LC Model (2018-present)

CCB for LC500?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-18, 01:23 PM
RacingBrake
Former Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default CCB for LC500?

I wonder if Lexus has an optional upgrade offer for Carbon Ceramic Rotor like other luxurious car models.

Last edited by RacingBrake; 03-26-18 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-28-18, 11:31 PM
ziggy1
Pole Position

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by RacingBrake
I wonder if Lexus has an optional upgrade offer for Carbon Ceramic Rotor like other luxurious car models.
No, sorry.
Old 04-16-18, 10:26 AM
RacingBrake
Former Sponsor

Design of these amazingly light weight Carbon Ceramic Rotors, that your LC500 deserved, is done with manufacturing released.

Be the first proud owner, pre-order now.. shipping in 6-8 weeks or sooner.
https://www.racingbrake.com/ProductD...oductCode=2C70

RB CCM rotors are made for direct replacement to OE bulky and heavy iron rotors, re-use OE calipers, switch between iron and CCM anytime you see fit. Totally compatible with OE pads...

Old 04-16-18, 11:08 PM
Thorne
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

"1 Axle set of RB XT910 no squeak street performance pad"

I don't know anything about brakes. Will these pads if used with OEM rotors stop the squeaking that is being complained about? Or do your pads need to be matched with the CCBs? (What squeaks, the caliper against the pad? Or pad against rotor?)

Do my questions even make any sense.
Old 04-17-18, 10:47 AM
VVTiBob

Received 265 Likes on 201 Posts

While I understand the frustration, but 12K for a set of four rotors? I’d be willing to live with the noise until Lexus comes up TSB. Just a thought, I guess the market will dictate whether these are successful.
Old 04-17-18, 02:19 PM
RacingBrake
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Thorne
"1 Axle set of RB XT910 no squeak street performance pad"

I don't know anything about brakes. Will these pads if used with OEM rotors stop the squeaking that is being complained about? Or do your pads need to be matched with the CCBs? (What squeaks, the caliper against the pad? Or pad against rotor?)

Do my questions even make any sense.
XT910 is a compound that will not squeak, very low dust with excellent modulation and is very popular for both iron and CCM rotors. Don't just take our words for it check GTR forums where a constant complaint on squeaking, and also quite a few owners converting the iron to CCM rotors. And Mercedes forums and learn what brake pads are those C/E 63 owners' choice.

RacingBrake XT910 Brake Pads Review

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic/...e-pads-review/
Okay, so I got these pads installed a few days ago. I put up a little review in Formidables CCM thread. Long story short. I'm really liking the pads. I've got a couple hundred miles on them and feel like I've gotten them properly bedded in although they felt great right away.

Installation was a breeze, no issues. Braking feels good to me. Even when cold in the morning. I've done some hard decelerations from a max of 90 down to a min of 20 or so and they feel really good. They definitely bite harder when they warm up.

Also, they are completely silent. I've gotten so used the noise from the OEM brakes when coming to a stop. So far I haven't heard a sound from these pads.

My setup is Racingbrake PD1382-391 front pads paired with the OEM rear CCM rotors from the Camaro Z-28 adapted to the GTR.

Don't settle just for a no-squeaky pad from Lexus, upgrade to a pad like RB XT910 with improved design and compound that can offer you the best street (& spirited) performance which you have been looking for and your LC500 deserves.
Once you install RB XT910 pads you will realize that those old saying (or what a dealer could tell you) that "Performance and No noisy/dusty can't co-exist" is simply a knowledge of the past.

Note: Unlike other brake pad mfgrs who make pads for all cars/applications, RB offers pads only for applications we have two piece rotors and brake kits. All pads are carefully reviewed in design (see below) and compound formulation to ensure the optimal fitment and performance.

OE design:

RB design: