Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

1st Exotic Lexus......New Lexus GT 450/500 (new scans/info)

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-06, 02:40 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
It should be the SC. Seriously, the current SC should become the LC, so that the real "sport coupe" can be the SC.
I have always seen the SC as a two door convertible version of the LS, so LC would be appropriate.

If the LF-A becomes the next SC (which would be as different as the transition from first gen to the second gen), I would not be suprised. Perhaps the LF-A will come in a convertible version as well, but then the LF-C concept is also a contender to replacing the current SC.

So, what does that "A" stand for?
Old 03-30-06, 04:34 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

The "A" could stand for alpha meaning the first order of importance, beginning or number one which Lexus will become. There's no stopping Lexus now.

Last edited by Trexus; 04-02-06 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-01-06, 11:27 AM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Faraaz23
I agree... the corvette blue devil or whatever they will end up calling it will probably out gun it considering the Z06 has 500hp alone. But the GT500 is a luxury gt coupe. I think it will be going head to head with Aston Martin AmV8 or DB9 depending on where Lexus prices this thing. The Aston gets the snot kicked out of it by the Blue Devil (most probable) and the Ford GT performance wise, but I'm sure they will still sell out their US production run because of the luxury, class, style, and exclusivity that comes along with owning a car with the clout of Aston Martin.

All I know is, if we see a new V10 NSX, there is going to be serious competition for the GT500 and Infiniti GTR. This is a great thing though, Japan is seriously getting back into sports cars!! More competition means the bar gets raised, and us consumers (the ones who'll have the $$$ at least) will benefit.
Amen.
Old 04-06-06, 03:52 PM
LexFather

Its coming ya'll, its coming
Old 04-06-06, 04:09 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Its coming ya'll, its coming
Hmm if Sick is reviving the thread with an "it's coming" statement after 5 days of silence, does that mean he just heard something from a "good" source?
Old 04-06-06, 08:20 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts
Default Latest LF-A Spy Photo's . . .

Three prominent air intakes are used to feed the V10 under the hood. Lexus says to expect around 500 hp. (Photo courtesy of KGP Photography)

A close look reveals new details in the light cluster of this LF-A prototype. (Photo courtesy of KGP Photography)

Not much changes at the rear of this prototype as it has the same unique exhaust configuration as the concept. (Photo courtesy of KGP Photography)
Not long after the debut of the LF-A, we caught footage of a prototype on Germany's Nürburgring test track. It was covered from nose to tail, with no clear signs of the production design underneath.

Our latest spy photos of a similar prototype on the same track reveal a few more details than before. Up front you can clearly see the detailing of the headlights. With their amber marker lights and single projector beam in the middle, the clusters are significantly different from those of the concept. Other revisions worth noting are the three large air intakes and F1-inspired front air dam.

In profile this LF-A prototype doesn't reveal much more than before. You can see the actual body panels this time around, but there's not much in the way of character lines other than a slightly swept-back B-pillar, yet another change to the concept. The flat shoulder panels and side air intakes look as though they'll make it through to production as well. In back, the center-mounted exhaust pipes remain along with the thin taillights and twin-tunnel diffuser.
Source : Spy Shots: 2008 Lexus LF-A and 2008 Nissan GT-R
Old 04-06-06, 09:30 PM
Sup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks like the headlights are going to be a verical design, kinda like the Enzo style. I would have prefered a sleek, sharp horizontal design though

looks like this rendition was pretty spot on

Old 04-06-06, 09:44 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

WOW....this is cool. Im liking what I see.
Old 04-06-06, 11:04 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Full-length video clip of the previous prototype anyone? (The previously posted clips are way shorter.)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43662691682345
Old 04-06-06, 11:06 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sup
looks like the headlights are going to be a verical design, kinda like the Enzo style. I would have prefered a sleek, sharp horizontal design though
Yeah, I like the horizontal headlights on the LF-A concept much better.
looks like this rendition was pretty spot on
That looks awkward.
Old 04-07-06, 03:33 AM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

even more pics, <bigger too> it lookslike the wing will be motorized

WorldCarFans
Old 04-07-06, 07:08 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

It should be the SC. Seriously, the current SC should become the LC, so that the real "sport coupe" can be the SC.
LC doesn't sound too good, & they are going to call the new production car the LF-H as suggested in the link in the above post ? I though the LF is name is just for concepts ?
Old 04-07-06, 07:08 AM
Sup
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Full-length video clip of the previous prototype anyone? (The previously posted clips are way shorter.)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...43662691682345

hehe, I actually uploaded this.

Yeah, I like the horizontal headlights on the LF-A concept much better.That looks awkward.

no kidding eh..what is Lexus thinking(I know what they're thinking, but still )
the rendition looks so awkward because the direction of the headlights clash with the direction of the of F1 nose.
horizontal lights would flow so much better with the nose and would make the car more aggressive. from the recent spy pics, the car looks like a sad Gonzo who is about to cry.
also, horizontal lights would continue the lineage that is seen in the current Lexus lineup.
Old 04-07-06, 07:18 AM
Koma

Awww crap those headlights don't look right...
Does this look more like a hatch to you guys? The rear windshield sweeps right into the trunk lid...
Old 04-07-06, 07:37 AM
LexFather

Look At Those Brakes!!!

Quick Reply: 1st Exotic Lexus......New Lexus GT 450/500 (new scans/info)