Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

2007 LS rendition and information

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-05, 10:06 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thx for the large scan!!!! LexusFAN provided a thumbnail earlier, great to now have the full version too!

Front... Looks LF-S like, very nice!!! Also not too aggressive and sporty (GS/IS), rather assertive and aggressive but also 'flagship'

Side...OK . Looks like the 1st/2nd gen LS crossed with the 3rd gen LS, plus an ES or 5-series tail....back end the weakest. Also, the side sketch lacks details and refinement, not the same 'powerful silhouette' with character that the GS/IS have. More L-Finesse, please.

Back... looks like Hyundai Sonata. Bad looks, I'm not feeling the block square shape...worse than the 1st/2nd/3rd gen LS sedans by FAR. The squared-exhaust pipes (like Acura TL) look ok...not sure though.

I am also aware that some of you were very concerned with the pricing on the new LS sedan and I fully understand your worries since the new pricing would be much higher than the current Celsoir sedan. Unfortunately since I don’t have much time to explain you the details, I would be more than honor to discuss this issue in more detail on next week.
I was afraid of this...are we talking S-class prices here? MSRP of $70,000....hmmm Lexus is swinging for the fences here. Sadly for us 'luxe bargain hunters' (oxymoron), I think the brand can now command such a premium.
Old 10-06-05, 10:55 PM
Bercasio
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Let's keep in mind this is not the final product as of yet, and most importantly pictures do not do justice. When I 1st saw pics of the new GS and IS I was somewhat unsure of this L-Finesse design. Then attending the Lexus unvailing events for the GS and IS, I instantly grown to appreciate it's style. But the problem does remain that the aerodynamic style being applied by all auto makers are starting to amost look the same. Don't you people agree? We are starting to compare it to others more and more, and vice-versa. For the up and coming LS...well I hope it has a more unique flagship presence upon unvailing. Being a loyal owner of a Lexus LS400 not sure if this "L-Finesse" design is applicable for a flagship. More so for a mid-sedan luxury sports(like the GS), or compact perfomance(like the IS and SC) then yes it does work. But when it comes to "The Flagship" let us hope "L-Finesse" does not S#!T the bed! Either way this will be interesting!!!
Old 10-07-05, 02:05 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

I really like it
Old 10-07-05, 06:11 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Final Word

Too bland, not luxurious enough. Will blend with every other luxury car on the road. The '01-06 LS is bland enough as it is. Comparing it to the A8L, 7 Series, S-Class, it's just not as nice on the outside and doesn't command presence on the road like the others do. If this is the final design, then they really should have worked harder on this.
How about a fresh cup of ****.
1. How is not luxurious enough? Its a #)($()#0 spy pic for goodness sakes.
2. Who R u?
3. Most ALL cars blend it. This is the luxury segment, not the exotic segment. Why do some people want a LS looking like a Ferrari, I have no idea.
4. The 01-06 is bland, its also the best selling, and considered the best or one of the best in class. Looks like bland works bub.
5. THe LS does command precense, need I scan the EVO/CAR articles on it? The Europeans love it b/c it is slab sided with a huge grill. And RWD proportions.

You don't have to like it, but most of your comments= hte crap

LEXUS HAS PROMISED THE NEXT GEN LS WILL SHAKE THE GAME LIKE IN 1989!!

Nuff said. If your looking for some super-stylish car, the LS WILL NOT be it. They want to keep the same loyal buyers while reaching out to new ones.
Old 10-07-05, 08:28 AM
AgentWD-40
Driver

Is this the same image that was posted earlier? If so I'm liking it.

http://forums.autoweek.com/servlet/J...9683/Lexus.jpg
Old 10-07-05, 08:38 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Cool your horses everyone ... according to some on Edmunds forums, this is NOT the next LS.

Personally, I think this would be a step backwards, as to me it looks a bit worse than the current LS. It doesn't have the presence of the current LS.

This is just another photoshop ... just as none of the spy shots or renditions of the IS were really accurate, I feel this will be the case with the LS as well.

Apparently, the only accurate rendition of the LS was posted in the Edmunds forums ... I'll see if I can dig it up later.
Old 10-07-05, 09:12 AM
T0ked
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dunno, I like the side profile. Still has a very LS look/feel to it. I think the rear light treatment is bland but better than new GS. The front I don't really feel right now. The grill looks too raked making it look RL-ish. But the side profile points to a more vertical grill than the nose shot makes it look. Again, this is a spy photo, don't know if this will be the next LS.

Now, comparing to the S, 7, and A8... I don't think the A8 has a great design. It is too subtle and does not command presence on the road. The 7 i've never liked since the bangle redesign. The S still commands presence especially in AMG form which is why it is still the benchmark. All in all, don't think the LS is out of place. I don't buy the whole tuetonic presence blah blah blah. THe LS will fit in just fine.
Old 10-07-05, 10:17 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

umm.... no one said this is the final one yet, it could just well be another PS.... i am very surprised how everyone over-reacted to this.... let's drop it
Old 10-07-05, 10:57 AM
Final Word
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
How about a fresh cup of ****.
1. How is not luxurious enough? Its a #)($()#0 spy pic for goodness sakes.
2. Who R u?
3. Most ALL cars blend it. This is the luxury segment, not the exotic segment. Why do some people want a LS looking like a Ferrari, I have no idea.
4. The 01-06 is bland, its also the best selling, and considered the best or one of the best in class. Looks like bland works bub.
5. THe LS does command precense, need I scan the EVO/CAR articles on it? The Europeans love it b/c it is slab sided with a huge grill. And RWD proportions.

You don't have to like it, but most of your comments= hte crap

LEXUS HAS PROMISED THE NEXT GEN LS WILL SHAKE THE GAME LIKE IN 1989!!

Nuff said. If your looking for some super-stylish car, the LS WILL NOT be it. They want to keep the same loyal buyers while reaching out to new ones.
First of all, I am entitled to my "opinion" and nothing you will say is going to change that.
Secondly, I don't feel compared to the S-class, A8L, and 7 series that the current LS commands the same kind of presence on the road. It looks "ok" to my eyes, but more along the lines of a previous generation Avalon. It does not "look" like a 60k+ car to me. and it does not strike a "wow that's a nice car" chord with me. Now before you get all upset, let me inform you that I currently OWN a '99 LS400. I much prefer that styling over the current LS, as in my opinion it looks more like a flagship.

Thirdly, I said nothing about the next generation LS having to look like a Ferrari. I simply want it to look like a flagship worth 60-70k, not 35k, which if this is the new design, looks like (again, in my opinion).

Btw, I own two Lexus. a 99 LS400 and an '01 GS430. Your "hate crap" comment is a bit, ummm... yeah
Old 10-07-05, 11:04 AM
bmgs400
Lexus Champion

I'm imagining that lowered and Black...I like it...IMO.
Old 10-07-05, 11:22 AM
Bercasio
Pole Position

1SICKLEX and Final Word.....Lol!!!!!.....you guys are funny and great at the same time with respect of coarse. B/c you show so much care with what Toyota/Lexus has to offer now a days...awwww! But realize at the end of the day we all drive Lexus' one way or the other. So you guys want to keeper' goin' ....the Lexus train is about to depart so either get on or get out!
Here is a visual re-cap as to what has taken place in our most respected world of ClubLexus, it goes a little something like this.

......where is the CL Love???
Old 10-07-05, 11:57 AM
bruce van
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Believe it or not, I think the rear view of the car is the sexiest view. It kind of reminds me of the stance of the MB SL500.

The front and side profiles look great, but not "executive" or flagship luxury as the past LS's.
Maybe the front end needs to be more pronounced with a less sporty grill and design. I think the
original LS grille is still the best looking ever.

I actually got to drive an early 90's LS400 a couple days ago with over 190K miles. You can
really tell how well the car was put together. Not a single sqeak or rattle and the transmission
was so smooth for a car with that kind of mileage. Pretty amazing if you think about it.

The leather was all dried, cracked with a few big rips. You could tell the car has been used,
but the mechanics and workman ship really held up after all those years. Toyota engineers are
incredible...really.
Old 10-07-05, 12:07 PM
encore888
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I like the wide stance and proportions of the rear view, but the taillights are I also hope the Lexus title and 'LS 460' nameplate are kept at the top of the trunk lid area, not the more sporty lower area like the RX/IS/GS
Old 10-07-05, 12:11 PM
Lex_Fnatic
Lead Lap

I sure hope not

here are a few reasons

Old 10-07-05, 05:02 PM
yaro1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wasn't far off back in March...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=156530