Sponsored by:

adding xtra cd changer to GS430

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-05, 05:05 AM
HKS_GS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default adding xtra cd changer to GS430

is it possible to add another 6 disk changer to the GS to make it 12 disc alltogether
Old 05-29-05, 10:21 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

yes you can hook up 2 factory changers. the disc button will toggle from one cd changer to the other. i have a factory 6 disc cd changer and a factory 6 disc dvd cd changer hooked to the same cd changer port on a gs430 navigation head unit and it goes from 1 input to the other. so you dont have to wear out the dvd changer playing cds and save it for playing dvd movies on the nav screen. i have pictures if you want to see how the nav screen looks. email.me at egusman@woh.rr.com.. my pictures too big for this forum ................................................................................. even if you had the regular non nav gs radio it will toggle between 2 cd changers. since you dont have to install the second one in the glovebox i even have a pioneer modified 12 disc cd changer. that has factory avc lan system so its picked up on the head unit. you could have 18 cds loaded. with the 6 in the glovebox and the 12 disc under the seat. . since it doesnt fit in the glovebox without cutting a bigger hole in the cd changewr bezel hole for the 12 disc magazine i never offered the 12 disc for sale.
Old 05-29-05, 10:28 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

hers an attachment showing the lexus factory dvd cd changer on the gs430 headunit screen. the cd changer port carries the sound and device info to the headunit. the tv picture wiiring plugs directly into the screen. into the screen. on the next push of the disc button the cd changer screen will appear.
Attached Thumbnails adding xtra cd changer to GS430-lexus-navigatrion-wirth-factory-cd-dvd-changer-098.jpg  
Old 06-06-05, 08:37 PM
iDunno2k3
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If i buy one of those OEM lexus dvd changers, is there any special wiring that i need to wire or is everything prewired including the power and video and everything else.

In other words, if buy a oem lexus dvd changer, everything is just there and you can just plug in the changer.

Also, when you play dvd's, is it in stereo? or if you have the mark levinson system, does it take advantage of the center channel and plays dvd in 5.1 surround sound?

Thanks!
Old 06-07-05, 05:32 AM
lexusaudio
Lead Lap

there are 2 plugs on the lexus dvd changer harness . the 6 pin plugs into the ntsc port of the screen and the 12 pin plugs into the cd changer port with a lexus y connector .when keying up the disc button it will toggle from the glovebox cd changer to the dvd cd changer so yes it gives full mark levinsin sound for the dvd movies playing on the front screen not low fidelity fm modulated sound like after market players.
Attached Thumbnails adding xtra cd changer to GS430-lexus-navigation-system-2001-051.jpg  
Old 09-01-14, 02:17 PM
ligurt
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default is200 6 pins

Originally Posted by lexusaudio
there are 2 plugs on the lexus dvd changer harness . the 6 pin plugs into the ntsc port of the screen and the 12 pin plugs into the cd changer port with a lexus y connector .when keying up the disc button it will toggle from the glovebox cd changer to the dvd cd changer so yes it gives full mark levinsin sound for the dvd movies playing on the front screen not low fidelity fm modulated sound like after market players.
Hi, I have a 2002 is200. it has a 6 pins port unused on the nav unit and a 10 pins port to the back side of the tilting monitor. There's also a free plug to the back of the radio. Do you thinfk it could work with a dvd changer?
Thank you
Pietro