LC Model (2018-present)

Front or Pano Camera

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-19, 09:26 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by vraa
I ended up doing the install at my local car stereo shop (River Oaks Car Stereo) but the camera I got wasn't satisfactory, I wanted parking lines and what not, so I'm looking for another camera module

I just have to churn through all the chinese crap on ebay/amazon and find one that does mirroring too
Why do you need parking lines for the front camera?
Old 06-23-19, 03:41 PM
RichKeagy
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Perhaps he meant the camera angle view is too narrow to see the painted space lines.
Old 06-29-19, 04:30 PM
North1Star
Pit Crew

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Guys check reply #3 of this thread

It seems that this guy found a front parking cam different than Beatsonic

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-...l#post10401970
The following users liked this post:
vraa (06-30-19)
Old 07-14-19, 09:06 PM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

Received 210 Likes on 121 Posts

They should at least have some sort of distance sensor on the front of the vehicle. So hard to know where that nose is, especially if you drive different cars regularly.
MrLogan13 (07-20-19)
Old 07-14-19, 10:12 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,831 Likes on 1,293 Posts

^^^^My LC does It's called Intuitive Parking Assist.

Lou
Old 07-15-19, 07:54 AM
hoonose
Intermediate

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by flowrider

Lou
I wish it was good for low curbs though. My biggest complaint having traded in my 2016 Vette with a front camera.
Old 07-15-19, 09:17 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^So far it's been working for me in identifying low curbs and parking stops.

Lou
Old 07-15-19, 09:28 AM
web4488
Pit Crew

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

^^^^So far it's been working for me in identifying low curbs and parking stops.

Lou
Careful....it's not reliable. A front camera would be ideal.
AirForce8 (10-04-20)
Old 07-17-19, 04:01 PM
Exhilr8n
Intermediate

Received 210 Likes on 121 Posts

Lou
Just does not work on curbs.
AirForce8 (10-04-20)
Old 07-23-19, 05:12 PM
timrudy
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry in advance for the long response, but I feel it requires one.

I looked at the beat sonic, but it wasn't even close to what I wanted.

I did an LSAILT from one of my suppliers in Shenzhen. Cosmo ordered the Mark Levinson components from Japan to make a test bench setup in a wood box, and then adapted the new Android based unit to the ML with jumper harnesses. Its wired though the Levison's Aux input via the jumper wiring. I brought it back to the US and it took several hours to remove the center console and dash, but its up and working great. I mounted it beneath the antenna splitter / combiner and it fits tightly between the remounted splitter combiner and the rubber mat that protects the drive tunnel. There are two USB cables that I stow away in that little netted pocket in the passenger footwell incase I want to hook up a USB hard disk or some other USB thing. I didn't use a bluetooth keyboard or mouse. Instead I just installed the Team Viewer App for Android to make it easer to setup from my MAC. (Typing user account, etc on any touchpad is tedious). Then I added the apps I wanted from the Play store. It uses the factory trackpad and steering wheel controls. When I go back next week, I'm gonna sit down with him when I have time to get the seek and scroll wheels above the trackpad to rubber band scroll and smooth scroll. With an add-on app, it supports Apple Car Play and Android Screen mirroring from my smartphone, tablet and laptop. If a passenger wants to show me something on their phone, they just join the car's WiFi, and cast to the Android Unit. Sound and video play on the car. I even added a T-Mobile Sync-Up to my OBD port to give the car continuous wifi.

So now to your question about the front camera.

There is an app on the unit called back car. Which is kinda simplistic. The android box has an RCA video hydra cable and power lead where up to 4 cameras marked Front, Left, Right and Rear can be plugged in. I configured the unit to use my existing rear camera (no wiring changes needed) and connected a new front 170 Degree color camera and bracket inside one of the diamonds beneath the Lexus badge on the front grille. The camera is configured to come on when you select "Drive" and go off when you hit about 10MPH. What a help for those pesky parking stops and high curbs.

There is a ton more stuff we have it doing, but too tedious to mention here I this forum.

As an aside; I recently downloaded the Lexus Apple Car Play upgrade, put it on USB and went though the hour long process of upgrading. What a let down. CarPlay or Android auto has too many nanny features to be truly utilitarian.

The Android computer AUX input solution may not be for everyone, but for me, having a dedicated android computer with 50 apps from Gas Buddy to Wayz to Youtube, to Amazon video, my blanking apps, next cloud, vpn, MS Office etc means I want to spend even more productive time on the road.

Here is the video Cosmo made for the LC while building my unit if anyone is interested. No I don't have time to install it for anyone, but feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or I can put you in touch with him.

Old 10-04-20, 02:40 AM
Marwan74
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by timrudy
Sorry in advance for the long response, but I feel it requires one.

I looked at the beat sonic, but it wasn't even close to what I wanted.

I did an LSAILT from one of my suppliers in Shenzhen. Cosmo ordered the Mark Levinson components from Japan to make a test bench setup in a wood box, and then adapted the new Android based unit to the ML with jumper harnesses. Its wired though the Levison's Aux input via the jumper wiring. I brought it back to the US and it took several hours to remove the center console and dash, but its up and working great. I mounted it beneath the antenna splitter / combiner and it fits tightly between the remounted splitter combiner and the rubber mat that protects the drive tunnel. There are two USB cables that I stow away in that little netted pocket in the passenger footwell incase I want to hook up a USB hard disk or some other USB thing. I didn't use a bluetooth keyboard or mouse. Instead I just installed the Team Viewer App for Android to make it easer to setup from my MAC. (Typing user account, etc on any touchpad is tedious). Then I added the apps I wanted from the Play store. It uses the factory trackpad and steering wheel controls. When I go back next week, I'm gonna sit down with him when I have time to get the seek and scroll wheels above the trackpad to rubber band scroll and smooth scroll. With an add-on app, it supports Apple Car Play and Android Screen mirroring from my smartphone, tablet and laptop. If a passenger wants to show me something on their phone, they just join the car's WiFi, and cast to the Android Unit. Sound and video play on the car. I even added a T-Mobile Sync-Up to my OBD port to give the car continuous wifi.

So now to your question about the front camera.

There is an app on the unit called back car. Which is kinda simplistic. The android box has an RCA video hydra cable and power lead where up to 4 cameras marked Front, Left, Right and Rear can be plugged in. I configured the unit to use my existing rear camera (no wiring changes needed) and connected a new front 170 Degree color camera and bracket inside one of the diamonds beneath the Lexus badge on the front grille. The camera is configured to come on when you select "Drive" and go off when you hit about 10MPH. What a help for those pesky parking stops and high curbs.

There is a ton more stuff we have it doing, but too tedious to mention here I this forum.

As an aside; I recently downloaded the Lexus Apple Car Play upgrade, put it on USB and went though the hour long process of upgrading. What a let down. CarPlay or Android auto has too many nanny features to be truly utilitarian.

The Android computer AUX input solution may not be for everyone, but for me, having a dedicated android computer with 50 apps from Gas Buddy to Wayz to Youtube, to Amazon video, my blanking apps, next cloud, vpn, MS Office etc means I want to spend even more productive time on the road.

Here is the video Cosmo made for the LC while building my unit if anyone is interested. No I don't have time to install it for anyone, but feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions or I can put you in touch with him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNfoIUXIn_U&t=103s

​​​​​​​It sounds like this is what I need to install on my LC500 2017. how much is it and how do you like it after using it for a while? any recommendation or advice?
thanks in advance

Last edited by Marwan74; 10-04-20 at 02:46 AM.
Old 10-04-20, 09:55 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Welcome to the forum lot's of GREAT information here

BTW, AFAIK there were no LCs labeled as MY 2017. There were LCs sold in 2017, but they were 2018 models.

Lou
Old 10-05-20, 01:53 AM
Marwan74
Driver School Candidate

^^^^Welcome to the forum lot's of GREAT information here

BTW, AFAIK there were no LCs labeled as MY 2017. There were LCs sold in 2017, but they were 2018 models.

Lou
thank you for the good information. However the the car registration says the model is 2017. Didferent countries, different rules
Old 10-05-20, 05:22 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Welcome Marwan74. Where are you located?
Old 10-05-20, 06:32 AM
Marwan74
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Welcome Marwan74. Where are you located?
Dubai, UAE

Quick Reply: Front or Pano Camera