Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

OR 26K mi 2009 IS-F with OS Giken LSD $38K Many pics in links

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-16, 08:14 PM
stantaur
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 26K mi 2009 IS-F with OS Giken LSD $36K, warranty to 2017, pics, links

Pristine 26.3K mi. Lexus IS-F w/OSG limited slip diff, Mark Levinson Sound, Crimson (Matador Red) / Black leather (still smells brand new), moonroof, heated seats, navigation, rear-view camera, clear bra, 0-deductible Lexus warranty extension to 2017. Extensive photos shown here https://flic.kr/s/aHskqEBFHe

Always garaged, clean CarFax/no accidents, adult-driven (non-smoker), meticulously maintained and cared for. Parked on battery tender with recirc vent closed, windows up and moonroof closed to preserve that intoxicating smell of new Lexus premium leather. Lexus Platinum Extended Warranty, Mobil 1 fluids & Lexus oil filters every 5K miles. Never driven in snow, rarely even in rain. Mostly used for vacation trips with my wife along Oregon’s twisty tree-lined roads. We average 20-21 MPG - mix of highway (26-27 on trips) and city/hills (17).

Unlike other ‘09s, this car has OS Giken’s Traction Control Differential (TCD) clutch-type limited slip differential (LSD), which absolutely transformed the car’s handling and traction in twisty road driving and wet conditions. The TCD is OSG’s top-shelf solution for Porsche, BMW, Mercedes & Lexus premium street cars. It provides seamless transfer of torque (in milliseconds) from a wheel that’s just beginning to slip to the wheel with grip. OSG’s TCD is far superior to the factory “TorSen” torque sensing LSDs Lexus started installing in 2010+ ISFs which will still spin the inside rear wheel coming out of tight turns. The OSG has not squeaked a tire by comparison to Lexus factory TorSen cars I’ve driven. It grips with zero drama and is otherwise 100% transparent to the driver – no whine, no clicks, just pure grip and confidence. The OSG packs over 26 clutches with internal oil channels that ensure a long life for luxury performance vehicles. This site provides additional detail: http://www.osgiken.net/products.php?product=lsd – this car has the TCD version, which has proven to be noise free while providing grip that transformed the vehicle. $3750 installed incl parts & labor

The reason we’re selling is (as you can tell by the low miles) we don’t use this car enough and we’re looking to simplify things. Most of my miles go on our RAV4 V6, our Tundra (mountain bike hauler) or Cayman S (early morning weekend drive in the twisties). The IS-F has been our long-haul GT vacation car, making a wonderful trip down the Oregon coast & through the forests. But after buying the Cayman used in 2014, I barely put 2000 miles on the IS-F last year. I’m in no hurry to sell, and if we don’t sell it now, I don’t mind enjoying the car another few years.

All records, all factory Tech Service Bulletins EXCEPT the re-flash that cuts power when brake is applied (which ruins performance cars for drivers who left-foot brake for smoother driving inputs).
Front sub-frame TSB performed by Lexus techs, optimizing camber and caster and preventing the slight rightward pull common to the ‘08+ IS platform. Basically, Lexus techs unbolt the front subframe after 5K miles to ensure everything’s settled in and do a top-shelf alignment to spec, and re-tighten the bolts, ensuring the car is ideally aligned.

The TSBs for water pump, cooling fan shroud brace, windshield wiper were all done to perfection in 2015.

The car has 41 lb of weight savings from the following bolt-on/bolt-off components; factory items are included in sale. I’ll gladly swap the Laivins Lightweight pieces off once the sale is completed if new owner wants.

Lightweight (21 lb) Deka battery and Laivins aluminum mounting kit trimmed 21 lb from factory battery/mount per my scale, and provides seamless starting power. Picture below has engine cover removed to show Lexus techs did not mangle the bits underneath when they replaced sensors doing the 2015 TSB work (there are nightmare stories on www.clublexus.com of less-professional dealers breaking that black U-shaped harness cover on other people’s cars). $180

Lightweight (16.5 lb) 3” Laivins mandrel-bent single axle-back exhaust with stainless Magnaflow shaved 20 lb off of factory 36 lb system, flows better, has no drone, rattles, etc. and is fully emissions-legal. Sound is almost identical to factory dual, with slightly lower burble when accelerating that turns into a growl at wide-open throttle - video link below shows both acceleration and cruise. $700

Picture shows the factory exhaust's crushed "Y" split in direct comparison to the free-flowing 3" mandrel bends in Laivins lightweight exhaust by comparison.

HPS silicone air inlet replaces bellowed factory inlet to smooth airflow without suffering heat-soak of other aftermarket pipes. Factory fit, 5 minute installation. $180

Fresh Bridgestone RE-11s (245f/275r) installed 5K miles ago, with plenty of tread left.

Wired for Valentine V1 radar detector, right side of rear-view mirror.

Flaws include a small door ding behind driver’s side rear door which has been touched up, a small chip on passenger side windshield that we proactively sealed with no spread since, and minor chips on the right front and left rear wheel that have been covered with matching paint.

Those are the specs, but the story of this car is pure Petrolicious http://petrolicious.com/, whether you’re up early on a Saturday morning driving your favorite twisty road or heading out for a 1500 mile vacation down the coast. You walk into the garage, see that crimson (Matador Red) paint glimmer in the light. You open the door & slide into that immediately comfortable seat, taking in the smell of fresh leather. Starting the engine greets you with a melodious burble that announces the 416 HP beast is ready. As you back out of the garage, you open your moonroof & take note of that mechanical symphony of precision-crafted engine pieces ticking over like a fine piece of Japanese jewelry, assembled to the most obsessive specification. It takes a while to warm the oil temperature up into the playful range due to this thing pumping 9.5 quarts of oil, but once it’s warmed up, you crack open the throttle and run through a few gears, feeling that mid-range surge grow to a full-bore 32 valve crescendo at the 6700 RPM shift point. The steering feel, the responsiveness of the chassis with that LSD-endowed rear end – all putting power down and moving you from corner to corner with confident urgency. The beauty of this thing is its precision. It’s a Lexus, so you know it’s overbuilt and is going to age far better than its German competitors. You know the clearances, the designs, the durability testing is world-class, so there’s zero question in your mind you can take it wherever your wallet and vacation time will allow, with zero headaches. It’s an amazing grand tourer, registering 73 dB on our sound meter vs. 78 dB for a stock GT-R we drove (road noise) or 77 for our Cayman S (which we later had to add layers of sound deadening in an attempt to make as quiet & relaxing as the IS-F is on long drive).

Google Video from some pics & clips this weekend

Asking $36K including the weight-reduction parts, factory originals, LSD, based on prices seen for similar cars on CarGurus.com and their nationwide pricing analysis. http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invento...ting=135020100 26K is on the low side for miles, and the ’09 has arguably the more refined / subtle interior (no bright blue lower section of the steering wheel, more legible speedometer, etc.) The OS Giken LSD fixed the only issue of the ‘09s in my opinion, in fact providing a better traction and chassis dynamics experience than even the factory TorSen LSD on 2010s and later.

I realize this pricing, styling and mild revisions might not be everyone’s cup of tea, and that’s OK. No offense to the owners of 2010+ cars & enthusiasts from IS-F and other marques. If it doesn't sell, no offense taken.

Fender lip pic shows the door ding mentioned in Flaws section. Never bothered me but I've deducted $250 from asking price in case next owner wants to fix.

Thanks,
stantaur3 at the yahoo

Last edited by stantaur; 02-13-16 at 07:59 PM. Reason: Forgot to list nav
Old 02-08-16, 02:50 PM
harkirath
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Watching this. glws
Old 02-08-16, 06:55 PM
stantaur
Driver School Candidate

Default Added video clips & more pictures to original post

Thank you. I added some more pics to the original post to save folks the time of going to the Flickr link (which still has a ton more pictures).
Old 02-10-16, 06:32 AM
xellos
Driver

Glad you're at the opposite corner of the country so it's not as feasible to trade in my IS350 for this. Also sad for the same reasons. Glws!
Old 02-10-16, 01:27 PM
tonyrd1
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Where are you located in Oregon?
Old 02-10-16, 03:22 PM
harkirath
Driver

Originally Posted by xellos
Glad you're at the opposite corner of the country so it's not as feasible to trade in my IS350 for this. Also sad for the same reasons. Glws!
That's exactly why I am watching this lol. He is right above me. Tempting
Old 02-10-16, 10:40 PM
stantaur
Driver School Candidate

We're in a suburb of Portland's SW quadrant called Tigard. I work from home, so if you have a friend in the area who wants to check the car out for you, I'm glad to accommodate schedules pretty easily. Thanks again for the kind words on the IS-F. I felt weird listing her the first couple of days, almost like I was betraying. Getting a little more comfortable with the idea of that spot in the garage being vacant if she finds a good home.
Old 02-13-16, 08:04 PM
stantaur
Driver School Candidate

Default Price reduced to $36K incl warranty out to 2017

Reducing price down to $36K, and subtle reminder this includes zero-deductible Lexus warranty extension out to 2/28/17.

Thanks,
stantaur3 at the yahoo
Old 02-25-16, 03:50 PM
lexneffect
Pole Position

Great taste and mixture of cars. Tigard is a great place to live - love the city!
Old 02-25-16, 11:35 PM
stantaur
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by lexneffect
Great taste and mixture of cars. Tigard is a great place to live - love the city!
Thank you - very kind of you, and a nice stable you have there yourself!
Old 03-08-16, 08:01 PM
stantaur
Driver School Candidate

Default Deal pending

Did not think the car would sell this quickly, but it turns out that this is one of the lowest mile '09s advertised / analyzed by http://www.CarGurus.com and in far better condition than the $36K one with aftermarket wheels (and no LSD) at CarMax in Tulsa.

Will post final announcement when deposit and transactions have cleared. Thanks again to this board and community for helping find a good home for our IS-F. Feel sad thinking we won't be doing any future trips in her, but this young couple seems to really "get" the value of the IS-F and the subtle improvements of the OS Giken LSD and Laivins lightweight parts.
Old 03-09-16, 12:51 AM
magneti
Pole Position

congrats to all involved. beautiful ride.
Old 03-09-16, 04:43 AM
stantaur
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. Fighting off some seller's remorse this morning when the Motor Trend / Ignition vid clip with Carlos Lago came up in my feed.
That said, we may be moving into another house & it would be easier to have fewer cars to have to store in our garage. Will miss being part of this community - great group of people.
Old 03-09-16, 05:57 AM
xellos
Driver

Congrats on sale! Definitely would've taken a serious look if the car was posted a couple months earlier lol.