Lexus Audio, Video, Security & Electronics
Sponsored by:

Audio gurus! Mark Levinson amps: Can they work with other HUs?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-08, 09:25 AM
Mako
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audio gurus! Mark Levinson amps: Can they work with other HUs?

Hello all,

We are doing a project that I hope the audio aces here can shed some light on. We are looking to do a project that involves a 2008 Scion head unit (Pioneer) mated to a Mark Levinson amp. Aside from the natural "WTH?" responses, go with me here and let me know your suggestions and input in terms of getting a setup that lets the Scion HU work with the ML amp. Custom harness? If so, what companies? Etc etc.

Thank you in advance!
Old 05-01-08, 04:03 PM
Percy
Moderator - Electronics Forum

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mako
Hello all,

We are doing a project that I hope the audio aces here can shed some light on. We are looking to do a project that involves a 2008 Scion head unit (Pioneer) mated to a Mark Levinson amp. Aside from the natural "WTH?" responses, go with me here and let me know your suggestions and input in terms of getting a setup that lets the Scion HU work with the ML amp. Custom harness? If so, what companies? Etc etc.

Thank you in advance!
IMO, not worth the time and effort in this project. An aftermarket amp will actually be more reliable and has better parts internally. Don't let the ML hype fool you. Do a search on ML AMP - I took one apart that was donated to me some time ago. Jerry (Engin_ear) and a few others took a look at it and it was made using the cheapest possible parts while hyping the MARK LEVINSON name. A "best buy/circuit city" special would be of higher quality than the parts they were using in the Mark Levinson.

Go completely aftermarket. That will get you the best bang for the buck and will avoid paying the high markup prices of factory gear.
Old 05-04-08, 08:29 AM
Mako
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow.

Thanks Percy!