Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Status of video on navi?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-01, 10:18 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

one important question: will I be able to keep my NAV system?!? Some people said that it's no good without keeping the stock NAV.
Old 04-04-01, 05:37 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question

Any updates on the vidoe Nav. Please let us know
when you might think it will be ready.
Old 04-07-01, 09:59 AM
LS007
Lead Lap

Of my three designs (Original, Deluxe and GEX) I'm still working on the GEX design. GEX has the most features, but there is one last engineer issue to overcome for on-screen display (OSD). The channel numbers and video input labeling + setup screen do not show on the navi display. I know the problem and working on resolution. Should know results next week.

I'd sure like one Lexus navi owner to contact me to test, report problems and take pictures of a Video On My Navi kit installed in a Lexus. I'd send you a original kit and you pay me after it's installed and working. Normal price is $220 + shipping, but a tester will pay less.

Old 04-08-01, 11:13 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

How difficult is the install? Does it involve splicing wires or it a plug-in piece.

I have a 2001 GS430 with Nav/Mark Lev and I'd be willing to try it out so long as there isn't any serious installation involved...just in case the system burns out or something, I can take it back to Lexus and claim warranty on it
Old 04-08-01, 11:21 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

Hey VideoNav.

If you want, I will test it on my GS and give you pics. of the outcome. Let me know if everything works like the issues you mention before so I can test them as well.

e-mail: slgs4@yahoo.com
Old 04-14-01, 06:17 PM
HKSpowerGS4
Driver

I was wondering if there has been any progress on this lately. Also are you still looking for someone to test and give feedback?

Will
Old 04-24-01, 11:03 AM
ARIST
Rookie

Default any progress?

Hi, how is this project going?
Old 04-24-01, 09:14 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

The sync signals where just too difficult to generate for the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV to be 100% compatible and easy to install with the navi display. The only way this is ever going to work is if a vertical and horizontal signal are tapped into the LCD display unit and brought out to the Pioneer GEX-P7000TV. Not a easy install!

On the other hand Pioneer Electronics makes other RGB units that don't require the sync signals and will probably work with the navi display unit. It's just a matter of testing one of these on a Lexus navi display.

VideoNavi
Old 04-24-01, 09:34 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

sorry to hear that it's gettin harder but thanks alot for workin so hard on these! We all appreciate! keep it up!
Old 04-24-01, 09:49 PM
y2kgs
Pole Position

VideoNav.

Are you saying that if we replace the stock Nav screen with one from Pioneer. Everything will work fine with no problems? If thats the case, what happens to the stock radio and Nav system. Will it work with the new Pioneer screen. I would love to replace my stock Nav screen for a bigger display.
Let me know if you need anything.

Old 04-24-01, 11:05 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by y2kgs
VideoNav.

Are you saying that if we replace the stock Nav screen with one from Pioneer. Everything will work fine with no problems? If thats the case, what happens to the stock radio and Nav system. Will it work with the new Pioneer screen. I would love to replace my stock Nav screen for a bigger display.
Let me know if you need anything.

Most likely no. The pioneer screen isn't touchscreen. it'll also be really hard if not impossible to incorporate the AC and NAV and etc.
Old 04-28-01, 05:41 PM
HKSpowerGS4
Driver

VideoNavi,

Could you email me at jza8shwoff@aol.com or HKSpowerGS4@aol.com. I have some questions about the current status or limits that exist now. I would like to offer what I can to aid in it or to see if i can utilize the current capabilities/operations that you have now. Thanks in advance.

Sincerely,

Willie
Old 04-28-01, 08:34 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

I'm not saying to ever replace your navi screen with a Pioneer screen. That would defeat the whole purpose of video on your navi, because you could simply go buy a full in-dash system. Besides it wouldn't mount perfect and look stock.

What I'm saying is there are two possible ways to get this working.

1. Use a less full featured video decoder that will only convert a composite video signal to your navigation display. I've already done these for Honda/Acura owners.

2. Wait until I figure out the sync signal requirements to get on-screen channel displays & video labels using Pioneer Electronics GEX-P7000TV. This will require a lexus owner to open up the navi display unit and help identify the LCD controller chip (probably made by Sharp Electronics). Anybody willing to look inside and provide me chip number?

Thanks,
VideoNavi
Old 04-28-01, 08:37 PM
LS007
Lead Lap

To get the older decodering tested in a Lexus, I'd be willing to work with a Lexus Navi owner in the greater Seattle, Washington area on installing one (labor free!).

VideoNavi
Old 05-15-01, 05:16 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

any news on the work so far?

Quick Reply: Status of video on navi?