Sponsored by:

Turn Signal Flasher

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-10, 06:51 AM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Turn Signal Flasher

How can I increase the sound of the Turn Signal Flasher on my GX 460 ??

It is embarrassing to realize that I have been driving for miles with the turn signals blinking.

~ Cap
Old 03-07-14, 11:46 PM
Capirato
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Capirato
How can I increase the sound of the Turn Signal Flasher on my GX 460 ??

It is embarrassing to realize that I have been driving for miles with the turn signals blinking.

~ Cap
Wondering if anyone has a solution.

~ Cap
Old 03-09-14, 11:15 AM
Kansas
Lead Lap

Received 252 Likes on 199 Posts

The first question I would ask is: Why are your turn signals not cancelling automatically after you turn a corner? Is there a defect that could be fixed?

Are you clicking the turn signal stalk all the way into "turn mode" when only changing lanes? If you are, try using the lane change mode where you press the turn signal stalk just enough to signal but without clicking it into turn mode.

Or if you can't get used to doing that --> hood mounted turn signals! https://www.google.com/search?q=hood...d+turn+signals

... the kind U.S. car makers used back in the 1960's and 1970's. They "stare back" at the driver and are about impossible to miss. I'm only half kidding. Most people adjust to modern turn signal flashers that make no sound. Or do what many drivers do and stop using turn signals entirely! ;-)

Seriously, it wouldn't be all that difficult to rig up some sort of extra louder "turn signal-on alarm" or an extra flashing light on top of the dash without messing with the flasher at all. Most vehicles made by Toyota have easily accessible wires under the dash leading to the outside turn signals. You could attach your extra turn signal alarm or indicator light to those wires. I added turn signal mirror covers to my wife's Prius wagon last year and fender mounted turn signals to a previous Lexus LS so I know that this kind of mod can be done.

If you don't want to tackle a project like this, I would think that a car audio shop could do it.

Last edited by Kansas; 03-09-14 at 11:19 AM.
Old 03-10-14, 05:27 AM
Billisme
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do the turn signals not blink on the instrument panel? I figured that would catch your eye...something blinking on the dash.
Old 03-23-14, 11:57 AM
BigDog1011
Driver School Candidate

Default signal flasher sound volume

I ended up purchasing a product from tunealarm.com. They basically take an oem flasher unit and add a buzzer/beep module to the oem unit. It works great for me (ES300). The only downside is that it does not have a volume control. To turn down the volume you need to put some type of cover over the speaker. It's pretty loud, loud enough to notice when I haven't turned off my turn signal on the tollway and car audio is cranked. If you you're not playing music and have no cover over the speaker it's pretty obnoxious.

To install, pull out the old flasher and plug in the new flasher.

Steve
Old 03-27-14, 07:06 AM
Billisme
Driver

www.turnalarm.com is the website. not sure I would spend $20+ for a flasher with a buzzer but if it works for you then that's cool.
Old 03-27-14, 07:44 AM
Carista
Former Sponsor

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Guys, try Carista for Android - it can change Lexus Personalized Settings, including the turn signal clicker volume... only for models that support that setting, of course. Don't know if yours does. But in any case, it's free to try it if you have an ELM327 bluetooth adapter (which costs about $10 on amazon/ebay/etc.). You only have to pay for the app itself ($9.99) if you want to change a setting; it's free to see what settings are available on your car and what their current values are.

The cool thing about it is that you can change factory/dealer settings, no need to make physical modifications to your car. Plus, you can do full diagnostics on all ECUs in the car and reset warning lights. Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!