Sponsored by:

2012 CT200h Amplifier power?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-12, 05:36 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2012 CT200h Amplifier power?

I have the Premium Audio amplifier and all I have been able to find out about it is that it is a DSP integrated 8 channel Class D amplifier. Does anyone know how much power this thing puts out?

I have some Hertz ML components I want to put in but I am pretty sure I will have to put in a couple of amps and a processor to get anything out of them and still keep the integrity of the navi system and head unit.

I don't know how to find any information on the technical specifications of the OEM amp.
Old 02-08-12, 08:04 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

Well the verdict is in......not enough power to run these components. It looks like I will be adding a couple of amps (going to mount them above the spare tire upside down so that it will still look stock) and will have to add an Audison Bit One processor to run the show. Also plan to add the Hertz ML 700 mids to ML280 tweets and ML 1600 woofers that I already have and set it up for the woofers to handle my lack of subwoofer.....unless that little stock sub can be heard in conjunction with the Hertz components. Worst part is that I will have to wait another couple of weeks to get time for the installation.
Old 02-08-12, 01:27 PM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Verdict in 3 hours?

Wow you were quick

Have you checked out Toyota's Technical Information System?
You'll need to subscribe but a $15 2-day subscription can be very useful - at the very least to get a peace of mind that you've correct information.
When I bought my 2010 HS, there's was no information available anywhere and I had no other option.
I'd suspect that a Premium in HS is very similar to Premium in CT - 10 speakers with a 6 channel proprietary amp. You can't take the factory amp out - I've tried this. You can't even change radio channel if you disconnect that. The only option available is to use the speaker out from the factory amp and use a signal summing device - but then you lose the ability to fade from front to back from your head unit.

Please see this post to find the details on 2010 HS.

I've JBL MS-8, (although waiting for resintallation) - it puts out 18W RMS/channel on 4 ohm speakers and 30W RMS on 2 ohm speakers. (I do have JBL 6508C components already installed on all 4 doors). Center channel is a problem though.
Old 02-09-12, 05:42 AM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

When I went to pick up my car from my installer we decided that I would get the processor and replace the front mids, front doors, and the tweeters with my Hertz Mille speakers and ditch the center channel speaker in the dash and the rear door speakers. I will also replace the sub with whatever I can fit properly in that enclosure (don't need a sub too terribly bad with the music I play since I can run these woofers down pretty low.....as long as they don't rattle my doors and mirrors too much). I will probably lose a MPG from having these doors weighted down with sound deadener....lol! Best of all I may be able to get this completed before the end of next week.

I will be running 150W RMS per speaker since this will be an active setup. Adding these mids should make this the best sounding system I have ever had......it won't bother me in the least cruising around at a snail's pace getting 40 MPG with a concert stage on my dashboard.
Old 02-09-12, 12:05 PM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Active System

Active system sounds very interesting. Please report back and post pictures if possible.
Looking forward to hearing more on this.
Old 02-09-12, 12:22 PM
OutlawTita
Intermediate

I ran an active system with these same ML280 tweeters, ML1600 woofers, and the ML2500 subwoofer in my GS400 up until two months ago and my installer said this new setup would be a night and day upgrade over my GS......which I was absolutely thrilled with for 2 years.

He believes adding the mids and processor will make a really big difference....I am counting on it. I will try to get him to take some pictures along the way during the installation because it will still look 100% stock when finished except for the difference in the grill covers for the tweeters.