LC Model (2018-present)

How to choose lexus's LED lights?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-18, 12:34 AM
xiaodi2018
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How to choose lexus's LED lights?

How to choose lexus's LED lights?
1. Check the specific parameters of the lights
2.The important thing for 2.led lights is brightness, light type, color temperature, heat dissipation
3. Brightness, determined by the lamp beads, good lamp beads ensure light efficiency, high lumens, and brightness will be good, so the quality of the lamp beads is also very important. Everybody has relatively recognized brands such as Philips and Corey.
4. Light type, simply refers to the angle and shape of the car headlights. A good light type divides the bright and dark areas to help identify the road conditions on the right, and it does not shine on the eyes of the driver of the bus.
This is determined by the overall design of the lights. The specific effect is to test the lights.

5. Color temperature is a physical quantity used in illumination optics to define the color of a light source. It refers to the change of color experienced by the human eye in different energy, and refers to the color of the light. This is directly visible from the parameter box.
The more bluish light color, the higher the color temperature; the lower the color temperature, the more reddish it is.
3000K yellow light, strong penetration;
4300K ??white with yellow, light penetrating power balance;
5000K light white, the highest color temperature of European regulations;
6000K light white, slightly blue;
The 7000K white is markedly blue;
More than 8000K blue light.
Therefore, the LED headlight with a color temperature between 4300K-6000K is suitable, so that both the brightness and the penetrating power are taken into consideration. It can not only meet the needs of nighttime lighting, but also do not need to worry about the penetrating power of rain and fog weather.

6. Heat dissipation, the heat dissipation of the headlights determines the life of the headlights.
After the LED light source is turned on, about 35% of the electrical energy is converted into light energy, and the rest is converted into heat energy.
There are mainly two kinds of heat dissipation methods for LED headlights in the market: passive heat dissipation and active heat dissipation.
Passive heat dissipation is now the dominant form of copper braid heat dissipation and aluminum body heat dissipation.
Insufficient volume may result in insufficient cooling speed.
i use novsight led headlight,Stability and completeness are also OK.
Old 06-25-18, 11:18 AM
uchujin
Advanced

Received 146 Likes on 98 Posts

^ Not sure what the point of this is(?). The LC already has fantastic LED headlights, as well as LED-exterior everything... blinkers (and they're all amber as they should be), tail lights, and brake lights. And let's not forget the cool side-cornering LED beams. Perhaps this was just meant to be a general education on LED lighting(?). If anyone is interested in more about this topic, read about Intelligent Headlight Technology (BMW), Multi-Beam LED (Mercedes), or Matrix LED (Audi)... all technologies that allow a computer to control which light beams are active - to light the horizon without blinding other drivers. I'm somewhat surprised that Lexus hasn't included LED array system technology to (at least) their flagship models yet.
Old 06-25-18, 11:56 AM
DRGibbons
Advanced

Received 469 Likes on 251 Posts

I found this very useful in choosing my replacement sun visor vanity lights.

That is the only incandescent bulbs I found in my LC. Good job Lexus.