Lexus Vehicles Classifieds Lexus Vehicles for sale by members, no dealers or vendor posts allowed. Only active members with >100 posts may post non-Lexus vehicles.

OR FS: 1992 SC300 PROJECT car

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-10, 01:41 PM
92SC300T
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS: 1992 SC300 PROJECT car

For Sale: 1992 Lexus SC300 A/T black

Please read carefully so that I can avoid a bunch of questions that can be answered from the post. I'm happy to answer any other questions.

I bought this SC from the original owner in 2005 in Los Angeles, CA for $7500. The car was in 99% stock, mint condition when I picked it up. This car is a PROJECT car now!!! I was daily driving it from the day I bought it untill the day that the power steering pump went out in August 2008. I parked the SC that day in my garage and COMPLETELY stripped the car to a rolling chassis to prep it for a full cage and seem-welding the unibody. I have all of the mechanical and suspension parts for the car (besides the power steering the car ran great).

Things I don't have:

INTERIOR... all of it (still have steering wheel without airbag)
headlights
highbeam lights
front bumper cover, lights
front fenders
rear bumper cover
quarter windows
inner door skins/sheet metal
axleshafts (taken apart so that the rear wheel bearings can still be held together so that the car can roll or be towed)

I work at Toyota as a service technician and the car has been very well taken care of. The motor has many new toyota oe parts including a brand new cooling fan (blade), timing belt (just done @ 160000 mi., serp. belt, water pump, front eng. seals, spark plugs, spark plug wires, fuel filter, misc. cooling hoses and clamps and all fluids changed "way too often" (that's what you get when you work on cars for a living) I have all receipts! Even if you don't put the car back together or make it a project of your own I know it would be a perfect part-out car (many brand new Toyota OE parts were installed months before I garaged her for good!) I don't have the time or money to put into this car anymore. I have a H22 civic eg6 (drag car), 1978 ford f150 (tow vehicle) and the payments on the wife's Lexus. I'm sad to see the SC go but I just don't have the money anymore to finish the build (never really started... other than the easy/free part!)

I will send pictures from my phone if interested. If we talk I can arrange sending higher quality pics later with a detailed list on everything included. There's just way too many things to list and take pictures of. I can't sit at home in front of the computer all day answering questions and sending pictures. Thanks

$1200 obo

*I will personally deliver the car anywhere in Oregon for no extra charge depending on sale price and even Washington (for gas money)... amount depends on sale price.

JAMES - 541 three zero six 1529
Old 09-30-10, 04:59 PM
ScottURnot
Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

moving thread to the correct forum.