Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Raammat, Dynamat, sound/vibration damping, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-02, 10:48 AM
CK1_RX3
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Salim, that's good advice all the way around.

For me, I don't know what I'm gonna do - my buddy is the head of service at my Lexus dealer, so I know it wouldn't be problem to have them fix it... they probably wouldn't bat an eye... Not sure if I feel right about having them do it for me though - I can get RAAMmat for like $79 bucks that I can install myself and take care of the problem - I actually enjoy this kind of stuff and wouldn't mind doing it myself to make sure it gets done right the first time... I dunno.
Old 11-07-02, 03:25 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

OK, i went to lexus yesterday.

The service dood told me they were going to bring the car into ASP. I asked them what is ASP going to do? He told me that THey will see what they can do about it. I then told him i have DYNOMAT at home and if they want they can use that and try to insulate the door so that would remove the rattles from happening. He thought for a bit and then he told me, its up to me... But Most likly that is what ASP going to do. Dynomat the 2 front doors which would prevent it from rattling. I was quite suprise to hear that. THEY ARE DYNOMATING MY FRONT DOORS TO REMOVE THE RATTLE! I asked the service guy is this under "warrenty" and he said not really. THey are just doing it because it is lexus service and its a problem that they cannot fix unless they go a step up and do this instead. At this point i was REALLY satisified with my Lexus service. Never would i had thought that they would do this. He told me later that most likly they would be using dynomat on the door and i asked why and he said well that is the best out there and it will stop the rattle.

So currently the cars with Lexus and should be at ASP now. I'll see how the outcome goes. I still cannot believe how good this service is now... earlier i thought... blah lexus doesn't treat me as good because i'm just a kid.... but now... i'm quite satisified that they are still doing what they have to do to get rid of the rattle.

He said its not really warrently work but kind of like a good will service thingy from lexus.

I will see how it goes and tell you guys the results later when i recieve my car back.
Old 11-07-02, 03:30 PM
bx167

spin did u ask how much it will cost for the installation? So, when I bring my car to Lexus of Serramonte, I can refer you to DEAN right?

Thanks man
Old 11-12-02, 04:24 PM
spinteews
Lexus Test Driver

update... sigh when they brought my car into ASP they fixed my tint also because it was a bit bubble on driver side. Then lexus told me that ASP said putting dynomat in the door would not fix the problem... So they did not even try. I was kinda dissapointed at that. But lexus told me they have the car back and will try 1 more thing. So i guess i'll leave it to them and see what they can do.
Old 11-12-02, 04:45 PM
bx167

Spin, please keep us update.

I'm really interested to know the outcome.