump with the LA-F. Performance car wise, they went from a $70000 IS-F to a $375000 LA-F, maybe they should have design a car like the GS-F first and than another car price at around $200000, then the $375000 LA-F. The numbers are there for the LA-F, but it is the intangalables that might be in question.
well i wish they'd released another F model at the same time perhaps, or maybe, since the LFA is still far from available, another F model will arrive before or around the same time it ships. if they don't follow it up, i think it will be a big waste, because the only model it 'helps' is the IS-F which is going to look VERY OLD in 2011. i thought it looked tacky from day 1.

Originally Posted by JessePS
If I had the money for the LFA. I would still get one. It just needs to lose a few hundred pounds (not sure how). Slightly better top speed and be a tad quicker. As I said before. For $375k. It should be able to do over 215 mph and 0-62 in 3.4 seconds. For me that would justify the price. With those type of numbers. It would put Lamborghini and Pagani to shame.
weight is an issue, but for 0-60/62 runs, TRACTION is a huge issue too. you can put giant tires on the back but that adds weight too. the AWD of 911 turbo and GT-R help big time. i personally think the LFA should have been AWD, but hey, it doesn't seem to hurt Ferrari.

We just have to wait for Top Gear to put it on its track and see how it works.
i really hope clarkson loves it. i think he might, because this car IS pretty wild, yet most likely extremely well put together, unlike some exotics which are light because they're almost falling apart.

some tv things that really helped ferrari are "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" and "Magnum PI".

Some comparisons...
EXCELLENT info compilation. thank you.

The LFA, like the Veyron is going to be a very emotional buy.
exactly.
Old 10-21-09, 12:21 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blackraven
My only gripe indeed is the rear-end.
Mother-****ing ugly rear-end
i disagree. i LOVE how the big vents make the side profile have a right angle detail...

plus, if THAT's in front of you, ain't no way you're going to forget it.

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
I like the comparisons to the Veyron TRD. So why then are the numbers not nearly as close? Afterall... Imagination is everything.
no following you, but the engineering on a 1M+ car provides a few more 'options'.

Once people get used to that it's only a matter of time when perceptions shift and the image of Toyota and Lexus changes for the better.
it won't matter if lexus doesn't have any other sporty models beyond the cheesy IS-F.

Originally Posted by TXSTYLE
As promised... Feedback from BMW board:
thanks for that. like BMW has anything exotic.

Originally Posted by rominl
but that's exactly why i have always thought lexus is "chasing" after the sport / supercar / exotic segment. it's a very steep uphill fight, and it's never easy, and i think it's up to a person to justify all the points.
there's a 100% chance of failure if you don't try. and toyota/lexus is trying and for that they should be applauded. some will love it. some won't. that's inevitable no matter what they did. but for me, this is one seriously beautiful and awesome car, putting ALL other toyota designs out the window. the side profile proportions are exquisite. and i for one love how the front got a little shorter and blunt, rather than the pointy kind it was in earlier concepts.

if after this lfa, lexus drops the ball and nothing follows, no promising new sc, no better 100-150k sport car, no gsf, etc... then yeah, i think they have wasted their lfa effort and the potential of future marketing potential.
exactly. here's hoping that does not happen.

Originally Posted by pagemaster
TOYOTA has been into racing and motorsports for years. TOYOTA even has a website http://www.toyotaracing.com/

It could be argued that if the Lexus LFA was called a TOYOTA LFA it could even be bigger. Toyota already has a heritage and a Toyotoa LFA would do wonders among the racing community.
keep firing blanks buddy. i believe selling it through the lexus dealerships makes MUCH more sense than where they sell Corollas.
Old 10-21-09, 12:25 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

The fact is, LEXUS has made a "375K" exotic supercar, and Nissan has NOT. When and if Nissan makes one, we will talk.
Nissan has already made a exotic supercar that costs much more then 375K. The mid engined twin turbo v8 Nissan R390 came out in 1998 and cost around 1 million dollars. It was made of carbon fiber, designed by Iam Callum, had carbon ceramic brakes, did 0-60 from 3.3-3.9 seconds, and had a top speed of over 200mph. Only 2 road going versions were known to be made but Nissan did build a 375K+ exotic supercar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Due5eeXDG4w&feature=fvw
sorry for the bad music
http://www.supercars.net/cars/1391.html
http://www.nissan.co.jp/COMPASS/R390...HLJ/in-a04.htm
Old 10-21-09, 12:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Nissan is very well knowing among racers. The Nissan GTR was the right move...an Inifniti GTR would of been a mistake.

TOYOTA has been into racing and motorsports for years. TOYOTA even has a website http://www.toyotaracing.com/

It could be argued that if the Lexus LFA was called a TOYOTA LFA it could even be bigger. Toyota already has a heritage and a Toyotoa LFA would do wonders among the racing community.

Time will tell if this Lexus is a success or a miscalculated mistake
lol, this is funny. so many people (i can't remember if you are one of them already) talks about the price of the lfa under the lexus name. if it's put under the toyota name? i guess the car has to be 100k
Old 10-21-09, 12:33 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

can we please stop talking about the GT-R?
Old 10-21-09, 12:35 PM
LexFather

Nissan is very well knowing among racers. The Nissan GTR was the right move...an Inifniti GTR would of been a mistake.

Time will tell if this Lexus is a success or a miscalculated mistake
No one is denying Toyota races cars. This was was to be a celebration of Toyota winning in F1 (didn't happen).

Toyota doesn't have one sporting car. The Supra was dead 11 years ago and was 50k loaded. The most expensive Toyota is a SUV.

This car is a celebration of Lexus.
It might signal a change in direction in regards to sporty offerings. Everyone was built from the ground up for Lexus. The Lexus selection processes only includes a few people.

Toyota wouldn't even know how to sell this! Imagine a Toyota salesman!

This is showing how Lexus is going to be sportier and the AE86 showed how Toyota intends to get sportier. Its not like Toyota didn't just introduce their own RWD sports car.
Old 10-21-09, 12:38 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by UDel
Nissan has already made a exotic supercar that costs much more then 375K. The mid engined twin turbo v8 Nissan R390 came out in 1998 and cost around 1 million dollars. It was made of carbon fiber, designed by Iam Callum, had carbon ceramic brakes, did 0-60 from 3.3-3.9 seconds, and had a top speed of over 200mph. Only 2 road going versions were known to be made but Nissan did build a 375K+ exotic supercar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Due5eeXDG4w&feature=fvw
sorry for the bad music
http://www.supercars.net/cars/1391.html
http://www.nissan.co.jp/COMPASS/R390...HLJ/in-a04.htm
Uhh, apples to oranges. IT WASN'T SOLD! It was to comply with Le Mans rules.

The Nissan R390 GT1 was a racing car built for the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1997 and 1998. It was built to race under the grand tourer style rules, requiring a homologated road version to be built, although unlike the Porsche 911 GT1 road version this was never sold.

Only 2 R390 road cars were ever built, and one is stored at Nissan's Zama warehouse.
Old 10-21-09, 12:40 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

I love Lexus and the LFA and everything they stand for but excuse me for saying that the configurator on the site http://ww2.lexus-lfa.com/index.html for the exterior configuration is HORRIBLE. Looks like an amateur made it, the interior customizer is much more Lexus quality.
Old 10-21-09, 12:41 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
can we please stop talking about the GT-R?
Thats an adorable kitty.
Old 10-21-09, 12:44 PM
Allen K
-0----0-

Received 584 Likes on 403 Posts

Originally Posted by Och
Thats an adorable kitty.
The GTR could birth a cuter cat.
Old 10-21-09, 12:46 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Allen K
The GTR could birth a cuter cat AND then eat its young and post how its eats faster than other cats on the internet.
Fixed........
Old 10-21-09, 12:48 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Uhh, apples to oranges. IT WASN'T SOLD! It was to comply with Le Mans rules.

The Nissan R390 GT1 was a racing car built for the 24 Hours of Le Mans in 1997 and 1998. It was built to race under the grand tourer style rules, requiring a homologated road version to be built, although unlike the Porsche 911 GT1 road version this was never sold.

Only 2 R390 road cars were ever built, and one is stored at Nissan's Zama warehouse.
It does not matter whether it was officially sold or how many were sold, that was not the point. Someone said Nissan never built a 350K+ exotic supercar which was wrong. Nissan did build a high performance million dollar exotic supercar and it was street legal. One is in a Nissan museum/warehouse, the other one I am not sure about but most likely it was bought by someone. Many special road versions of Le Mans competitors are built to comply with Le Mans rules like Porsche GT1s and Mercedes CLK GTRs among others, they were still built, sold, and driven on the street despite extremely low numbers.

Quick Reply: Lexus LFA- Discussion, Pictures & News (new colors gloss black, blue, yellow)