Sponsored by:

Middle of the night crazy idea

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-06, 10:47 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Middle of the night crazy idea

After a rough night last night, i woke up in the middle of the night and thought, my cellphone is very quiet and can never hear it in my car due to loud music. I have a no slip pad in the center console but still hard to see the phone light up

Heres my idea. Create some kind of device that catches cellphone frequencies so when you get a messege or a call, some kind of LED or bright light starts flashing.

What do you think of this million dollar idea, can it work?
Old 09-23-06, 11:49 AM
UberNoob
Lexus Fanatic

there are cell phone antennas that light up when u get a call

that is if ur cell has an external antenna
Old 09-23-06, 12:36 PM
GS3Tek

Received 164 Likes on 125 Posts

I agree with you. It was nice when I saw it lit up when I didn't hear my phone rang.

Actually they had something like that. It was those see-through helicopter that lit when you had an incoming call. I had it when I had a nokia 5xxx series (about 3 years ago) with cingular. I think it worked with certain phone/carrier, not sure
I'll see if I can find that helicopter
Old 09-23-06, 01:27 PM
krazykanuk
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Xeeeeeem
After a rough night last night, i woke up in the middle of the night and thought, my cellphone is very quiet and can never hear it in my car due to loud music. I have a no slip pad in the center console but still hard to see the phone light up

Heres my idea. Create some kind of device that catches cellphone frequencies so when you get a messege or a call, some kind of LED or bright light starts flashing.

What do you think of this million dollar idea, can it work?
They already have something like this where the pen starts flashing when your cell phone gets an incoming call. Its a good idea though. I frequently miss calls due to music.
Old 09-23-06, 01:53 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

My phone does not have an external antenna. And the light up batteries drain your battery. They are quite abnoxious.

Putting a little LED bulb by the mid console vents would surely get my attention. Anyone???
Old 09-24-06, 11:24 AM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

My buddy is an electrician and i what he told me was if my phone has an led light or any kind of light...a light with an output, he could tap into the circuit and have a plug in a headphone jack to the external led light which would cause it to flash with an incoming call or messege....i hope this makes sense to you like it kinda did to me

Unfortunately i don't have a separate light so i can't do it. Just thought i'd throw that out for you guys
Old 09-24-06, 01:42 PM
AJ
Lexus Champion

There is this lil sticker that you put on your phone and it lights up really bright when detecting incoming calls.
Old 09-24-06, 02:17 PM
AZ-GS300
Lead Lap

Simplest solution is to mount it somewhere in your line of site. There are several ways you can mount a cell phone. Velcro might be the simplest and easiest to remove in the future. But there are a ton of cell phone holders available almost anywhere. Or, a lot of cell phone companies make hands free kits that you wire into your car. A lot of those will have a cell phone mute option for most aftermarket stereos.
Old 09-24-06, 07:02 PM
88supramki
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it's a motorola, enable funlights.....problem solved
Old 09-24-06, 10:11 PM
VinnyQH
Lead Lap

there are things out there that can do that, check ebay, like phone holders, only problem with them is that you have to have GSM technology, (cdma won't work as well for some reason) and everytime it "searches" for a signal it will light up even though there is no call coming. i'm also sure you're local ricer store will have the "broadway" rear view attach mirror that has a light up thing in it.