LC Model (2018-present)

2019 changes

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-18, 09:13 AM
missedapex
Rookie

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Among the changes for the 2019 LC 500 is a revised shift program for the 10-speed Direct-Shift automatic transmission. The updated programming is designed to provide smoother shifts at part throttle while still offering more forceful gear changes at wider throttle openings.

If this is just a softening of the part throttle shifts, then ok. However, if this update increase the full throttle shifts to be harder than the ones we have, that is a bit disappointing.

Updates to the Adaptive Variable Suspension include new bushings on the damper rods and a switch to independent rebound and compression orifices. Both changes allow for an expanded range of damping force for enhanced overall comfort.

Again, if this is just to increase the 'comfort' side of the equation, then its a great add. However, if this update improves handling or road feel with spirited driving then its unfortunate that our models will lack these dual adjustable shocks.

To improve steering feel, the assist levels have been altered along with stiffer steering box bushings, a more robust aluminum steering support mounting at the instrument panel and revised Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) tuning.

The altered boost levels for the steering assist make sense. I'm a bit worried about the stiffer bushings and stronger mounts may indicate a less than optimal design with ours.

I'm all for progress in newer model years but I get a bit concerned when items are 'updated' so quickly and seem to be addressing design concerns/issues.
Old 09-26-18, 10:19 AM
reposado2
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by missedapex
Among the changes for the 2019 LC 500 is a revised shift program for the 10-speed Direct-Shift automatic transmission. The updated programming is designed to provide smoother shifts at part throttle while still offering more forceful gear changes at wider throttle openings.

If this is just a softening of the part throttle shifts, then ok. However, if this update increase the full throttle shifts to be harder than the ones we have, that is a bit disappointing.

Updates to the Adaptive Variable Suspension include new bushings on the damper rods and a switch to independent rebound and compression orifices. Both changes allow for an expanded range of damping force for enhanced overall comfort.

Again, if this is just to increase the 'comfort' side of the equation, then its a great add. However, if this update improves handling or road feel with spirited driving then its unfortunate that our models will lack these dual adjustable shocks.

To improve steering feel, the assist levels have been altered along with stiffer steering box bushings, a more robust aluminum steering support mounting at the instrument panel and revised Variable Gear Ratio Steering (VGRS) tuning.

The altered boost levels for the steering assist make sense. I'm a bit worried about the stiffer bushings and stronger mounts may indicate a less than optimal design with ours.

I'm all for progress in newer model years but I get a bit concerned when items are 'updated' so quickly and seem to be addressing design concerns/issues.
The LC is a 1st gen brand new model so its not too surprising to have some things that needed to be patched. I am a bit surprised they added Carplay so fast considering they wont even have it on some of their best sellers like the 2019 RX/NX.