Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CA 1999 Lexus GS400 Silver w/Black Interior 202K Needs Paint and Smog Repairs $1900

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-17, 01:37 AM
10SecLS1
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default PRICE DROP Lexus GS400 Silverw/Black Interior 202K Needs Paint and Smog Repairs $1500

Car is currently in Gardena, California. Southern California South Bay Area, Has approximately 201100 Miles on it will check in the morning an exact amount. Registration is paid through middle of this month.

Cliff notes- Car starts and drives very well, has been very dependable for me, doesn't burn any oil, shifts like day one, never had any trouble with overheating or stalling, not starting , etc, it has been a very reliable car over the 7 years I've owned it. Ice Cold AC. Cosmetically car needs major work to be attractive, car still is functional and drive able just cosmetically beat up. Interior is 8/10 condition, back seat area is 9/10. Needs emissions issues addressed before car can be smogged and registered by new owner. Car is being sold AS IS with the emissions repairs and smog being the responsibility of the buyer. As a result of this I am officially titling this sale of this vehicle for parts or repair only.
I have 4 Cars in the driveway and I'm trying to get down to two vehicles.

The Good:
Megan Coil Overs

Rod Millen Motorsports Cold Air Intake w/ K&N Filter

HKS Mufflers, (Sounds Great but scraped badly, Low Car)

Fairly new Depo LED Tail Lights w/ Smoke

01-05 OEM Front Grill

OEM Factory HIDs

Heated Seats

A/C Blows Like New

brand new AAA Battery with 3 year replacement warranty 08/17

New Style Flip Key, 2 Keys to vehicle (only one transponder though)

19” AXIS Wheels 2 very new tires, 2 mid life tires

Drilled slotted rotors

Painted Calipers with Lexus decals

Dynamatted trunk

Tint on ALL windows. Limo tint back 3 windows. 20% tint driver and passenger window. Front windshield lightly tinted.

JDM Window Visors

Newer Alternator Lifetime warranty through O'Rileys

New Rear Brake Pads 5K miles ago

Power Steering pump replaced 20k miles ago with OEM 04 SC430 pump from LKQ

All 4 Ball joints replaced by Carlsbad Lexus at 125K Miles

Dealer Maintained through first 125K miles before I owned it (Can be verified on Lexus.com service history tab)

Regular Oil Changes

Sunroof works perfect no leaks or creaks

Kenwood Double Din Touchscreen Radio w/usb aux, etc, (Buttons died out only the touch screen works) Will need to be replaced at some point by new owner but gets the job done for now.

Pioneer D Series Speakers in rear doors

6.5" Focal Components and Tweeters in front doors

0 Gauge Grounds and Big 3 audio upgrade. ( I had 2K in Audio in this this vehicle at one point)

Pioneer 4 channel amp setup for front and rear speakers(amp currently disconnected)

The Bad

The car is throwing two emissions code very common for this model.

The first code p0446 for EVAP valve that needs to be replaced on the charcoal canister, I have the part and its included with the sale just never bothered to have it put on. This has been an issue since the day I got bought the car.

Second code it's throwing is for the catalytic converter gaskets, due to the exhaust scraping from time both the left and the right catalytic converter gaskets need to be replaced, they are fairly inexpensive from the dealer but I never bothered to deal with them because the car drove fine with these two codes on. These will both need to be replaced by the buyer before even attempting to smog or register the vehicle.

Starter contacts are starting to show wear starter will likely need rebuild or repair in the next year or two, never has left me stranded but can be annoying at times.

One headlight will not illuminate, likely factory ballast is bad. I drove with high beams on the last 3 months I was using the car.

Hood paint is flaking very badly

Side rocker below drivers and passengers door have scrapes and paint chipping purely cosmetic issue.

Car was hit in the rear quarter panel and the car was never repainted after the body work repairs were performed. Car still drives fine and has no leaks or from the damage.

Both front and rear bumper covers are functional but have tears at mounting points. would need to be replaced if you wanted the car to be ready for paint.

Passenger floor panel near foot area has a hump from when AAA jacked the car from the wrong point, minor issue but may bother some passengers.

I have described this car to the best of my ability I like to be extremely honest and upfront in my description and assessment to best prepare the next owner for exactly what they are getting into.

This car is being sold as is for parts and or repair or dismantling. The car starts and drives fine and will likely continue to be a dependable but due to me not wanting to put the time and money into repairing the emissions issues and CA state law requiring smog to be furnished by the seller I am making it clear and well known that this car is sold as is for parts and or repair by the new owner not me.

However If you have a friendly smog guy or are willing to pay someone to fix the emissions issues you can register this car in a heartbeat and drive it on a daily basis.

Pics coming tomorrow after a wash and vacuum of the interior.

$1500 OBO please PM or Call or Text me 562 413 75Six Nine if interested

Last edited by 10SecLS1; 08-07-17 at 01:17 PM. Reason: Price drop
Old 07-17-17, 09:33 PM
10SecLS1
Rookie

Old 07-17-17, 09:34 PM
10SecLS1
Rookie

Hood closes fine just was wiping down under the hood with a damp cloth.

interior pictures coming tomorrow.
Old 07-18-17, 08:27 PM
10SecLS1
Rookie

Old 07-19-17, 01:25 AM
vietstuh
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you willing to sell or trade the rmm intake? I have stock system and k&n fipk intake with heat shield available to trade.
Old 07-20-17, 01:08 AM
10SecLS1
Rookie

Originally Posted by vietstuh
Are you willing to sell or trade the rmm intake? I have stock system and k&n fipk intake with heat shield available to trade.
PM'd you a response.
Old 07-21-17, 02:55 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

wish you were closer i could use a set of wheels...
Old 07-29-17, 03:09 AM
10SecLS1
Rookie

Price reduced $1500 OBO
Old 08-07-17, 01:18 PM
10SecLS1
Rookie

Had AAA bring a new battery today and now included with the car. $1500 OBO