LC Model (2018-present)

Is the LC selling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-17, 05:45 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
The back seats are useless, I don't think your kids would fit back there....
Well they fit in the back of a California for a 30 minute ride a few weeks ago :-) Granted the top was down so no headroom issues. But yeah they weren't happy. I sat in the back of the LC after setting the front seat up for me (I'm relatively short), and at least there's more room back there than either the California or the 911.
Old 06-27-17, 08:54 PM
Dwight047
Driver

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by al503
Awesome. I'll hold you to it, lol.
Hopefully that means you'll buy it from me too haha
Old 06-27-17, 08:56 PM
Dwight047
Driver

Originally Posted by Magellan55
Just went to my dealer yesterday to check it out. They had 2 in stock, and not heavily optioned. Didn't see a markup on the window, but dunno if they'd sell it to me for MSRP or discount either. Sales guy claims they have sold 2 V8's and a hybrid so far. I'm really early in my shopping, as I keep cars 10 years, and not even sure I want to spend this much on a car, so I'm in no hurry. But wow what a sexy body, and glorious exhaust. I'm a hybrid guy, but that V8 sound might be hard to pass up. I've always dreamed of buying a used Ferrari toy (drove a 458 in Maranello a few weeks ago), but this feels like it could be close to that but also a daily driver with Lexus reliability and back seats if I ever have to pick my kids up from school. Be honest - most people in the US buy Ferrari's to be seen in them, as there's no way to make use of their performance on the street. And the LC IMO is about as gorgeous. Only three things I didn't like - no Apple Car Play / Android Auto, useless trunk, run-flat tires.
Do yourself a favor and drive the hybrid before you decide on the V8 - quite possibly the greatest transmission I have ever driven. To put a shifting/manual feel into a CVT is very impressive.
The following users liked this post:
Magellan55 (06-28-17)
Old 06-28-17, 06:56 AM
Craig B

Received 53 Likes on 37 Posts

Well they fit in the back of a California for a 30 minute ride a few weeks ago :-) Granted the top was down so no headroom issues. But yeah they weren't happy. I sat in the back of the LC after setting the front seat up for me (I'm relatively short), and at least there's more room back there than either the California or the 911.
Okay, but I don't care how small you are, those rear seats are a no go. I don't know why other than insurance purposes they even put them in the vehicle. I've owned a couple of Porsche 911's also. They should have made them fold down to add more cargo area...
Old 06-29-17, 11:26 AM
jmull3r
Instructor

Received 239 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwight047
Do yourself a favor and drive the hybrid before you decide on the V8 - quite possibly the greatest transmission I have ever driven. To put a shifting/manual feel into a CVT is very impressive.
i saw a video of the LC500h accelerating, and it seems as if although the power is down 100 from the LC500, it seems like the shifting makes it feel much quicker than the LC500 is since the gearing is so long
Old 07-02-17, 08:54 AM
734jeant
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Craig B
Okay, but I don't care how small you are, those rear seats are a no go. I don't know why other than insurance purposes they even put them in the vehicle. I've owned a couple of Porsche 911's also. They should have made them fold down to add more cargo area...
+1 on fold down option
Old 07-11-17, 12:38 PM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

Received 296 Likes on 223 Posts

Originally Posted by xboxfan
This seems like bad dealer/corporate policy.

So the current cycle is:
Dealer is turning away offers less than MSRP -->
Dealers selling less cars -->
Dealers profiting less -->
Lexus producing less -->
Lexus profiting less.

When a change of:
Dealers selling at a 2-3k discount increase sales significantly -->
Dealer profits more selling 5 cars at reduced profit than 0-1 car at full profit -->
Lexus makes more to keep up with demand -->
Lexus profits more

The only way selling at MSRP makes sense is if the dealer really can't keep up with demand.
This is clearly not the case if Lexus has reduced production because demand is not there.
They priced it too high, there is not much demand for a 100K Lexus especially when performance is not very impressive. They will get a few gotta have it at any price buyers the first 1 to 3 months but then demand and sales will fall heavily if they don't at least sell lower then MSRP or offer discounts and it will get stuck as a very low seller they don't want to invest much into anymore. Similar to what happened to the SC430, the SC300 and 400 were very big sellers and popular, then they priced the SC430 way too high and it became a very low seller. It is a shame, the more LC's on the road and sold, the better for Lexus.
Old 07-11-17, 01:10 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
They priced it too high, there is not much demand for a 100K Lexus especially when performance is not very impressive. They will get a few gotta have it at any price buyers the first 1 to 3 months but then demand and sales will fall heavily if they don't at least sell lower then MSRP or offer discounts and it will get stuck as a very low seller they don't want to invest much into anymore. Similar to what happened to the SC430, the SC300 and 400 were very big sellers and popular, then they priced the SC430 way too high and it became a very low seller. It is a shame, the more LC's on the road and sold, the better for Lexus.
HAHA, Funny how it's only people that don't have one or haven't driven one that complain about the price. Even reviewers say Lexus could have charged more. I'm so glad its low volume, high price car. Keep the exclusivity for the people that can appreciate/afford it. I appreciate a car more that I don't see 2 or 3 of driving around in a day.
Old 07-11-17, 02:44 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 189 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by UDel
They priced it too high, there is not much demand for a 100K Lexus especially when performance is not very impressive. They will get a few gotta have it at any price buyers the first 1 to 3 months but then demand and sales will fall heavily if they don't at least sell lower then MSRP or offer discounts and it will get stuck as a very low seller they don't want to invest much into anymore. Similar to what happened to the SC430, the SC300 and 400 were very big sellers and popular, then they priced the SC430 way too high and it became a very low seller. Itis a shame, the more LC's on the road and sold, the better for Lexus.
Not true at all. This has been debunked numerous times here in CL using actual sales data.

The SC430 actually sold at least as well as the SC300/400 comparing the sales cycle of both generations despite the higher price and stiffer competition, It sold very well the first few years, but like the SC300/400, Lexus did not make significant upgrades with the facelift and let the sales dwindle over too long a model cycle.
​​​​​​​
We will see what Lexus is willing to do to keep refreshing and upgrading the LC .......

Last edited by Gojirra99; 07-11-17 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-14-17, 06:36 PM
golfpunks
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you guys think pricing will drop on the lc like it did k the rcf and gsf.. I really want to get the lc now but worried they will sell them with deep discounts like they did on those two cars.. I would hate to spend 105k and see someone get the same car new for 85 k months later
Old 07-14-17, 07:04 PM
Dwight047
Driver

Originally Posted by golfpunks
Do you guys think pricing will drop on the lc like it did k the rcf and gsf.. I really want to get the lc now but worried they will sell them with deep discounts like they did on those two cars.. I would hate to spend 105k and see someone get the same car new for 85 k months later
I do not, simply because they aren't mass producing this car like they did with the RC-F and GS-F. They have already backed up production in my area because they don't want dealerships sitting on more than a couple.
Old 07-14-17, 08:40 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Dwight047
I do not, simply because they aren't mass producing this car like they did with the RC-F and GS-F. They have already backed up production in my area because they don't want dealerships sitting on more than a couple.
The LC also isn't an overpriced version of a cheaper car. But eventually the newness will wear off and the dealers will start negotiating on them, like any car. Unless Lexus does the Ferrari thing and makes one less than there's demand for.

Did the dealers ever mark down the LFA?
Old 07-15-17, 08:22 AM
golfpunks
Driver

The LC also isn't an overpriced version of a cheaper car. But eventually the newness will wear off and the dealers will start negotiating on them, like any car. Unless Lexus does the Ferrari thing and makes one less than there's demand for.

Did the dealers ever mark down the LFA?

Thanks for the responses.. My magic number in my head is 5k for discounts between now and end of the year.. If they discounted it that much I would be OK with enjoying the car from now until then.. Only regret would be if they dropped the price more than 5k..
Old 07-15-17, 08:42 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by golfpunks
Thanks for the responses.. My magic number in my head is 5k for discounts between now and end of the year.. If they discounted it that much I would be OK with enjoying the car from now until then.. Only regret would be if they dropped the price more than 5k..
I got 3K off when I bought my car. In my opinion, 5K off is totally possible with some luck. Who said you have to pay MSRP?
If you really want the best price, wait till X'mas. Few would want to buy a coupe in harsh winter + holiday.
Old 07-15-17, 08:45 AM
golfpunks
Driver

Originally Posted by Ahhadanny
I got 3K off when I bought my car. In my opinion, 5K off is totally possible with some luck. Who said you have to pay MSRP?
If you really want the best price, wait till X'mas. Few would want to buy a coupe in harsh winter.
There are no discount here in CA.. Some dealer's are marking them up or adding low jack and clear bra etc.. If they gave me 2k off I would have one already

Quick Reply: Is the LC selling?