Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

VA 2006 GS430 Crystal White

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-17, 12:55 PM
hiih8er
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 GS430 Crystal White

Looking to sell my 2006 Crystal White/Cashmere GS430 with 129K miles. I purchased it from a dealership in NC in August 2015. It was previously a TX car which is where the dealer I purchased it from got it at auction. I've only put about 15K miles on it since purchasing and it has been a great car. The first oil change after I purchased I had done at a Toyota dealership with synthetic oil and I have since changed the oil twice myself using Mobil 1 and OEM toyota filters. I pulled the carfax when I purchased it that showed 100% dealer maintenance at correct intervals or a little earlier, and no accident or negative history. It's as clean as clean gets as far as records. There have been no mishaps since my ownership so the carfax will still be clean, I can provide the VIN to anyone who would like to check.

I'd rate the condition as better than what you would expect for a 11 year old car with nearly 130K on the odometer. It has your typical rock chips on the hood and some rash on the bottom of the bumper, but is completely free of dings or dents. Everything works as it should. Since I have owned it I have done the following modifications:

- BC Racing coilovers
- Avant M310 19" staggered dolphin grey wheels with Falken FK453 tires (245/40r19 front 275/35r19 rear)
- Tanabe Medallion exhaust (still have the original exhaust as well)
- VAIS tech bluetooth

The mods have less than 5K miles on them with the exception of the Vais tech, I installed that the week after I brought it home. The car runs and drives great, its an absolute blast to drive on back roads and actually handles better than my 2011 Shelby GT500 with the SVT upgraded suspension package.

I believe the car to have all options except nav, mark levison sound, backup camera and park assist. If someone has a list of what is optional features for 2006 so that I could match them up exactly, it would be greatly appreciated. It does have the sunshade, moonroof, ventilated seats, and AFS headlights which I know were options for the 2006 model year.

The bad:

- The "finish" on the rearview mirror is pretty jacked up. You can still see through it pretty well however. It was like this when I bought the car and hasn't gotten any better or worse.
- One of the directional control tabs on one of the center vents is missing, was also like this when I bought the car. Has not been a problem for me though, I used a screwdriver to adjust the fins once and haven't needed to change it.
- There's a very small tear (1/4" or so) on the passenger seat on the perforated portion of the leather. Not sure how this happened but it wasn't there when I bought the car.
- There's some rubbing on the inner fenders at different turning positions from the front wheels but nothing excessive.

All of the bad is purely cosmetic or otherwise doesn't change the function of the car. It literally needs nothing. Has fresh brakes (all OEM toyota), fresh tires, and fresh fluids. It's due for its next oil change in about 1 month or 1500 miles but I will do another oil change before change of ownership regardless.

The prices on these seems to be all over the place due to condition, color, accident history, location, etc. The few I see listed also seem to be close to stock (though mods generally don't really increase value). I'm going to price mine at $14000 and I will accept reasonable offers but it's not all that negotiable, if need be I'll just keep it.

Terms of sale: The car has been my daily driver with the exception of inclement weather or if there is salt on the roads in which case I drive my truck. The car is still being driven but as you can tell by the limited mileage I've put on it that it won't be much more, I generally drive less than 50 miles per week. I'm only selling the car because I need something with a little more rear leg room and truck space so I'm upgrading to a 13+ LS460 F Sport which I believe I have found the one I want and will be purchasing shortly and for this reason I am not interested in any trades. Once purchase I won't have much use for the GS anymore, but I do have my truck to drive if the GS sells before I make a deal on a LS.

Shipping: I will not sell the car sight unseen. Not that there is anything major wrong with it, it's described 100% accurately. I sold a vehicle once sight unseen (also perfectly described) to someone that was a fraud and made false claims to the point that I had to issue a discount/partial refund on the vehicle which was his tactic to get it a little cheaper. If you're not local I will gladly pick you up from a close by airport for you to inspect the car and make payment, but if shipping it back and not driving it home then shipping will be 100% on the buyer. In this case the car will be parked immediately after inspection/payment, odometer reading photographed, and photographed again when the transport company picks up. I'm sorry if this is an inconvenience but I'm not willing to take the chance again.

I will get some good pics up shortly but please let me know if you have any questions. This is a great car and great looking, and despite some minor cosmetic issues anyone will be very happy to own it.

Last edited by hiih8er; 06-14-17 at 06:04 PM.