Install of V1, vaistech, sirius - advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-05, 08:58 AM
SGT
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by OMLooper
GILLEXUS,

I had my installation done yesterday at a local A/V store recommended by my Lexus dealer.

They installed and mounted my Sirius Sportster (power tap, antenna placement, floor mounting), Valentine1 (power tap, cable run), and the Vais AIC-100i (harness connection, cable run, system test).

Initially they tried installing behind the clock but also found there was no room. I believe they wound up installing it behind or slightly to the side of the glove box. They then ran the iPod cable to the lower storage area of the center console. A perfect location since you don't need to see the iPod while using it with the Vais system.

And, as far as functionality, the AIC-100i works as advertised with a couple of quirks.

1) On initial connection of iPod to cable, the Lexus head unit thinks that playlist 1 is the first song stored on my iPod rather than actually playlist 1. Once I go to playlist 2, 3 or whatever and THEN go back to playlist 1, it then recognizes it as playlist 1.

2) At one point the AIC-100i did not recognize the iPod at all. The Vais logo on the iPod was flashing and the Lexus audio portion of the Nav screen was only showing 1 playlist and was not playing anything on the iPod. Panic was setting in. Knowing that at times the iPod integration with iTunes can be a bit flaky I decided to do a hard boot on the iPod; held down Menu and center button at same time for >5 seconds. After completing hard boot of iPod and reconnecting, everything worked fine.

I'll report more if anything happens but as for now, it's pretty freaking cool.

Bill
Care to share the name of the A/V store that did the installation and how much they charged you?