Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

CAN-Other 2005 LS430 Silky White with 21,486 miles

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-13, 01:22 PM
Tony1M
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 LS430 Silky White with 21,486 miles

My wife and I want to downsize from our winter '92 Accord and summer-only Lexus to a year-round SUV, so up for sale is our 2005 Lexus LS430.

My wife and I bought the vehicle from VistaBMW in Coconut Creek, Florida. The vehicle was transported from Florida to the Sweetrass,Montana/Coutts, Alberta "port of entry" into Canada on the top tier of a big-rig vehicle transport. After making transportation arrangements and receiving word of its imminent arrival in Sweetgrass, my wife and I drove from Edmonton to Coutts in our '92 Honda Accord, then on May 21 of 2010 literally walked accross the border from Coutts to Sweetgrass, met the transport truck as it drove into a mutually agreeable off-loading area, took possession of the Lexus from the truck driver and drove it back across the border.

At the time the vehicle crossed the border it had 17,013 miles on it and as of this moment it has 21,486 miles (34,580 km), so we have put 4,473 miles on the vehicle, which is just under 1,500 miles per year.

The vehicle has been our summer-only vehicle since we bought it, and, by its previous location, miles and its excellent condition (based upon a $200 pre-purchase inspection), we bought the vehicle believing that it had never been operated in snow.

The first summer we owned the vehicle I put 3M film 15" up the hood; completely over the front bumper; slightly up the front tips of the fenders adjacent to the hood; over the front portions of the side-mirrors, over the headlight lenses, over the parking lights, door edges and on the top of the back bumper.

I also installed Lexus OEM mud guards which, because the 072 colored guards were no longer available, closely match the color of the rest of the vehicle, but are not identical to it. I described the installation here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/6405359-post32.html

Because of the measures we have taken to preserve the vechile as much as possible, the vehicle is still in excellent condtion. It still even has the typical smell of a new car.

In addition to the long list of features that came standard on the base 2005 LS430, this car has navigation, back-up camera, voice command recognition, parking sensors, 6-CD changer, Mark Levinson sound system and bluetooth phone.

This vehicle does not have the driver-adjustable "air shocks".

The tires on the vehicle are Sumitomo and were new when we purchased the car. They now have 4,473 miles (7,200 km) on them, so they still have very good tread depth.

All glass, lenses and lamps are perfect. All the power items and electronic controls and gizmos operate normally. AC blows ice cold. The spare is a brand new Goodyear, which has never been used. The engine oil is Mobil 1 Synthetic 5W-30.

The vehicle comes with its three original key fobs and the owner's and navigation system manuals.

Imperfections in vehicle exterior.

Before we purchased the car the seller sent us high rez photos of the vehicle, one of which showed on small ding and a short scrape on the passenger rear door. The inspection report also showed them.

In response to our request, Vista performed a so-called "paintless" removal, or smoothing, of those items. A couple of small holes were drilled just inside the edge of the door adjacent to, and in a direct line with, the dings. I understand that smoothing tools were then inserted through those holes which, from inside the door cavity, pushed out and smoothed the ding and scrape. Although they could still be seen, the panel was at least smooth, except for the actual scrape through the surface of the paint. (The holes used for insertion of tools are now plugged with small, near-flush plastic plugs that, as far as I can tell, are water-tight.)

When the vehicle arrived here, I attempted to touch up those areas with custom-mixed paint and clear coat. Although the result is good, upon close inspection, the paint over the scrape can be discerned as different than the paint color on the rest of the door. However, if the discontinuity is touched, it is as perfectly smooth as the rest of the door.

There is but a single small rock chip on the hood and it is located under the grille on the bottom edge of the hood. The chip did not penetrate to metal. The chip is now covered with 3M film, as is a good deal of the hood.

Again, the film extends up the hood 15" from the top center of the grille. Other than that sigle chip, the entire rest of the grille and hood is literally perfect.

There are some tiny sand pits behind the very bottom edge of the rear mud guards, but they are literally underneath the car and cannot be seen unless you get down on your hands and knees and look carefully.

There are two tiny scratches on the passenger-side corner of the rear bumper.

Imperfections on vehicle interior

On the interior of the vehicle there is only one imperfection, but it is a rather large one. On the front portion of the driver's seat there is what only can be called a tan or bronze stain whose borders match that of where the underside of a person's exposed bare legs would touch the seat.

My wife and I believe that the previous owner put so-called tanning or bronzing solution on his/her legs and that is what stained the front portion of the seat. I cannot imagine any other way for this discoloration to happen.
The passenger seat color is absolutely perfect, as are the rear seats.

I suppose that one could attempt to have the discoloration in the driver's seat removed, but my wife and I did not consider it a serious flaw, so we did not do that.

Again, the rest of the interior is literally as new. The carpets and carpeted mats are original and look great. We have some rubber mats to protect the carpets.

The interior of all the doors is perfect.

The exterior if the car is stunning. The Silky White color looks white at certain viewing angles and silver at a slightly different one.

We have the vehicle's original Florida title, as well as all the other documentation with respect to importation, RIV registration and out-of-province inspection. We also have a copy of the CarProof that the BMW dealer provided to us prior to our purchasing the vehicle and we can email that to any interested party, as well as the AutoSpector pdf pre-purchase inspection report which, again, cost us $200. Because the car was originally built for the US market, it would be very easy for a US buyer to import the car back into the US.

The price is $26,000 FIRM for the vehicle.

If you are interested in seeing the vehicle or having additional high-resolution photos of any part of the car emailed to you, don't hesitate to ask. PM me if interested.

Last edited by Tony1M; 05-23-13 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-15-13, 09:55 AM
Tony1M
Driver School Candidate

First bump.
Old 05-24-13, 01:51 PM
Tony1M
Driver School Candidate

second bump
Old 05-24-13, 07:33 PM
99rx