Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

non chambered sub box question

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-02, 06:40 PM
BabaBooey
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Who gives a **** if you haven't heard of me. Two years ago I had never heard of Dan Wiggins, but that doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.

When an amp is clipped, it's voltage output is no longer an ideal sin wave, but more squared off (as if the peaks of the sin wave were clipped off, hence the term). The coils are moving, but they aren't moving as much as they would had the amp not been clipped. But during this time it's still recieving a high voltage input. That's why the voice coils aren't properly cooled during this time.

It seems that your rebuttle (sp?) served no purpose but to talk down to me rather than prove a point. Maybe all that time you've spent in the 12 volt business could have been better spent actually learning about it...
Old 12-09-02, 11:08 PM
DoubleWhoosh
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Uhhh when it's a square wave, the speaker isn't moving.

I think I know enough and don't need to prove it, if you want, why don't you give us your credentials so we would have some kind of reason to believe what you are saying.

Obviously MW and Tim don't agree with you either, you're outnumbered 3-1 here and they aren't stupid, they know what they are talking about.

All you've done here is to confuse Lvangundy beyond any reasonable means. This is why I had to post, normally I don't get involved in this stuff. I just can't stand idly by when you are misleading someone with incorrect information.

As MW said, get a bigger amp or amps. That is that.

Last edited by DoubleWhoosh; 12-09-02 at 11:11 PM.