Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

FL 2002 Original 5spd IBP is300, NON vvt-I GTE swap, FS

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-12, 12:59 PM
Irishsupra
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Original 5spd IBP is300, NON vvt-I GTE swap, FS

THREAD UPDATED! NAME YOUR PRICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NEED IT GONE NOW OR IT'S GOING TO PART OUT UNTIL STRIPPED!

Name: Trent Hoover
Phone #: 727-543-1894 (TEXT only please, we can talk via phone afterwards. Thanks!)
VIN#: JTHBD192X20042507
Miles: Currently, 148,790K. Will increase slightly, over time, as this IS MY DD!
Price: $14,000/$14,500 (see below)
Title Status: CLEAN!!!!!, only 1 (one) accident reported, see below
Contact Info: I prefer a text message at the above number, you can also email at trenthoover84@gmail.com, it goes straight to my phone.

UPDATE! PRICE DROP = NAME YOUR PRICE! Shoot me an offer, lets do this!

For those wondering about the BOV location, I’ll explain it once, and once only right here. I am not thrilled with it at all. The shop that fabricated my charge piping decided this was “the only place it could fit”. I think they were just being jackasses as he was laughing about it when he told me why he did it. There is room below the bumper for the BOV, however the BOV works as intended, with no ill effects, other than looking like a ***** hanging in the way. I did not intend on it at all, sorry if it bugs you.

The car:
PUBLIC FACEBOOK ALBUM WITH PLENTY MORE PICS! -- http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...2450434&type=3
Pictures below were taken TODAY, July 28th, 2012.
As of today, the car has been washed and interior detailed. (Don’t mind some water spots and water streaks, wiping those off after this post) Could use a light buff and some wax to really bring the IBP up to par. Again, this can be done prior to sale.
Please excuse me if I have forgotten something below. I will continue to try and re-read my thread and update as needed. Thanks!

First of its kind in the continental US that I know of doing what I have done, running an OBD1 TT Supra ECU, MAPecu Version 1, IS300 ECU delete with minimal “factory” functions lost.
I see a lot of people post up their turbo IS300’s claiming it is basically a 4 door Supra. That is true to one point, and one point only…the engine. After that, I would gladly take the is300 over a mkIV any day of the week with the GTE in the car. I built this car with the intention of being able to boost like I did in my old Supras, and still be able to carry my kiddo to school, run errands, groceries, and have the functionality of a 4 door car. Hate to sell this thing, but it is time to move on to something else. With an r154, or v160, this car is capable of 500whp with the current turbo and fuel set-up. Car will need rear tires. I can negotiate a cheaper price, or I can purchase them myself and install them before sale. Either way.
The W55 is showing no issues at all to this point, and the power levels are kept reasonable in order to prolong the life of my daily driven boost machine. While there are some issues with the swap as far as features lost, this is a purpose built car that is very fun to drive, easy to diagnose, and has been very reliable. Perfect for a standalone setup, or wherever you want to take the car. As stated below, AC does not currently work, and that will be wired in as soon as I can get to it, which will hopefully be this week. I intend on wiring it directly to the stock “on/off” switch for the compressor.

2002 Intensa Blue Pearl original 5spd is300, chassis mileage at 148k and some change, and I have some service records for the car from the first owner. 3 owner car, and really, I only count it as two based on the fact that the second owner had it in his possession for about 4 months. I knew the guy through my wife, and he flips through cars like you wouldn’t believe. FL car its entire life aside from the 4 months it was in VA where I flew up to purchase it.

Factory lsd

Stock w55 5spd, appeared to have been rebuilt from the looks of it, shifts smooth, no grinds, no noise, still solid as I baby this car for the most part.

Spirited driving on occasion, at no more than 12psi. Have ran 14psi 4 times, this car moves.

Black interior/ carpet with black leather and suede trimmed seats. (does show a little fading on the door panel suede)

“dark chrome” tail lights.

Aftermarket black housing headlights( no issues with condensation, leaking, nothing) using factory HID, auto lights still work.

Chrome altezza front grill with red altezza emblem

PHR Short throw shifter

H&R springs on stock shocks, still a very nice Lexus type ride IMO.

Stock “graphite” wheels, with minor curb rash, and can include a set of 18x8.5 ASA brand wheels I have from a buddy. Add $500 to the price of the car if you want them. Needs 2(two) tires.

Old school sony head unit, stock amp delete(I have this if you would like it back, as well as the factory head unit w/ 6-disc changer built in, and even has a CD in there already I forgot to take out that you can have LOL)

Old school set of MTX 10” subs and an amp to power them will go with the car. Had these since I graduated high school in 2003, I really just don’t feel like keeping them around. They will go with the car if you wish. Sounds great, still have room in my trunk for a golf bag, or plenty of groceries.

Brakes were changed about 4 months ago, and calipers were painted black.

The Engine/Aftermarket associated with it:

ALL PARTS/WORK DONE HAS LESS THAN 12k MILES!, with the exception of the turbo that was bought used, with 4000 miles.

Aristo JDM non VVTi GTE, engine had a 60,000 mile service sticker on the cam cover dated just 3 months before I purchased it. Compression test was 180psi across ALL 6 cylinders just 3 months ago. Runs strong, no noises that shouldn’t be there.

New Toyota timing belt installed as per the TSRM, just for safe measure.

Complete gasket replacement minus head gasket, front main seal, and valve stem seals. Have seen zero smoke on start up so far

Turbonetics 60-1 t/4 turbo, twin scroll

USDM supra 6spd ecu OBD1, with MAPecu to control fuel. Currently using the Aristo IAT, have the MAPecu IAT that will convey with the car.

USDM supra 550cc injectors, with rail and regulator.

NEW OEM USDM supra water pump front and rear assembly

NEW OEM thermostat

Refreshed valve covers, intake, and throttle body

Professionally painted black cam cover, LOOKS GREAT!

RPS pressure plate and 6puck clutch disk rated for 500whp/465tq

NEW OEM toyota throw out bearing and pilot bearing for w55

MKIV supra throttle cable

Traction control motor block off plate, not real pretty, but you really don’t notice it either.

All 3" stainless mandrel bend pipes for custom one off exhaust

Ebay bar and plate intercooler small enough to retain front crash bar(crash bar currently uninstalled due to having plans for a larger 3 row, it will convey with the car)

2.5" mandrel bend piping for intercooler , professionally done at speed fab here in Jax.(the guys who did the “*****” pipe as I affectionately call it)

Dritmotion oil feed/return kit(stainless braided), pulley kit (all aluminum minus crank pulley which is stock), injector clips, coil pack clips all new.

Walboro 255lph fuel pump

custom CNC fuel pump hanger and custom fuel return line

USDM supra ignitor

low impedance resistor pack

Toyota noise filter for resistor pack

Handmade wiring harness utilizing the original aristo harness, with pieces taken from a spare is300 harness that were needed. Hand wrapped and ran. All wiring was done using SOLDERED joints. No wire loom on the harness, only doubled wrapped with electrical tape at this point. All joints were done with heat shrink and double wrapped as well. The guy helping me with my wiring has extensive knowledge of automotive wiring, and was an Aviation Electrician in the Navy with me in Norfolk. (OBD1 supra wiring book straight from Toyota, as well as our own diagrams will convey with the car)

AEM uego wideband

AEM truboost

HKS turbo timer

STI gauge pod

Greddy BCC

MAPecu 1

Tial Q 50mm bov in black

Godspeed 50mm waste gate, re-circulated.

OBX twin scroll manifold

Vibrant 3” resonator built in-line with the exhaust. Sounds great, just like a single supra should. Not too loud, and not really all that bad with “highway drone”.

Autometer water temp gauge(to replace the lost “factory” gauge)

Resurfaced is300 flywheel, OEM Toyota NEW flywheel bolts installed to correct torque with calibrated torque wrench as per the TSRM.

Will come with a new o2 sensor, and spare bung for the down pipe, as well as a stock TT MAF with pigtail if you choose to go back to a stock ecu system on the car.

The Pros:
The car is stupid reliable. I would drive it wherever I needed to go with zero hesitation. Fires right up in the mornings, cold starts are not a problem. This is my daily driver, I take it with me everywhere I can, whenever I can, with ZERO hesitation. Suspension components show no wear, although it will need a proper alignment as the springs have not been on that long. Car is in great shape for its age with minor blemishes both inside and out. Interior I would rate an 8, and exterior I would rate an 8 as well.

The Cons:

1 accident reported on the carfax, which states "in the rear". Frame is straight, was not totaled, was rear ended at a stop sign and only the trunk lid was replaced which is the only VIN sticker missing. ALL OTHER VINS ARE PRESENT!!!!

Has the “sticky dash, scratched coating” issue associated with ’02-’05 is300’s.

I bought the car with a scrape to the lower passenger side rocker panel. Not horrible, but I notice it every day. Bugs me, however I have been concerned with performance over outside cosmetics for the most part. Had intentions of covering it up with side skirts after I installed a front lip, ran out of cash flow after I finished up the swap.

There are a few MINOR dings in the doors, and one on the passenger side front fender, all are repairable, and one has touch up paint on it, all from the previous two owners. Other than that, the paint is in great shape, cleans up and shines like new when waxed.

Front dome light burnt out. Bulb will be replaced.

Headlight auto level light is on, figured out why, and will be rectifying the situation asap.

BOTH keys from the car need new plastic covers. Both were broken when I got them, and they have finally gotten to the point where I have just taped them closed. Looks janky, easy fix. HOWEVER, both keys electronics work just fine.

The gauge pod will most likely need some attention. It was meant for an STI, and I have been trying to find someone to either fiberglass it into the center console, or make a replica out of carbon fiber. Looks OK, nothing special at all. Your call.

Cons from the swap:

The tune I have is from speed fab, and was taken from a buddy running the same turbo and set up I am on his Supra. Great around town once she is warmed up, and a little on the lean side out of boost.(15.1-15.3 depending on temperature) I managed to keep the average fuel economy of 19-20mpg. Still get the 17mpg around town, even when boosting on occasion. It does go rich in boost, then leans out just a tad to right below 11. Will need a proper tune in order to make her run perfect. $350 done in Orlando at Columbia tuning. Otherwise, zero issues there.

There were some features lost in the process of this swap due to loosing the is300 ecu that interacts with a “multi-plex” system:
Stock water temp gauge
Stock MPG gauge
Outside ambient air temp reading
Traction control and Cruise control
Fuel gauge does not work, was originally thought to be a ground wire issue. I switched from the stock pump hanger to a custom CNC pump hanger and it quit working at that point. Did work prior to switching hangers. Not sure if the sending unit is bad or what. I just know that driving in town, I fill up at around 250-270 miles. The two times it has been on the highway, I make sure to fill up prior to 300 miles. Works for me, if it is a problem, we can discuss it further for serious buyers.

The turbo timer, when it is on and counting down, does not allow you to lock or unlock the car via the key, or pop the trunk. We discovered that is due to the multi-plex system, and have no idea how to wire it differently.

And finally, the A/C on off switch needs to be wired into the A/C compressor pump. I will take care of this as well prior to sale/trade.

Overall, the car is solid. I take my kid to school, myself to school, the bank, run errands. Daily driven sleeper sled. As I said, I have no qualms about hopping in this thing and taking off to see my family in Illinois. Zero overheating issues, never stutters or bogs down, great pedal response, great throttle response. I love the car. Only reason for this sale is that I am at a point where I’m just ready for something else. I bought a boat to start a charter service, don’t have much time for the car at all, and someone else should be enjoying this beast. I have JUST ABOUT every receipt for everything purchased or done to the car during the swap, or in a shop during my ownership. Most of which are on paypal, but can be printed out for you no problem.

Let me know what pictures you would like to see of the car, and if you ever want to call and chat about it, text me first, then we can call and talk. I tried to be as upfront as possible about this car. I’m a stand up guy, and have no qualms about answering questions or providing any details at all about the swap.

Link to my un-updated, non complete build thread: http://my.is/forums/f219/built-floor...eo-pg3-432134/

Last edited by Irishsupra; 09-13-12 at 08:08 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 07-24-12, 01:14 PM
Irishsupra
Rookie

Last edited by Irishsupra; 07-28-12 at 10:02 AM.
Old 07-25-12, 05:46 AM
ISNINE
Driver

That is one well done IS! GLWS
Old 07-25-12, 08:15 AM
Irishsupra
Rookie

Last edited by Irishsupra; 07-28-12 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-25-12, 06:58 PM
Wicked SC
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Interesting way of mounting your BOV..Never saw it mounted that was, is there a specific reason why?
Old 07-25-12, 07:57 PM
Irishsupra
Rookie

Speed Fab, the company doing my intecooler piping and exhaust, decided this was the "only way I could make it fit". I know its bull****, I know why they did it, and I know it will fit elsewhere. I have just been too busy to make it right. Very unimpressed with them as far as attitude went. Dudes welds are great, if only his demeanor towards others and his job was the same. Has no effect on the cars performance at all, just looks like a ***** hanging off the engine.
Old 07-27-12, 11:08 AM
Irishsupra
Rookie

Pics of the mentioned wheels

Last edited by Irishsupra; 07-28-12 at 09:59 AM.
Old 07-28-12, 09:59 AM
Irishsupra
Rookie

Thread updated, TONS OF PICS!
Old 07-28-12, 10:25 PM
Irishsupra
Rookie

video from a dead cold start up this morning. What sounds like hesitation on the throttle is me feathering the gas pedal. My neighbors hate this thing. Surrounded by old fogies. AFR's rich until warm up, side effect of needing a "proper" tune. They lean out to high 14's upon warm up.

Old 07-30-12, 09:29 AM
Irishsupra
Rookie

600+ views, someone is interested in this car. Make me an offer! Just drove her to class today, running amazing. I will try to get a video up by the weeks end of the car running and driving. Gotta sell it unfortunately, so lets go! Motivated seller!
Old 07-31-12, 09:42 PM
Irishsupra
Rookie

Since it has been asked in other forums, and for those not interested in reading a complete for sale thread on a car they may spend a good deal of money on, here is a quick and very brief run down of the pipe that protrudes from my intake manifold side charge piping.

This pipe houses my Tial 50mm BOV. This pipe was fabricated "because there was no other way to make the BOV fit within the engine bay". My fabricator for the pipes would not place the BOV under the vehicle, and proceeded to laugh when telling me there was only one place it could be installed. In my opinion, this pipe was a crude joke. Does not affect performance or function, just looks like pure and utter ***.

Thanks for your time, and don't forget to toss me an offer, or ask any other questions you may have!
Old 07-31-12, 10:17 PM
dengman
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I just read your long FB post about the other thread. Was just checking if it was on here. LOL.
Old 07-31-12, 10:36 PM
Irishsupra
Rookie

LOL no sir. That guy has been around for quite a while. Always has something to say about someone or their car. Used to sell a lot of parts on partstrader.com. Quite frankly, I'm sick of the SF mentality spilling out in to other forums. For sale ad's are there for a reason. We write what needs written, for a reason. To each their own on how they go about trying to sell a vehicle. But all be damned if I leave something out on a car that has seen as much wrench time and custom work as mine has.
Old 08-09-12, 10:37 AM
Irishsupra
Rookie

Bump-a-roni. Make me an offer guys! Need the car gone!
Old 08-14-12, 10:33 AM
Irishsupra
Rookie

Bump for update.

Quick Reply: FL 2002 Original 5spd IBP is300, NON vvt-I GTE swap, FS