Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:
Old 12-15-14, 12:49 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Interior
Print Wikipost

How to fully integrate your smartphone in a Lexus: Mirror iPhone & Android screens

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-13, 09:54 PM
CJITTY

Received 149 Likes on 111 Posts

Updates!!!

Originally Posted by CJITTY

Updates! !

Gripes:

1. Cannot figure out how to run my Google Navigation or Waze apps while listening to FM or SAT from the factory head unit. It seems that the only way I can listen to audio and run the navigation apps is to play music from the phone. Once I hit the SAT button, I love the iViC screen and it defaults to my stock NAV. So, this was a major let down...I hope it is just a setting issue that I haven't come across yet.

Update 3/30/2013 - Won't be able to do as car headunit sees iVic as a source similar to CD Changer..but I have on accident somehow been able to use oem satellite while dispaying phone on ivic

2. My scrolling on the factory nav screen doesn't work quite like the phone...if I can get this bluetooth mouse to mimic how the new 2013 Lexus vehicles have, that would be a huge plus.

Update 3/30/2013 - used whitetooths idea of a BT mouse..works perfectly..

3. I wish that after I back up and the camera turns off that the iViC screen returns back without me having to hit the Disc/Aux button to toggle it again. It may also be a setting or programming issue.

Update 3/30/2013 - No fix but its ok

4. My Samsung MHL adapter has a weak connection..almost as if it does not go far enough into the phone usb port. So I am using a cheaper MHL adapter that has been working great.

Update 3/30/2013 - Amazon sold me a fake OEM Samsung MHL Adapter..I sent it back to Amazon for refund and bought a genuine adapter from Best Buy for $39 and it is 5x heavier and connection into phone is perfect..system operates flawlessly.
Old 03-30-13, 09:57 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by jaytido24
I really want to do the setup for the iPhone, but i had no idea id be spending so much money on it..does anyone have a youtube video or more pictures of the integration in a is250? I totally need this for long road trips back home.
There is a guy with a good video on you tube. He did an extensive write up on it as well in the IS forum. I also did a video yesterday and posted it for my LS600hL. You functionality will be the same in the IS for the most part.

Here is my video

Last edited by CJITTY; 03-30-13 at 10:01 PM.
Old 04-18-13, 07:54 PM
Macoyle
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So is there a way to have the iPhone maps running where you don't need a mouse? Like input the address and what not on the phone and just have it mirror the display on the nav screen?
Old 04-19-13, 02:21 PM
CJITTY

Originally Posted by Macoyle
So is there a way to have the iPhone maps running where you don't need a mouse? Like input the address and what not on the phone and just have it mirror the display on the nav screen?
Yeah, not sure why that wouldnt work...it works that way with my Android..or, you can get one of these mini bluetooth keyboards for the car like I did. For those times I am sitting around waiting and want to play around on my phone without holding it. The side touchpad works flawlessly too.

Amazon.com: QQ-Tech® Newest Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Handheld with Multi-Touchpad for Android 3.0 + Tablet / Mac OS / Windows OS Google Nexus 7 / Google Android TV / iPhone 4 4S 3GS 3G / iPad / Samsung Galaxy S S2 S3 / HTPC / PC (Bluetooth HID): Electronics Amazon.com: QQ-Tech® Newest Mini Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard Handheld with Multi-Touchpad for Android 3.0 + Tablet / Mac OS / Windows OS Google Nexus 7 / Google Android TV / iPhone 4 4S 3GS 3G / iPad / Samsung Galaxy S S2 S3 / HTPC / PC (Bluetooth HID): Electronics
Old 04-25-13, 03:04 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Macoyle
Yes, with HDMI connection you have the mirror function, with bluetooth mouse you have the touch/steering function, except iPhone as music player. There is a native iVIC support which allows to use the stock steering wheel and touch screen buttons for playing song/album/folder/files. With other words, the iVIC connects the car loudspeakers with the iPhone.
Old 05-06-13, 08:26 AM
jamodeo

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I noticed that your battery is never charging in any of the pictures. Does it not charge the battery while plugged in?

-Joe
Old 06-05-13, 06:19 PM
DC2408
Driver School Candidate

So cool, but the price tag on this isn't. lol
Old 06-17-13, 11:44 PM
BurnRubber
Driver School Candidate

Will this work in a 2007 gs with mark levinson? Also, will I lose the automatic function of the backup camera? I guess I can't find a reason that it won't work in my car but I'd hate to have to flip a switch everytime I want to back out of the garage.
Old 06-18-13, 09:00 AM
VaisTech
Club Lexus Vendor

Originally Posted by BurnRubber
Will this work in a 2007 gs with mark levinson? Also, will I lose the automatic function of the backup camera? I guess I can't find a reason that it won't work in my car but I'd hate to have to flip a switch everytime I want to back out of the garage.
No, you don't lose the back up camera when you use iVIC in your car..
Old 07-14-13, 06:04 AM
CJHYBRID
Driver School Candidate

Hi

Have just purchased a 2005 400h in the uk and am looking for a solution for my I phone5 with lightning connector.I have Itunes match and previously had a parrot 9200i which streamed bluetooth via my cars harmon kardon sound system.

Looking for best solution for my RX400h which is a se nav with bluetooth. Really want somehing that is fully compatable is realise there are some pretty complex technology on the 400h.

Advice/Comments would be appreciared.

Chris
Old 07-16-13, 12:54 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by CJHYBRID
Hi

Have just purchased a 2005 400h in the uk and am looking for a solution for my I phone5 with lightning connector.I have Itunes match and previously had a parrot 9200i which streamed bluetooth via my cars harmon kardon sound system.

Looking for best solution for my RX400h which is a se nav with bluetooth. Really want somehing that is fully compatable is realise there are some pretty complex technology on the 400h.

Advice/Comments would be appreciared.

Chris
Hi Chris,
the best solution for your 2005 RX400h is the Vaistech MultimediaLinQ (MML-L1). You can connect your iPhone and play music directly from your smartphone. No additional buttons are needed. All Lexus switches you find on the steering wheel, navigation screen or your radio can be used to select your favorite artist or album.

You can buy the Vaistech player in Europe (by email info@vaistech.de) or import from U.S.

As of model year 2007 the Lexus RX400h supports video playback. Unfortunately earlier models do not have this capability. However, this is no bad news as you will enjoy the crystal clear sound of the MML and not miss any other features. Video and Apps on the nav screen is a security risk if a driver is busy with such toys.
Old 07-17-13, 06:16 PM
chbow
Driver

Whitetooth - your posts are great, I'm thrilled to see someone did this, awesome! Would your setup work with an iPhone 4s?
Old 07-20-13, 01:56 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

Originally Posted by chbow
Whitetooth - your posts are great, I'm thrilled to see someone did this, awesome! Would your setup work with an iPhone 4s?
Thanks and yes, music playback works as of iOS4. Please visit the Vaistech channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/vaistech?feature=watch for more details.
Old 07-24-13, 11:02 AM
T.K.O.
Lexus Test Driver

Anyway to make this work with an iPhone 4 and an aftermarket Pioneer double din?
Old 10-07-13, 04:30 PM
whitetooth
Pole Position

With iVIC you now can see the Valentine One display on your nav screen:

Quick Reply: How to fully integrate your smartphone in a Lexus: Mirror iPhone & Android screens