Sponsored by:

change in factory sound system?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-03, 05:33 PM
blackbear56k
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change in factory sound system?

i was wondering if you guys could help me out will a quite common problem. im having problem and would like the change the cd changer in my 95 sc400. i would to keep the interior stock head unit. i recently contacted blitzsafe about the adaptor that offer to allow aftermarket changers to factory head units. they told me the only have it for 98 and up for our sc's. my question is there a difference between the 95 and 98 head unit, and if so what is the different that would'nt allow use to use the adaptor?
Old 02-17-03, 06:30 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

lexus made several changes to the sound systems. early in the 90's they used Nak, then went to pioneer, then in the newer models the head was changed again. anything could be hard wired, but as far as a direct plug in or adapter i dont see it happening. i need to research a bit on this, i havent cross referenced it before, but i do know there are differences.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 02-17-03 at 06:30 PM.
Old 02-17-03, 06:38 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I encountered a recent problem with my Nakamichi Amp. I'm attempting to rewire a new aftermarket amp to it with these following wiring hacks. Here is the hacking diagrams, I recently found out about this today, thanks to PerryinLA, so your in luck.

http://jtj.tocci.com/scpio.html
Old 02-17-03, 06:57 PM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default sc400 cd changer options.

the blitzsafe adaptor is only for the glovebox changers. the 12 disc matsu****a made changer in the sc does not have an aftermarket option. the first genertion lexus changers had serial communication and no other aftermarket changers can read it...............................................................................................all the first generation changers will work though. the fujitsu ten made gs 12 disc not any improvement. the cream of the crop is the 93 94 ls400 6 disc nakamichi system changer.this was the improved model of the es 300 trunk changer with jam free functioning. it was made by pioneer and a version still made today as a cdx-m30 6 disc. the lexus changer of course had the serial communication so todays cdx-m30 wonrt work.. the 7 series bmw still uses the exact changer but with bmw propietary electronics.................................................................................................. it is mounted vertically in the bmw which is exactly what would be needed in the sc400. since the 12 disc is top loading all the other lexus changers are front loading so cant ber mounted in the sc400 space due to no front claearance to open the door. but the vertical mount of the ls400 nak changer a sleek aluminum cased changer would due just right....................................................................................................... also almost all the 93 94 ls 400 nak system(pioneer made) changers are still working(going on 10 years and the fujitsu in dash 6 disc of lx470 and is300 dont even last a month) since it was the longest lasting highest quality changer pioneer ever made. the nak ls 400 bracket can be modified to use for vertical instalation. you drop from 12 discs to 6 but worth it with years of trouble free non jamming use in the last and best pioneer made trunk mount changer .
Old 02-17-03, 07:41 PM
blackbear56k
Driver School Candidate

Default plug and play

the plug and play cd changer adaptor for the sc400 98+ is confirmed and verified. i called blitzsafe directly in reguards to my 95 sc400. i'm wondering if there is a reason they wouldnt want to sell it for a 95 sc400 or is the setup between the 95 nak and 98+ nak system different in design. so my only concern is if the audio systems are different in terms of the head unit. if not then i will be all set with the adaptors they sell and will be able to buy a new aftermarket cd changer for my car. thanks for the response, keep the info flowing.

check out this link : lexus adaptors at blitzsafe
Old 02-17-03, 07:48 PM
blackbear56k
Driver School Candidate

Default plug and play

the plug and play cd changer adaptor for the sc400 98+ is confirmed and verified. i called blitzsafe directly in reguards to my 95 sc400. i'm wondering if there is a reason they wouldnt want to sell it for a 95 sc400 or is the setup between the 95 nak and 98+ nak system different in design. so my only concern is if the audio systems are different in terms of the head unit. if not then i will be all set with the adaptors they sell and will be able to buy a new aftermarket cd changer for my car. thanks for the response, keep the info flowing.

check out this link : lexus adaptors at blitzsafe
Old 02-18-03, 09:40 PM
SC300Es
Pole Position

Received 64 Likes on 45 Posts

I wonder if anyone has tried these interfaces. It would solve my problems too. Getting tired of listening to the radio. I would rather put a new CD changer than a refurbished one that cost a lot of money.

Ed