Sponsored by:

CT200h Audio Replacement Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-11, 10:30 PM
CTDriver
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CT200h Audio Replacement Suggestions

Just picked up a CT200h as a daily driver and only got the standard stereo which is kinda flat. Anyone have some suggestions for some cost efficient mods?
Old 02-29-12, 03:06 PM
Pamsboy
Driver School Candidate

Default Kenwood installation

Originally Posted by CTDriver
Just picked up a CT200h as a daily driver and only got the standard stereo which is kinda flat. Anyone have some suggestions for some cost efficient mods?
Well I also got the touring model and was not impressed with the audio. So here's what I did for just over $1,000.00. Bought the Kenwood dx6980n with the CMOS200 back-up camera. Able to use the existing microphone in the roof console, the existing USB connector and the steering wheel controls. Here are some pictures of the result and I am very pleased. And yes I by-passed the DVD lock so that my passengers can watch a DVD as we drive along. The back-up camera image is far better than that small rear-view mirror image that Lexus provide for a lot more money. The GPS by Garmin is also far superior to Lexus's version and the bluetooth cell connection is great and is also controlled by the exisiting steering wheel buttons.
Attached Thumbnails CT200h Audio Replacement Suggestions-kenwood-1.jpg   CT200h Audio Replacement Suggestions-kenwood-2.jpg   CT200h Audio Replacement Suggestions-kenwood-3.jpg   CT200h Audio Replacement Suggestions-kenwood-4.jpg   CT200h Audio Replacement Suggestions-kenwood-5.jpg  

Last edited by Pamsboy; 02-29-12 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Description
Old 02-29-12, 04:40 PM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pams.............. Love your integration but the install is not the best. Please tell me you didn't pay for that!!! While it works and all, the fitment on the left side is horrific! HIt up a local professional and get that wrapped up!
Old 03-01-12, 10:22 AM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Flat Audio

Originally Posted by CTDriver
When I bought my HS250h in 2010, I felt the same - the sounds quality was worse than my previous Camry with JBL system.
After a lot of pains, I've come to realize -
1. Speakers were horrible.
2. The amp is good - not the best though. (but Lexus bills this as Premium audio - not sure what is there in non-Premium audio)
Please search for my name and you'll find posts with my findings and experience. I think the system in CT should not be very different.
In brief, I pulled a lot of information from Toyota's Technical Information System portal (a $15 2-day subscription). It gave me all diagrams, speaker sizes and locations.
I replaced all 4 door speakers (not the ones in dash - complicated - some day in future ) with JBL components. The quality is highly acceptable (I use Harman Kardon systems at home).

If you search for posts by orateam, you should be able to find full how to do also (but for HS, but I don't think CT would be very different)

Good Luck.
Old 03-05-12, 06:41 AM
Pamsboy
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mkorsu
Pams.............. Love your integration but the install is not the best. Please tell me you didn't pay for that!!! While it works and all, the fitment on the left side is horrific! HIt up a local professional and get that wrapped up!
Hi Mkorsu:
No. The $1,000 went on the unit and camera. But I did have a dilemma regarding the curved console and I didn't want to cut the leather side panel as shown in the following:
(also included a picture). I could return it to original anytime without having to buy parts destroyed in the mounting. So I mounted it above the side edge as you can see and frankly the photographs don't do it justice. When sat in the passenger seat it looks fine. I should take a picture for you from the right-side. Anyway it's far worth it rather than cutting the side like that.
Attached Thumbnails CT200h Audio Replacement Suggestions-dx6980n-in-ct200h.png