Lexus Prototypes and Next-Gen Technology

Lexus LF-C sports coupe concept.

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-04, 12:10 AM
SharpLS-96
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Thumbs up Lexus LF-C sports coupe concept.

Not sure if this is a repost so here you go guys.

Quote--- "One of the most beautiful vehicles at the show is this Lexus LF-C sports coupe concept."
http://autos.msn.com/advice/article....c=MSN&GT1=3146

I got the following from another site.
"Lexus has had a significant impact on the concept of what a luxury car should be. It's raised the bar on customer service and taken the idea of quiet interiors to a new paradigm. But the automaker has also been faulted for its lack of consistent styling, and a tendency for many vehicles to look rather derivative. That's going to change, insisted General Manager Denny Clements, and to back up that point, Lexus used this year's New York show to unveil its LF-C concept vehicle. It is meant "to launch a completely different direction in styling for Lexus," said Clements, one that is sportier, more distinctive and ready to hit the road in the very new future. The LF-C will serve as a prototype of the next-generation IS series, Clements hinted, that will be longer, lower and wider. And unlike the current model, the next IS will be offered in a variety of body styles, making it easier to go up against segment leader, the BMW 3-Series. The sporty LF-C concept featured an intriguing hardtop roof design that could be set to four different positions, transforming the vehicle into a coupe, targa, speedster or full convertible. In production form, the LF-C features a high-output V-8 driving the 21-inch rear wheels through a sequential manual 6-speed transmission. It also sports an advanced, steer-by-wire system. "
Attached Thumbnails Lexus LF-C sports coupe concept.-lexus-lf-c-sports-coups-concept.jpg  

Last edited by SharpLS-96; 04-12-04 at 12:22 AM.
Old 04-12-04, 12:57 AM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I saw this beast at the NY Auto show this past Saturday, I'm very impressed with the styling and the interior...Truly sets the Lexus name to higher standards...

What I caught my eye was the 6 piston, 4 piston front and rear calipers...I'm a sucker for big brakes..
Old 04-12-04, 04:50 AM
Captain Bone
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Repost:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=116240

-Anthony