Sponsored by:

iPhone 6 bluetooth problems

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-14, 03:48 PM
ricnewman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone 6 bluetooth problems

With my new iPhone 6 using 8.1, I am able to pair it to my 2012 Lexus without issues. But each morning when I get in the car and the Bluetooth connection starts, the radio will not work. It appears that the iPhone is 'off hook'. When I get back in the car later in the day, things seem to work fine with the iPhone and the Radio. I have no idea why this would occur intermittently. Any ideas?
Old 11-08-14, 04:45 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Received 84 Likes on 60 Posts

Yes...ios8...... sucks. Sorry you'll have to wait on a fix from apple. I deal w all aftermarket radio manufacturers an they have issues too. So its no surprise that the oem units are having trouble too... i suggest using an earpiece til its sorted out (hopefully by ces in jan)
Old 11-08-14, 04:48 PM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

But u can try restarting the phone b4 u get into the car...it helps more often than not
Old 11-10-14, 02:28 PM
ricnewman
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for your suggestion. I wonder why the Lexus Mobile Link site says they have not tested the iPhone 6 for the Lexus? You would think that would be done fairly quickly.

Anyway I did turn the phone off and on a couple of times as you suggested. It seems to be working now as it used to work with my iPhone 5. Hopefully it will last.....
Old 11-16-14, 04:25 AM
Shibumi1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ricnewman
Thanks for your suggestion. I wonder why the Lexus Mobile Link site says they have not tested the iPhone 6 for the Lexus? You would think that would be done fairly quickly.

Anyway I did turn the phone off and on a couple of times as you suggested. It seems to be working now as it used to work with my iPhone 5. Hopefully it will last.....

Well if there aren't any solid positive results most sites/forums/reviews tend to wait for updates or solutions b4 posting. As not to incur the wrath of apple. Pioneer recently posted after the update to iOS8.1 75% of their iPhone compatible apps still didn't work. .. being a multi billion dollar company. THEY can withstand the abuse. But smaller companies can't afford to be blacklisted by apple... so they stay silent.

Example pioneer had an compatability issue with ios6.. (which lasted 7months) finally (on a monday) they received a fix for ios6 from apple...but to no avail... as that friday apple released ios7.... (which put EVERYONE back to square 1..) no func with the then current pioneer radios. Pioneer quickly jumped ship to support more android based formats (whilst apple sales dropped) now all of a sudden apple decides to play nice an are actively working w pioneer for a solution to ios8.1

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio
Old 11-16-14, 11:25 PM
rxonmymind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Shibumi1
Well if there aren't any solid positive results most sites/forums/reviews tend to wait for updates or solutions b4 posting. As not to incur the wrath of apple. Pioneer recently posted after the update to iOS8.1 75% of their iPhone compatible apps still didn't work. .. being a multi billion dollar company. THEY can withstand the abuse. But smaller companies can't afford to be blacklisted by apple... so they stay silent.

Example pioneer had an compatability issue with ios6.. (which lasted 7months) finally (on a monday) they received a fix for ios6 from apple...but to no avail... as that friday apple released ios7.... (which put EVERYONE back to square 1..) no func with the then current pioneer radios. Pioneer quickly jumped ship to support more android based formats (whilst apple sales dropped) now all of a sudden apple decides to play nice an are actively working w pioneer for a solution to ios8.1

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/AppRadio
Interesting. I'm curious how Kenwood & Alpine are taking this? I can imagine a "pivot" by these companies as you mentioned to Android open source is easier if there are compatibility issues. With Apple it would be a PIA as they are so secretive about their codes. Good for Pioneer for leading the charge.
Old 12-04-14, 12:54 PM
dmccombs
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an iphone 6+, and my Bluetooth reconnects pretty reliably. Precisely, I mean that the phone reconnects, and music via iTunes, spotify, etc. reconnect reliably.

But, the Lexus Enform app rarely reconnects. It is like it goes to sleep on the phone. If I listen to Pandora or Slacker through the enform app, I have to pull out the phone each time, and tap on the Lexus Enform app. Then it seems to wake up and connect.

I fell bad for Pandora and Slacker. I am about to stop my subscriptions with them because I am not going to screw with the Enform app everytime I get in the car.

My 2014 GX does let me navigate the iTunes functions on the GX screen (pick songs and radio stations). this is much better than messing with the phone while driving.

Its too bad the Enform app "goes to sleep". My other iphone apps don't do this (including iTunes and spotify), so I think the Enform app needs an update.

Its odd that Lexus sells these music features (Enform, iphone connectivity, etc), but doesn't take the time to make the work well. I thought Lexus was proud of the quality of their products. WTH???