LC Model (2018-present)

Is the LC selling?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-17, 01:46 PM
babyzilla
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's one at my local dealer. Asking 110k. Still sitting there.
Old 06-08-17, 03:26 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Come back in Nov/Dec - they will have discount of over $10k on them.
Happens to all sport coupes even 911.
Old 06-24-17, 07:35 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Just checked Cargurus.com , more and more dealers start to give discount. Some deals are 7k lower than MSRP now. There are still close to 380+ cars on the market at this time of the month. So, don't listen to salesmen's propaganda.

According to KBB, LC500's invoice price is around 87k. In my opinion, most dealers will have to give more discount soon since most pre-orders and irrational buyers (lots of ex-RCF owners) already got their cars. Most people won't pay 100k+ for a Lexus. It is true that the car looks sexy. However, the performance is a big issue at the price range. Then, familiar situation is back: higher end Lexus wins applauding but not the market. Additionally, RCF bascially is half-dead. Most cars sit on the lots for 300 days +.

So, I don't think potential buyers need to wait till x'mas to receive big discount. Next year new BMW 8 series is even more stunning and sexy (Engine choices from I4 to V12). Plus this year AMG, Lexus will have to discount big.
Old 06-24-17, 10:18 AM
Carbon Exchange
Former Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ahhadanny
Just checked Cargurus.com , more and more dealers start to give discount. Some deals are 7k lower than MSRP now. There are still close to 380+ cars on the market at this time of the month. So, don't listen to salesmen's propaganda.

According to KBB, LC500's invoice price is around 87k. In my opinion, most dealers will have to give more discount soon since most pre-orders and irrational buyers (lots of ex-RCF owners) already got their cars. Most people won't pay 100k+ for a Lexus. It is true that the car looks sexy. However, the performance is a big issue at the price range. Then, familiar situation is back: higher end Lexus wins applauding but not the market. Additionally, RCF bascially is half-dead. Most cars sit on the lots for 300 days +.

So, I don't think potential buyers need to wait till x'mas to receive big discount. Next year new BMW 8 series is even more stunning and sexy (Engine choices from I4 to V12). Plus this year AMG, Lexus will have to discount big.

87k for invoice is 100% false. either the 105k sport version or the 98k touring editions has between a 6000 or 7000 markup thats it. there is 0 dealer cash 0 rebates and 0 incentives. my local dealerships have sold around 6 units all msrp and each buyer bought multiple products to protect their investment.
Old 06-24-17, 11:49 AM
Ahhadanny
Driver

investment? what a joke. You must be a salesman. You can NOT just say KBB is lying. Where is your proof?
A CAR IS NOT AN INVESTMENT (except for extremely rare car collections). In this world, only car salesmen tell their clients that buying a car is an investment.
I DON'T BELIEVE A SINGLE WORD OF YOURS.
And I couldn't care less about your local dealer's "successful" stories.

Last edited by Ahhadanny; 06-24-17 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-24-17, 12:03 PM
Carbon Exchange
Former Sponsor

investment? what a joke. You must be a salesman. You can NOT just say KBB is lying. Where is your proof?
A CAR IS NOT AN INVESTMENT (except for extremely rare car collections). In this world, only car salesmen tell their clients that buying a car is an investment.
I DON'T BELIEVE A SINGLE WORD OF YOURS.
And I couldn't care less about your local dealer's "successful" stories.
KBB doesnt sell cars. I am looking at dealer invoices right now because i work at a dealer. Call KBB and order a LC500 %15 off.
Old 06-24-17, 12:09 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Originally Posted by Carbon Exchange
KBB doesnt sell cars. I am looking at dealer invoices right now because i work at a dealer. Call KBB and order a LC500 %15 off.
Oh cool, you work at a dealer. lol Crystal clear.
Old 06-24-17, 12:20 PM
Carbon Exchange
Former Sponsor

Oh cool, you work at a dealer. lol Crystal clear.
yep sitting here looking at the invoices. only a toyota employee or lexus employee can buy for 87k The cheapest LC in the country is a msrp of $97,635 and it seems to be a custom build and it has already been reserved. Ill give you a little homework assignment. call any lexus dealer that has an LC500 of a $98k msrp there are a few hundred out there, then send in a internet lead and show me a proposal for less than $90k and ill give you a nice reward of some Lexus swag. Happy hunting .
Old 06-24-17, 12:26 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

I'm guessing Ahh-whatever is just trolling or wishful thinking. There's always "one of those" guys when a new car comes out that's out of their range. Guessing he thinks if he posts low-ball numbers it will come true. LOL.
Old 06-24-17, 12:34 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Originally Posted by TimboIS
I'm guessing Ahh-whatever is just trolling or wishful thinking. There's always "one of those" guys when a new car comes out that's out of their range. Guessing he thinks if he posts low-ball numbers it will come true. LOL.
what is your problem?

http://bit.ly/2tnHXYY

that is already 6.3k off MSRP, I just do not wanna waste my time on a car salesman. But, you should never be sour to me as a consumer. After all, I don't own a dollar printing factory. I work hard for every penny. You, I am not sure. Be proud to spend money like you don't care. I have no problem with that. No judgement here. Nor should you.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 07-04-17 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-24-17, 01:25 PM
ragabnh
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

It is listed under used car, the listing does not show mileage or dealer address.
Old 06-24-17, 01:29 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Originally Posted by ragabnh
It is listed under used car, the listing does not show mileage or dealer address.
Originally Posted by ragabnh
I don't wanna explain anymore. All the cars on that website will list as used car because it originally was an used car site. But dealers also post new cars on it. Check the car condition: "NEW". If it is an used car, then mileage will show up. There are dealer's address/reviews etc. as well.

Plus, there are other car sales sites, also offer discount. Homework time.

Last edited by Ahhadanny; 06-24-17 at 01:33 PM.
The following users liked this post:
ragabnh (06-24-17)
Old 06-24-17, 01:33 PM
ragabnh
Intermediate

Received 55 Likes on 44 Posts

I checked and you are correct, some dealers already offering big discounts over MSRP. Good to know thanks.
Old 06-24-17, 01:36 PM
Carbon Exchange
Former Sponsor

I don't wanna explain anymore. All the cars on that website will list as used car because it originally was an used car site. But dealers also post new cars on it. Check the car condition: "NEW". If it is an used car, then mileage will show up. There is dealer's address/reviews etc. as well.

Plus, there are other car sales sites, also offer discount. Homework time.

but what you dont and are refusing to understand is THOSE WEBSITES DO NOT SELL CARS. You can only buy a new car from a dealer. Also ill give you a spoiler alert. True car prices are set by the dealer not true car. Car gurus is independent and do not work with any dealers they put their own prices on the website for click traffic. You have no idea what you think you understand.
Old 06-24-17, 01:43 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Originally Posted by Carbon Exchange
but what you dont and are refusing to understand is THOSE WEBSITES DO NOT SELL CARS. You can only buy a new car from a dealer. Also ill give you a spoiler alert. True car prices are set by the dealer not true car. Car gurus is independent and do not work with any dealers they put their own prices on the website for click traffic. You have no idea what you think you understand.

Dealers post their deals on the sites like cargurus. Cargurus doesn't sell cars. It just offers a platform for dealers to sell their cars online. are you a new car salesman?
Let's stop here. I understand I buy cars, You sell cars. Thank God tho, I don't have to buy a car from you. lol peace.
The following users liked this post:
ragabnh (06-24-17)

Quick Reply: Is the LC selling?