Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

How difficult would it be to install headrest monitors??

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-02, 12:10 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post How difficult would it be to install headrest monitors??

How hard is it to install headrest monitors? I'm thinking of taking on this task myself. Any suggestions? What is the max size I could put in the rear headrests of the SC400?
Old 05-04-02, 12:35 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

I would not take on a project like this.... I've heard good Audio shops say that it's a ***** to install monitors in the headrest. To make it completely straight and center and to wrap the leather tight to make it clean looking takes a lot of labor. Also, if you mess up, to replace a headrest will cost you big $$$. Let the work be done by the pro's......unless of course, you are an audio pro. As for the monitor size, I wouldn't go any larger than 6.5".
Old 05-04-02, 06:37 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

how much does it normally cost per headrest? i was thinking of re-doing the leather at a car seat place. what do you think? that way i can install it, and they re-install a whole new set of leather around the tv. yes or no?
Old 05-05-02, 10:29 AM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by do-luck sc
how much does it normally cost per headrest? i was thinking of re-doing the leather at a car seat place. what do you think? that way i can install it, and they re-install a whole new set of leather around the tv. yes or no?
Usually to re-wrap the headrest will run about $150-$300 ea. It all depends on where you go. Your idea sounds good but just make sure this place you go to does quality work. TV's in the headrest are a focal point and if you have a crappy leather re-wrap job, it will ruin the look. Good luck..