Search this Thread

Old 03-19-18, 09:40 AM
Curated Content Editor
CL Editor

Received 172 Likes on 119 Posts
Default A Sneak Peek of the Top Secret LC F

A Sneak Peek of the Top Secret LC F
By Brian Dally

A Club Lexus Exclusive: never-before-seen images of the upcoming LC F. Check them out inside.
Old 03-20-18, 10:22 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Received 108 Likes on 61 Posts

Debunked!
http://www.thedrive.com/news/7962/le...wer-lexus-lc-f
Old 03-20-18, 11:13 PM
Thorne
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sales of the LC were projected by Lexus to be 400/month in the US.
( http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...lc-high-hopes/ )
This was achieved the month of launch, and the following month.
For Feb 2018, sales were at 128 in the US, 68% below plan.
(http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...exus/lexus-lc/ )
Not sure what March will look like, given the recall & rumors that they won't even allow some out for test drive? (true? false?)

Would be odd for them to offer a hi-po version of a model that is underperforming to such an extent.

Although to be fair, Lexus didn't specify how many months they forecasted. If they forecasted sales of 400+ for only 2 months & then predicted a steep drop-off after that... We're golden
Old 03-21-18, 07:56 AM
skipetenj
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Look for the convertible before the F. More potential buyers for the convertible and sales dictate production.
Old 03-21-18, 10:41 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Thorne
Sales of the LC were projected by Lexus to be 400/month in the US.
( http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...lc-high-hopes/ )
This was achieved the month of launch, and the following month.
For Feb 2018, sales were at 128 in the US, 68% below plan.
(http://carsalesbase.com/us-car-sales...exus/lexus-lc/ )
Not sure what March will look like, given the recall & rumors that they won't even allow some out for test drive? (true? false?)

Would be odd for them to offer a hi-po version of a model that is underperforming to such an extent.

Although to be fair, Lexus didn't specify how many months they forecasted. If they forecasted sales of 400+ for only 2 months & then predicted a steep drop-off after that... We're golden
I'm rather happy that Lexus have not hit projected sales as it keeps the car somewhat exclusive and rare. The recall was very minor and the revised fuel pumps/parts are trickling in to dealers for them to replace the original pumps as mere safety precautions for consumers. I agree with you as well that it would make no sense for Lexus to release an F-Sport version of the LC500 within a year of releasing the N/A and Hybrid versions a mere 10 months after the LC500's debut. Lexus would be stuck with a few thousand N/A and Hybrid LC500's that probably will not sell as a result of offering a version with nearly 130hp more, faster 0-60 and faster1/4 mile times. Not to mention a more aggressive aesthetic look from the current models. It would be LC500 suicide for Toyota Motor Corporation. I think they learned their lesson from the LFA as there were only 500 of them produced yet still over 75 unregistered still sitting in dealer inventory that have not sold since 2012. Granted the LFA is nearly $400K and for that you can get a much more current and much faster car for half the price nowadays. However, it won't be as exclusive and unique as an LFA regardless of performance.

Last edited by Zeitaku; 03-21-18 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-21-18, 11:09 AM
Thorne
Driver

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
the LFA as there were only 500 of them produced yet still over 75 unregistered still sitting in dealer inventory that have not sold since 2012.
I was not aware of this. For some reason I was under the impression these sold like hotcakes back when they first hit the market years ago for their short run.

Looks like I was wrong.

Why did they not sell at the time? Too expensive? Their performance at the time was very much on point.
Old 03-21-18, 09:21 PM
Vitveet
Racer

Received 254 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by Zeitaku
I'm rather happy that Lexus have not hit projected sales as it keeps the car somewhat exclusive and rare. The recall was very minor and the revised fuel pumps/parts are trickling in to dealers for them to replace the original pumps as mere safety precautions for consumers. I agree with you as well that it would make no sense for Lexus to release an F-Sport version of the LC500 within a year of releasing the N/A and Hybrid versions a mere 10 months after the LC500's debut. Lexus would be stuck with a few thousand N/A and Hybrid LC500's that probably will not sell as a result of offering a version with nearly 130hp more, faster 0-60 and faster1/4 mile times. Not to mention a more aggressive aesthetic look from the current models. It would be LC500 suicide for Toyota Motor Corporation. I think they learned their lesson from the LFA as there were only 500 of them produced yet still over 75 unregistered still sitting in dealer inventory that have not sold since 2012. Granted the LFA is nearly $400K and for that you can get a much more current and much faster car for half the price nowadays. However, it won't be as exclusive and unique as an LFA regardless of performance.
Wouldn't be the first time Toyota/Lexus has done that (adding a model a year or 2 later that higher hp/better looking, etc.). They did this with the is250/350 coming out in 06....the ISF was released in 07 as an 08 model, which was better/more aggressive looking, better 0-60 times, better 1/4 mile times, etc, and the 250/350 still had zero issues selling. The same will happen with the LC500 and the LCF. Not everyone will be able to afford or want the higher performance version. Only a select few will. Let's face it, hard to really even use all the LC500s power on the road already, not to mention an F version with 130+ more hp. Nothing out here is for everyone, believe that!

V.

Last edited by Vitveet; 03-22-18 at 09:07 PM.
Old 03-22-18, 10:44 AM
Zeitaku
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Thorne
I was not aware of this. For some reason I was under the impression these sold like hotcakes back when they first hit the market years ago for their short run.

Looks like I was wrong.

Why did they not sell at the time? Too expensive? Their performance at the time was very much on point.
The LFA came out in 2010 first year and went for $375,000. At that time people could get the Nissan GT-R for $85,000 that had better performance as well as the Ferrari 458 that was around $225,000. LFA is a great car but far overpriced when compared to competitors. I would love to own one however, that $400K tag would have to come down considerably for me to even consider it.