LC Model (2018-present)

Wrapping/Ceramic coating your LC - opinions?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-18, 06:46 AM
dagsmcd
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wrapping/Ceramic coating your LC - opinions?

Curious as to what forum members have done and any advice. I have read countless articles and forums on this and it seems to come down to (1) full car wrap versus (2) full front (including rockers) and some type of 9H ceramic product on the rest (with a lighter ceramic product on the film). My options where I live are Xpel or 3m Pro - both seem to be the same to me and I have found well regarded, approved installers for both.

Both options seem to run in the 5K range (at least here in the Northeast). Mine is going to be driven year round, and 85% highway, so leaning to the full wrap but am interested to hear what others decided and how happy they are with the decision.

Many thanks.
Old 06-20-18, 09:16 AM
AeroTect
Former Sponsor

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Don't know about your road conditions, but if you are more concerned with protecting against paint damage such as chips etc, the clear bra is the way to go. For added protection, ask your 3M Pro Series installer about the optional service agreement that guarantees against paint damage. In fact, if you are going to go that direction, I am pretty sure their local distributor will throw in the added coverage at no cost to you. Let me know if you end up going that route and I'll help get it coordinated.

The 9H is also neat stuff, but won't protect you from road debris kicked up by the car in front of you or your own tires for instance. The ceramic coating will definitely help make the film or paint easier to keep clean.

Originally Posted by dagsmcd
Curious as to what forum members have done and any advice. I have read countless articles and forums on this and it seems to come down to (1) full car wrap versus (2) full front (including rockers) and some type of 9H ceramic product on the rest (with a lighter ceramic product on the film). My options where I live are Xpel or 3m Pro - both seem to be the same to me and I have found well regarded, approved installers for both.

Both options seem to run in the 5K range (at least here in the Northeast). Mine is going to be driven year round, and 85% highway, so leaning to the full wrap but am interested to hear what others decided and how happy they are with the decision.

Many thanks.
Old 06-20-18, 10:00 AM
dagsmcd
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. Would love to know who you recommend in Connecticut. Road conditions are, as you might imagine, not great.
Old 06-23-18, 12:06 AM
LCInfrared
Rookie

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

I had 1/3rd of my car covered with a clearfilm by Protex. Most of the new generations of films are self-repairing in that if they are scratched they will repair themselves under sun/heat as the scratch will completely dissapear.
The following users liked this post:
dagsmcd (06-23-18)