Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

1st Exotic Lexus......New Lexus GT 450/500 (new scans/info)

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-06, 12:55 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The production model of the LF-A and the Corvette Blue Devil, while may be both being performance oriented cars, will be quite different. The Lexus will be more of a botique car- along with Porsche's, Ferrari's, Maseratis, Lamborghini's, and the like. While the Corvette has plenty of performance to compete with these cars, there is a lot in the way of image and exclusivity that it will lack.
Old 03-25-06, 06:29 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a good point, the vette will not appeal to that crowd but at least the Corvette owner will never have to look at the rear end of those cars just the front end in the rear view mirror
Old 03-25-06, 08:15 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by magneto112
LEXUS WILL MAKE LF-A SUPERCAR
Reborn as 5.0-litre 500bhp GT500

Thursday 23rd March

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...ryId=13441.htm
Don't think I'll have enough money saved for that one in a couple years. Can't wait to see it. This is superb news.
Old 03-25-06, 10:17 PM
jimxo
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Attached Thumbnails 1st Exotic Lexus......New Lexus GT 450/500 (new scans/info)-c6z06.jpg  
Old 03-25-06, 11:03 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

The article stated that there will be a 5.0 liter V10 engine designated as the GT 500 and a V8 version which I think the article made a mistake by calling it the GT450. I believe if Lexus has a V8 version it will most likely be called the GT 460.
Old 03-26-06, 12:23 AM
93 LS4
Lead Lap

If I didn't love my SC and actually had enough extra cash kicking around, I would buy one.

For now the SC will have to do as my old school super car.
Old 03-29-06, 02:09 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts
Default ...

I got bored and decided to p-shop this thing...

Before

After - with a drop and some wheels..

Old 03-29-06, 08:33 PM
Faraaz23
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MPLexus301
The production model of the LF-A and the Corvette Blue Devil, while may be both being performance oriented cars, will be quite different. The Lexus will be more of a botique car- along with Porsche's, Ferrari's, Maseratis, Lamborghini's, and the like. While the Corvette has plenty of performance to compete with these cars, there is a lot in the way of image and exclusivity that it will lack.

I agree... the corvette blue devil or whatever they will end up calling it will probably out gun it considering the Z06 has 500hp alone. But the GT500 is a luxury gt coupe. I think it will be going head to head with Aston Martin AmV8 or DB9 depending on where Lexus prices this thing. The Aston gets the snot kicked out of it by the Blue Devil (most probable) and the Ford GT performance wise, but I'm sure they will still sell out their US production run because of the luxury, class, style, and exclusivity that comes along with owning a car with the clout of Aston Martin.

All I know is, if we see a new V10 NSX, there is going to be serious competition for the GT500 and Infiniti GTR. This is a great thing though, Japan is seriously getting back into sports cars!! More competition means the bar gets raised, and us consumers (the ones who'll have the $$$ at least) will benefit.
Old 03-30-06, 11:39 AM
LEXISM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Seize
I got bored and decided to p-shop this thing...

Before

After - with a drop and some wheels..

looks good
Old 03-30-06, 12:12 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

I was thinking about something today...I know that this car has been referred to by a lot of the press and many of us as the "Lexus GT" but...do you guys really think that they're going to use that name with this car? The whole "GT" name is so overused that I'd be surprised if they do use it. Plus, isn't GT 500 trademarked by Ford?
Old 03-30-06, 12:23 PM
Trexus

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

I was thinking about something today...I know that this car has been referred to by a lot of the press and many of us as the "Lexus GT" but...do you guys really think that they're going to use that name with this car? The whole "GT" name is so overused that I'd be surprised if they do use it. Plus, isn't GT 500 trademarked by Ford?
It's an unofficial designation. We don't know what the true model name will be. The prototype is called the LF-A which is on the U.S. and Japanese websites.

Looking at Lexus's pattern we can tell the model name will be a two letter followed by three digits designation. For sure if the car will have a 5.0 liter V10 engine it is safe to say the three digits after the the two letter designation will be 500, we just don't know what the two letters are going to be.

Last edited by Trexus; 03-30-06 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-30-06, 12:23 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

I agree. The GT thing is so overused it has become tiring and unimaginative. From Celica GT to Carrera GT, the name is now used everywhere (okay I know the Carrera GT is not exactly everywhere but still..).

They should break the mold for this halo car and give it an actual name that sounds exotic, although at this time I can't come up with a good suggestion of a name either.
Old 03-30-06, 01:14 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 58 Likes on 45 Posts

oh man...a Lexus car designated with a real name. How wierd but maybe cool would that be!!!
Old 03-30-06, 02:11 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If not GT, then what should it be?

We have the S (sedan or sport), C (coupe or convertible), and X (AWD or sorts).
Perhaps it should be RC for Racing Coupe, or LC for Luxury Coupe?

By the way, what is the "A" for LF-A for? They have the LF-S, LF-C, and LF-X as the sedan, coupe, and SUV, as per Lexus website.
Old 03-30-06, 02:25 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by PhilipMSPT
If not GT, then what should it be?

We have the S (sedan or sport), C (coupe or convertible), and X (AWD or sorts).
Perhaps it should be RC for Racing Coupe, or LC for Luxury Coupe?

By the way, what is the "A" for LF-A for? They have the LF-S, LF-C, and LF-X as the sedan, coupe, and SUV, as per Lexus website.
It should be the SC. Seriously, the current SC should become the LC, so that the real "sport coupe" can be the SC.

Quick Reply: 1st Exotic Lexus......New Lexus GT 450/500 (new scans/info)