Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Finally getting my Bit One Processor...

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-12, 06:32 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Finally getting my Bit One Processor...

Installation should take place the first week of April. I bought my CT200 SE in January and this bad boy has been on backorder since the first of February. Wanted an 8 channel processor to run my 3 way Hertz Mille components .... 2 for the tweets, 2 for the mids, 2 for the midwoofers, 1 for the center channel, and 1 for the subwoofer. Not sure about what will happen with the center channel....stock speaker may have to be replaced or even eliminated.

The only changes I will make to the stock look of the car will be very minor:
1. The tweeter covers on the A Pillars will be changed out.
2. I will have to mount the Controller for the Bit One (debating between under the steering column, under the driver's seat, or probably in the center console out of sight).
3. The amps will go under the cover over the spare tire. The spare tire will be coming out if I can fit my Hertz Mille Sub in there with both amps.

Not sure about the subwoofer yet but I sure hate to not use the Mille sub if I can fit in the car without compromising any additional storage space.

I am extremely jacked up waiting to get this done.
Old 04-04-12, 06:30 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Finally my installation is in process and hopefully will be completed tomorrow night. I will be running the Hertz Mille tweeters, midranges, and midwoofers in the stock locations and the Hertz Mille sub will be in the spare tire well. My installer was still debating on where to locate the amps depending on if we use 2 or 3 amps. The Bit One Processor and at least one amp will be on the backside of the cover (built by the installer) of the spare tire well. The Bit One Controller will be located in the sunglasses holder.

I am very happy that I will not be losing any storage space and there will be no visual signs of any modifications in the interior to any passenger (i.e. the wife). I do lose a sunglass holder and a spare tire but I am ok with those small inconveniences. A flat tire will be a p.i.t.a. but not something I am can't deal with to have my sound system the way I want it.
Old 04-10-12, 06:02 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

It took almost a week to finish and tune all of the presets on the Bit One but all I can say is that I am completely blown away by the results. The front stage is amazing. My installer was concerned about only using the 300 watts to power the sub (due to space constraints the sub, processor and 2 amps are mounted in the spare tire location) but for some reason the sub sounds and feels like it has 1,000 watts running it. It hits much harder than it did in my GS and only has half the power....go figure.

The only visual sign of any changes are if I pull up the cover for the spare tire (actually the carpet over the board holding the processor and amps is a slightly different color but it is covered anyway by the rubber trunk cover) or if I open the sunglasses holder to change settings on the Controller for the Bit One Processor.

Another words it passes the wife test. I used one of the Bit One's 4 presets to basically turn the sub to about 5% power and adjust the components to play on low volumes and still sound great for those like my wife that don't want to really hear anything. The 2nd preset was used to set the time alignment for me riding by myself. The 3rd preset was used without time alignment. I haven't used the 4th preset yet and may still change the others after I have listened to it for a few hours.

This Bit One processor was expensive but was worth every penny to not have to buy another head unit and still maintain all of my steering wheel audio controls and not compromise the navigation. But when you add in the difference it makes in controlling the sound with all of the digital inputs/outputs it has made me one happy camper. Both my installer and I were very suprised at how effective this system is with only the OEM head unit.....he actually thinks I could compete with this system. Not interested in that but I am thrilled with the results.

Last edited by OutlawTita; 04-10-12 at 06:05 AM.