Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FL FS: 1992 Lexus SC400 LOW MILES

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-16, 03:55 PM
99rx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
Default FS: 1992 Lexus SC400 LOW MILES

SOLD

I have up for sale my beloved 1992 SC400 with only 88k miles. I rarely drive this car anymore as it's no longer practical as well as the fact that I have a company car that allots us personal miles. I've had the vehicle for 3 years. I bought it from the original owners back in 2013 with only 82,884 miles. They were forced to sell when her husband unexpectedly passed. This was his baby since new, so it was difficult for them, but I assured them I would take care of it. The vehicle was serviced at Lexus up until 2008 when they moved to Florida and began servicing it at a local mechanic. When I got it, I also serviced it myself as well as with my mechanic when needed. I have taken care of this care since the day I got it. I've garage kept it up until April when I moved to a home without one. It now sits with a car cover and still gets washed and waxed weekly to keep the paint good. I've loved this car since the day I got it, I've just come to the realization that if I'm going to keep a personal car, I'd like it to be practical and be able to have more than myself and a passenger in it. This vehicle is a very reliable vehicle as you all probably know with these 400's... It has never failed me in terms of getting in and going somewhere. I removed the CD player to have it rebuilt, but then my rebuilder advised me he could no longer get parts for it, so I decided to ditch it. I instead installed an AUX input in the center console that you can also charge your phone. Had to wire it through the antenna since this vehicle is equipped with the Nakamichi head unit. I was not comfortable taking the rear deck apart to replace those speakers, so I went ahead and replaced the front speakers and tweeters only.

Things replaced since I've owned it:
*A/C compressor, condenser, dryer, expansion valve all converted to R-134
*A/C Info panel (blacked out)
*Seats recovered
*IS300 Chrome wheels
*All new brake pads and rotors
*Power steering system flush
*Two new rear struts
*New power steering rack boots
*New front sway bar links
*Alternator (very noisy due to leaky power steering pump)
*Power steering pump
*Fuel filter
*New Serpentine Belt
*Two new front tires (rears are still very good)
*Trunk struts
*New front speakers and tweeters
*New windshield (7/12/16), just chipped it last week. Having it replaced with PWG glass.
*Complete D&R of transmission fluid with new type 4 fluid
*Transmission Mount

Things to note:
1. I have tried and tried to remedy the front headlamps and the condensation that tends to build up, but with no success. So they still tend to get some condensation as you can see in the pictures.

2. Within the last 1-2 months I have noticed the speedometer does not keep up with the speed I am traveling at. I would be on the interstate doing 70 (phone GPS), and the speedometer showed 48 mph. I talked with Tanin Electronix and they advised me it would be a relatively easy fix and not too costly. It hasn't bothered me much because I can use my phone to keep track of MPH. The mileage also still counts accurately as I compared it against 3 different speed apps that track mileage as well. All other gauges work perfect.

3. Occasionally when I haven't driven the vehicle in over a week and cold start it, it revs higher than usual (1700 rpm) for about 30 seconds or so, then drops back down to the normal cold start RPM of about 1200 and then levels out accordingly. Again it hasn't bothered me much because I go out 5 minutes before I leave to go somewhere and start the car to cool it off and circulate the oil and what not. This only happens occasionally on cold starts.

4. The antenna just started to grind this past week on the way down. It goes up fine, but gets stuck halfway on the way down and if I help it along it goes fine. I may just go ahead and fix this before I sell it.

5. The paint on the rear bumper has begun to fade slightly. The previous owners had the majority of the vehicle covered in a carport, but in the later part of the day the rear end of the vehicle saw the sun. This is again something that I would have no problem taking care of if it's an issue for a buyer.

Other than those few things, the car is very solid and I've had no issues driving it long distances. No overheating, weird shifting, mechanical gremlins, etc. I've only used 93 octane gas from Shell and rarely let it get below half a tank (After I took the pictures I ran to fill it up...). I'm asking $5200 since I think this is a fair price for a vehicle with little to no issues and with very low miles. I encourage you to come see the car in person before making any judgements on the price. I can be contacted on CL via PM as it forwards to my email. The vehicle is in North St. Petersburg, FL and can be seen in the evenings as well as on weekends. As an added little thing, I'll throw it my laser etched LEXUS iPod Nano 2gb. Just a neat little thing to have. I also have two masters keys and a valet, as well as the original window sticker.

Last edited by 99rx; 07-23-16 at 11:59 AM.
Old 07-15-16, 12:14 PM
99rx
Instructor

Bumpity Bump!
Old 07-23-16, 11:58 AM
99rx
Instructor

Sold. Please close.