DICE solution overview for iPod, streaming, etc

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-11, 12:42 PM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DICE solution overview for iPod, streaming, etc

Batman,

I love the VaisTech platform and think it is so damn cool for those guys who want audio/video.....i.e, passing the cassic iPod screeen to the Navi screen........ But, for a simple audio solution (with good Text coming across the factory Nav Screen) I do believe that there are some very Viable options.

Lexus owners please know that I cannot speak for other Manufacturers but Dice has iPod integration available for Lexus Models but our Sound Quality is awesome. Yes, Awesome!!! I have a Toyota, I have Dice Media Bridge(Same unit used for Lexus), and my system Rocks. I have a 6 Speaker 1500 Watt Factory System in my car and I use our Media Bridge Product via A2DP Audio Streaming from my HTC EVO and I rock the neighborhood. I go to dealers daily and show my system off and get ooh's and ahhs constatly. I also recieve calls from extatic customers soely calling to thank me for giving them such an awesome soluion.

In short I just don't think that the only solution is VaisTech.....yes I will admit the integration is awesome, but for those who want to spend a less, Have full Text Display, who want Blutooth and A2DP Wireless Audio Streaming, Sat, an additional Aux Port, a kit they can install easily themselves if they choose (plug and play), a firmare updateable piece that will be in their car for as long as they own it, USB connectivity, and very importanty working with an Authorized Apple Partner who has to submit any and all product to Apple and get run through a Gauntlet before product can ship our Media Bridge is definatley a piece that has proven itself to be a VIABLE solution.

We also have our standard Lexus integration kit the Silverline DUO, which gives standard iPod integration with Sat........same as Media Bridge but no Bluetooth and no USB, just a mini USB for firmmware uptates.

So all my Lexus people please know VaisTech is not your only solution....if you are an audio purest as am I, Dice just may be your best solution.
Old 02-24-11, 01:39 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

^ What Toyota comes with a 6 speaker 1,500 watt factory sound system?

Last edited by brociouz; 02-24-11 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-25-11, 09:42 AM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

Default Scion XA 2006

My Scion,

Which is a toyota, as is lexus, had the option available. I picked it up. Sounds great.
Old 02-25-11, 10:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

scion xa had a factory 1500w option? i just looked at the current xb, tc, xd, they all have 300w system?
Old 02-25-11, 05:11 PM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

Default Scion System Mistake in Wattage, Typo Error

My Apologies.....I have a Six Speaker 150 (I hit an extra 0) Watt Speaker System With a Tube amp in the rear and the system sounds great. Here is the link http://www.edmunds.com/scion/xa/2006...tyle=100570405 on the option. The last thing I want to do is misrepresent my Company or my intentions. Although pointing out a misnomer might be thrilling to some the bottom line here to this post is that there is a great iPod/Smartphone integration solution available by Dice for factory Lexus systems. I hope I can help those who need help, and to those that feel it their responsibilit to pick out misnomers I am happy to oblige. We all make mistakes, and I did by hitting 0 twice. I am a customer service representative at Dice Electronics and I have access to a team of technicians and a team of engineers. If anyone has questions that are posed and actually have something to do with iPod integration you are well taken care of. And, for the many Dice useres I have had the pleasure speaking to directly or via e-mail due this forum I thank you for all your business and your support.
Old 02-25-11, 05:52 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jay230now
My Apologies.....I have a Six Speaker 150 (I hit an extra 0) Watt Speaker System With a Tube amp in the rear and the system sounds great. Here is the link http://www.edmunds.com/scion/xa/2006...tyle=100570405 on the option. The last thing I want to do is misrepresent my Company or my intentions. Although pointing out a misnomer might be thrilling to some the bottom line here to this post is that there is a great iPod/Smartphone integration solution available by Dice for factory Lexus systems. I hope I can help those who need help, and to those that feel it their responsibilit to pick out misnomers I am happy to oblige. We all make mistakes, and I did by hitting 0 twice. I am a customer service representative at Dice Electronics and I have access to a team of technicians and a team of engineers. If anyone has questions that are posed and actually have something to do with iPod integration you are well taken care of. And, for the many Dice useres I have had the pleasure speaking to directly or via e-mail due this forum I thank you for all your business and your support.
I wasn't trying to light you up bud - I was just surprised that a 1,500 watt system would come as a factory option on ANY car, so just thought I'd ask. The Mark Levinson premium audio in the 2IS only has 300 watts, so 1,500 out of 6 speakers seemed a little wild.

The DICE Media Bridge seems like a great solution, especially that Bluetooth integration feature since it will allow '06-'09 2IS's in particular to add that feature, which comes stock in the '10+ cars with 6th gen nav.
Old 02-25-11, 05:57 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

you really need to chill. brociouz and i were just confused and curious. actually that's what made me check because i was curious. no one is trying to pick on you
Old 02-27-11, 11:52 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I looked into DICE as an option for my BMW but too many owners were complaining of constant dropouts in the signal. I ended up doing a solid hardwire through the AUX MacGyver style.
Old 02-28-11, 09:22 AM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

Default "It's all good"

Just trying to throw out some love to all and felt like I was being "lit up" my bad.........just a regular dude here trying to do my thing. I like to help. Dice has some killer stuff...I work with it every day. We have had our growing pains, but as a whole I get some really good input.

The BMW thing is kinda weird....BMW is "our thing", that is kinda of a know in the integration biz from what I have heard???? .....I have only been here a couple years and don't know all the history. All I know is of the product now and my personal experiences, which have all been pretty good. I have worked for Manufacturers all my life and the guys here really have something here. CES was huge for us.

My Bad and I am chillin like a villain. Just wanted to get Dice back on the map as a viable solution....want to help...my buddy has a lexus, we did a video on it with the Media Bridge which came out great....been waiting for my guys to get this to me, when I get it out I think all will enjoy.
Old 09-12-11, 08:43 PM
tmv22
Driver

DUO sounds great. for about a week!

product is awful on my Lexus GS 350 2007. in mp3 mode, no text display on my Navigational unit. to make matters worse, it would stop working after a week. BUT after disconnecting the car battery, plug it back it... then i can listen to ipod output again. im getting tired of disconnecting car battery now!
i shoulda kept my Vaistech.
Old 09-16-11, 09:36 AM
akash3230
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tmv22

product is awful on my Lexus GS 350 2007. in mp3 mode, no text display on my Navigational unit. to make matters worse, it would stop working after a week. BUT after disconnecting the car battery, plug it back it... then i can listen to ipod output again. im getting tired of disconnecting car battery now!
i was having the same problem. i called the company up because i had them send me a new unit because my unit would stop working. and when i got the new one the same thing happend. so i called them back up. and i actually got someone smart on the phone who knew what they where doing. in the end all i had to do was update the unit and it should be working like magic.
Old 09-16-11, 08:03 PM
tmv22
Driver

akash, my firmware was 4709 in july and that didnt work out. it is now the latest 4877.

what is your dip switch setting? on my 2007 GS with nav, i've tried them all, up up, down down, up down, and now down up. im also using ipod touch 3G.
Old 09-16-11, 09:05 PM
akash3230
Driver School Candidate

i will have to check the dip switch setting. but i use my iphone 4 and my ipod classic. i will let you know what the setting is on the dip switch.
Old 09-19-11, 10:51 AM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

If you call Dice @ 888-342-3999 X 115 or send an emails to jr@diceelectronics.com you will be good to go. I will get you to an appropriate person for support.

J
Old 09-19-11, 10:54 AM
jay230now
Driver School Candidate

Smile

Originally Posted by tmv22

That sucks man, I am sure the kit will work if you give us the time and patience to address the issue. Most likely firmware.....we work with so many cars that sometimes firmware issues arise and need be addressed and then implemented by the user. I do apoligize you fit into this category...call me @ 888-342-3999 X 115 and I will get yo uto a great tech guy.

Also, will you please let us know and post up when the kit does strat working, with the bad comes the good

Thanks,

-J

Quick Reply: DICE solution overview for iPod, streaming, etc