LC Model (2018-present)

Lc f!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-18, 06:26 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Another perspective: https://jalopnik.com/the-lexus-lc-50...-to-1827630804

Last edited by uchujin; 08-07-18 at 03:45 AM.
Old 08-07-18, 01:54 PM
theman
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

shoot, I'll go with an even simpler perspective... an LC-F trim with changes to make the car massively more performance oriented without incurring thousands in extra costs would be as simple as changing the rear end gear ratio, and putting wider front wheels and tires on. Boom, done. 0-60 times would drop to around 3.9 and the car would be even more neutral for folks wanting to hit the track once in a while. Ride, Handling, interior sound levels, and comfort would all remain unchanged, and the top couple of overdrive gears would still make the highway cruising the same, all while making the car exponentially more sport oriented.
Old 08-07-18, 03:25 PM
walkedu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by theman
shoot, I'll go with an even simpler perspective... an LC-F trim with changes to make the car massively more performance oriented without incurring thousands in extra costs would be as simple as changing the rear end gear ratio, and putting wider front wheels and tires on. Boom, done. 0-60 times would drop to around 3.9 and the car would be even more neutral for folks wanting to hit the track once in a while. Ride, Handling, interior sound levels, and comfort would all remain unchanged, and the top couple of overdrive gears would still make the highway cruising the same, all while making the car exponentially more sport oriented.
I was thinking the same thing.. Probably a FSport model. IMO if it is the LCF and priced at anything above 150k I would make the assumption that most people would be very hard pressed buying one. At that price point a lot more opens up, Lexus would be one of the last brands I would be looking at.
Old 08-09-18, 08:58 AM
theman
Pole Position

I don't know about that... the LC is already comparable to stuff about doubling it's price range, and frankly the quality is above many of those luxury brands. If the LCF closes the very little performance gap margins between it and the stuff currently $50-100k more than it is now, that would make it one list topper for sure in those shopping that market.

the LC in person has almost Aston levels of good-lookingness... hopefully that is realized in more markets for Lexus to keep going with it...
Old 08-09-18, 09:52 AM
walkedu
Driver

So you are telling me that there are no other cars in the 200k range that you would rather have than a LCF?

Hypothetically just say it say a shade over 600hp but weighs over 4k lbs even with weight reduction. Im pretty sure the interior will be almost the same as the LC500 minus upgraded seats and miniscule things. The car will probably be a high or mid 11 sec car as performance goes IMO. There are so many other cars out there that are better at being a sports car for that price range... and lets be real here the LCF will be geared as a sports car none of this oh its a GT car BS.

Dont get me wrong, I love my LC for the price point... But as I stated before if the LCF is anything between 150k-200k it would be the last thing I would be looking at.
Old 08-09-18, 12:38 PM
05RollaXRS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2,421 Likes on 1,743 Posts

You are making an assumption it will be $200K. My prediction is, it will be no higher than $130K - $140K. It is not a bespoke car that needs a lot of ground-up engineering for Lexus to justify a $200K cost.

Originally Posted by walkedu
So you are telling me that there are no other cars in the 200k range that you would rather have than a LCF?

Hypothetically just say it say a shade over 600hp but weighs over 4k lbs even with weight reduction. Im pretty sure the interior will be almost the same as the LC500 minus upgraded seats and miniscule things. The car will probably be a high or mid 11 sec car as performance goes IMO. There are so many other cars out there that are better at being a sports car for that price range... and lets be real here the LCF will be geared as a sports car none of this oh its a GT car BS.

Dont get me wrong, I love my LC for the price point... But as I stated before if the LCF is anything between 150k-200k it would be the last thing I would be looking at.
Old 08-09-18, 01:47 PM
walkedu
Driver

I was thinking the same thing.. Probably a FSport model. IMO if it is the LCF and priced at anything above 150k I would make the assumption that most people would be very hard pressed buying one. At that price point a lot more opens up, Lexus would be one of the last brands I would be looking at.
Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
You are making an assumption it will be $200K. My prediction is, it will be no higher than $130K - $140K. It is not a bespoke car that needs a lot of ground-up engineering for Lexus to justify a $200K cost.
Quoting my original post so there is no lost in translation here, which clearly there is.

My original quote was also quoted on a target cost being over 150k+ mark.

Im stating IF the car is over 150k it wouldnt be a car I will be looking at, nor would the majority of other buyers in that price range would be.

Last edited by walkedu; 08-09-18 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-09-18, 05:53 PM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 145 Likes on 98 Posts

Nice rendering...

Old 08-10-18, 10:52 AM
theman
Pole Position

Quoting my original post so there is no lost in translation here, which clearly there is.

My original quote was also quoted on a target cost being over 150k+ mark.

Im stating IF the car is over 150k it wouldnt be a car I will be looking at, nor would the majority of other buyers in that price range would be.
I get what you're saying walked... I'm saying yes, if I was shopping for this level/price of car, the only other contender that's gets me going in this scenario is the Aston db11 v8. I don't desire any other supreme luxury GT car, as these two are what I narrowed things down to, if attainable. And frankly the current LC500 compares very well to the current db11 v8, so definitely the improvements brought by an F would push it over the comparo to edge out the db11 for sure in my book.
My desires may not be everyone's though, as I just recently was cross shopping 2009 DB9 against the 2015-2016 RCF for similar $$, and the RCF ended up in my garage after thoroughly going over both options. I still believe those DB9s to me the most beautiful cars ever produced... and if I had the disposable funds, would probably still go for a clean manual DB9 to sit right alongside an LCF if they come to be, and still come in around the budget of the db11 depending on the final Lexus' pricing.
And that rendering in the post above, done in a different color, just sways that choice even more.

Last edited by theman; 08-10-18 at 10:53 AM. Reason: becuase
Old 08-10-18, 11:34 AM
walkedu
Driver

Originally Posted by theman
I get what you're saying walked... I'm saying yes, if I was shopping for this level/price of car, the only other contender that's gets me going in this scenario is the Aston db11 v8. I don't desire any other supreme luxury GT car, as these two are what I narrowed things down to, if attainable. And frankly the current LC500 compares very well to the current db11 v8, so definitely the improvements brought by an F would push it over the comparo to edge out the db11 for sure in my book.
My desires may not be everyone's though, as I just recently was cross shopping 2009 DB9 against the 2015-2016 RCF for similar $$, and the RCF ended up in my garage after thoroughly going over both options. I still believe those DB9s to me the most beautiful cars ever produced... and if I had the disposable funds, would probably still go for a clean manual DB9 to sit right alongside an LCF if they come to be, and still come in around the budget of the db11 depending on the final Lexus' pricing.
And that rendering in the post above, done in a different color, just sways that choice even more.
I understand where you are coming from, it was just an apples to apples comparison. At 150k a lot is opened up the AMG GTS, V10 R8, F type SVR, 911 GTS, new M8? List goes on and on. I do agree with you though if the car is around 125k-130k with the specs stated in some articles then it would be worth picking up.

Big reason why I bought my LC500 other than the exterior styling was the interior. For the price I got my LC500 the interior is one of the best if not the best esp in the 100k-150k range. But thats what Lexus in my eyes is known for, value / reliability. I remember when the RFC came out Lexus was pushing the "value" category hard when comparing it with its competitors.
Old 08-10-18, 07:09 PM
SUNLINE
Pit Crew

Received 45 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
I'm not against the LC-F it would be great if it came out the same time as the current model LC500s last year. I would have had a choice and not be stuck taking a $25-$40K depreciation hit on a lower end model that is under powered. More importantly it takes away the exclusivity that the LC500 has right now if a higher horsepower and better performing model is released in such a short time of the previous model. I'm not sure why anyone here has not grasped this yet. Like I stated look what happened to all those McLaren owners who bought the MP4 12-C when it came out. These owners dropped $300K and the 12C's prices plummeted by $100K+ within a year when the 650S came out. You can buy a used 12C for like $130K now or less. $170K hit is serious. Same will happen with the LC500 if an LC-F comes out in the next 1-2 years. Guaranteed!
You are in the wrong league ace. Think BMW M series, think Mercedes AMG series. Most buyers are not on this forum and could give two shiiits about an LCF that is coming out. This is NOT McLaren.......
Old 08-11-18, 09:00 AM
Kev99sv
Pit Crew

Received 96 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by SUNLINE

You are in the wrong league ace. Think BMW M series, think Mercedes AMG series. Most buyers are not on this forum and could give two shiiits about an LCF that is coming out. This is NOT McLaren.......
I would buy an LCF and look forward to it, even if more than $150k. Buying an LCF is same reason as buying an LFA. Plenty more cars you can have with more performance and more exotic looking but just something about it makes it special. In addition, the Lexus buying experience and service is almost unparalleled. I say almost because Ferrari of Houston is just as good.
The following users liked this post:
Zeitaku (08-11-18)
Old 08-11-18, 11:13 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RollaXRS
The Inspiration and limited Edition LC500's are starting at $110K and the performance packages are still bringing in over $100K. I just don't see a twin turbo version for a $130K that's just wishful thinking. $159K-$200K if and when this unicorn appears on a showroom floor maybe even north of $200K. You're not paying for performance, you're paying for quality and reliability with a Lexus.
Old 08-11-18, 11:30 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SUNLINE

Own an LC and on a Lexus forum I think I'm in the right league LOL. Yet you've posted your comment on a thread topic about an anticipated LC-F that has 4 pages and growing. I could probably find another 3-5 threads regarding this LC-F hype on this forum as well that have many pages filled with speculations, spy shots, rumors and a vast amount of general opinions. I'm willing to bet that a lot of buyers are on here and if they didn't care, why would they waste their precious moments typing and sharing their opinions publicly about a non-existent car speculated to be made?

Old 08-13-18, 12:25 PM
theman
Pole Position

I understand where you are coming from, it was just an apples to apples comparison. At 150k a lot is opened up the AMG GTS, V10 R8, F type SVR, 911 GTS, new M8? List goes on and on. I do agree with you though if the car is around 125k-130k with the specs stated in some articles then it would be worth picking up.

Big reason why I bought my LC500 other than the exterior styling was the interior. For the price I got my LC500 the interior is one of the best if not the best esp in the 100k-150k range. But thats what Lexus in my eyes is known for, value / reliability. I remember when the RFC came out Lexus was pushing the "value" category hard when comparing it with its competitors.
I totally see your angle... and I've looked at most those options. Ruled out many, or put at bottom of list...
Drove a couple R8s, liked them enough, and the RWDR8 makes it a better contender along with the v10 doing port&DI to correct audi's biggest mechanic faults of its lower models. While I like it as a whole, the overhang at the nose end bothers me a touch. Might as well go full lambo...
911 GT anything I like a bit too, but really hard for me to go any newer than the pre DI motor versions, so I'd be going used for one of those.
AMG GTS is cool, but almost looks too squatty for me, and I didn't think that was possible(and with same powertrain I'd rather have the Aston wrapper anyway)
Nothing BMW has excited me since that last E93 M3 I already had through my garage, and If I had room I'd probably hold onto an E90-92-93 stick for the long haul, but the RCF is filling that itch nicely enough for now. That E90-93 M3 was the most reliable car with a pinnacle motor bmw had (save a bottom end bearings swap out) once they went DI everything else...

Quick Reply: Lc f!