Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

LF-S, LF-C, LF-A, LF-Sh, hybrids, V-10s, what a time to be here!

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-05, 10:11 PM
AgentWD-40
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lexus really is on a roll. I'm glad to see a V10 coming out. The larger displacement V8 is a step in the right direction and a V12 would really seal the deal. IMO with a V12 Lexus will have arrived.

IMO they are on a roll with their styling too. MB and BMW are getting lost in the woods after years of great styling, and Audi and Lexus are really upping their game in the styling department after being a bit lost.

Forget the hybrid stuff, give me a big displacement NA engine (V8, V10, V12) and that is what luxury really is. I guess I don't really buy the hybrid hype. I applaud them for doing it, but I cant see myself buying one any time soon.

The perfect car would be a short wheel base LS wtih a V12. Wow!
Old 10-20-05, 10:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i said it before, i will say it again

lexus is really on a roll and the next 2 to 3 yrs are going to be super exciting for them. if they execute well, they are going to be one very dangerous company for competitors, even bimmer and mb
Old 10-21-05, 05:22 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by rominl
i said it before, i will say it again

lexus is really on a roll and the next 2 to 3 yrs are going to be super exciting for them. if they execute well, they are going to be one very dangerous company for competitors, even bimmer and mb
Gotta make sure my $$$$$ is right to buy all these damn cars
Old 10-21-05, 10:20 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Gotta make sure my $$$$$ is right to buy all these damn cars
well, don't be surprised if you guys don't see me get anything for the next 2 yrs
Old 10-21-05, 11:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by genearch
I love my SC430, but quite honestly Lexus has not been a company to innovate in recent years

in·no·vate
v. in·no·vat·ed, in·no·vat·ing, in·no·vates
v. tr.
To begin or introduce (something new) for or as if for the first time.
v. intr.
To begin or introduce something new.

While Lexus is most excellent at taking an idea or concept and improving upon it, innovation has not been their strong suit.

On that list above, how many did Lexus introduce 1st? Oh.. and an AUX port for an iPod does not equal iPod integration

I would venture to say that BMW was one of the 1st with some form of factory iPod interface (true interface) but the new MB ML seems to be the most advanced of the current facroty offerings.
i agree with gene on this one actually. lexus has been pretty boring since 01, some new stuff but nothing gnd shaking, even with the sc430 i have to say.

me myself i am more about looking into the next 2 to 3 yrs with their new cars coming out. the new gs is ok, the new is gives it more juice, but i think the new ls is the key
Old 10-21-05, 12:22 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by genearch
I love my SC430, but quite honestly Lexus has not been a company to innovate in recent years

in·no·vate
v. in·no·vat·ed, in·no·vat·ing, in·no·vates
v. tr.
To begin or introduce (something new) for or as if for the first time.
v. intr.
To begin or introduce something new.

While Lexus is most excellent at taking an idea or concept and improving upon it, innovation has not been their strong suit.

On that list above, how many did Lexus introduce 1st? Oh.. and an AUX port for an iPod does not equal iPod integration

I would venture to say that BMW was one of the 1st with some form of factory iPod interface (true interface) but the new MB ML seems to be the most advanced of the current facroty offerings.
I agree. The only real innovation from Lexus among the features that 1SICKLEX listed is the VDIM. The rest are just imitations (though often enhanced versions) to what's already introduced by the other manufacturers.

That said, I really don't mind if they innovate a lot or not. As long as they "copy" the features properly and make sure that they work at all times I'll be a happy camper.
Old 04-04-06, 04:16 PM
LexFather

1st luxury SUV hybrid
1st luxury RWD hybrid
1st longitudially mounted CVT transmission
1st 8 speed automatic
1st V-8 hybrid

Off the top of my head
Old 04-04-06, 04:55 PM
ic144
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
I agree. The only real innovation from Lexus among the features that 1SICKLEX listed is the VDIM. The rest are just imitations (though often enhanced versions) to what's already introduced by the other manufacturers.

That said, I really don't mind if they innovate a lot or not. As long as they "copy" the features properly and make sure that they work at all times I'll be a happy camper.
I just hope that Lexus doesn't follow Mercedes-Benz and BMW and Audi with that iDrive feature.

I can't believe they actually expected us to drive performance cars with our eyes on a computer screen just to adjust the radio and A/C and navigation system.