Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

SC400 Some speakers not working Oddly

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-13, 07:49 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SC400 Nakamichi Subwoofer Not working, Pioneer Amp??

my drivers side main speaker doesnt work, neither does the big subwoofer in the back.

typically I would assume they are blown or something, but they dont look blown, and for some reason the passenger side speaker takes about 30 seconds and then comes on for some reason.

I cant figure out why this would be? something needs the time to warm up? maybe the other speakers are being affected by this as well..
I have also noticed that when the car in accessory the speakers seem to barely work at all... unless thats the radio reception..

93 SC400 with the Nakamichi.

do the stock speakers have pioneer written on them? or did someone install these speakers very professionally?

Last edited by PseudoK; 03-21-13 at 09:21 PM.
Old 03-09-13, 04:11 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

ok after FINALLY getting that sub out, I hooked it up to my home theatre and it works... where in the world is the Nakamichi Sub Amp? I can not find it, and its not in that back panel near the subwoofer..
Old 03-21-13, 06:46 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

Can someone tell me what is this?

and what is this below the CD changer, does it control the CD changer?

and this plug off the same harness that the CD changer and that last Pioneer box are off, what does it go to

you know I keep searching and I REALLY cant find ANYTHING on the subwoofer and why it wouldnt be working, all I see is people REPLACING it, but I have hooked up and verified that the actual subwoofer WORKS, but doesnt work in the car....

I have also been looking everywhere in the car, nothing under the seats, near the gas tank, anything, those are the only things I can find right now

PLEASE HELP.
Old 03-31-13, 09:23 AM
Biddles
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hmm...I have a 92 SC 400 and your amp is different then mine...

I'm trying to replace everything in my car audio wise, but troubleshooting a few things myself. Not sure if I should grab a new double din deck first or get a new 5 channel amp.
Old 03-31-13, 05:04 PM
PseudoK
Pole Position

Uh I am not sure what you are doing, but just replace everything if you have the money, I just want my stock system working the way it should until I get the money up for replacement.

Another thing I have noticed from the beginning that I keep forgetting to ask about: My Volume button is touchy and sometimes wont even volume all the way down. it also will turn up for a second when trying to turn the system DOWN, is this a broken button or maybe the result of the wrong amp on my Nakamichi system