ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   LC Model (2018-present) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-model-2018-present-290/)
-   -   What is your favorite color for the LC? (Merged threads) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/lc-model-2018-present/1010222-what-is-your-favorite-color-for-the-lc-merged-threads.html)

redhot47fl 12-01-20 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by flowrider (Post 10944346)
Look under the pic I posted:uh: Black:thumbup:

Lou

Yeah, I guess I could have just done that. :)

Sorry. Multi-tasking.

SuperGT 12-01-20 05:06 PM

The Infrared is a Quad Coat process that includes a base coat, a pearl coat, a tinted clear and finally a clear coat. In the case of the Infrared, the colors used are metallic silver followed by a translucent red, giving it it's unique candy apple look.s

redhot47fl 12-01-20 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by SuperGT (Post 10944437)
The Infrared is a Quad Coat process that includes a base coat, a pearl coat, a tinted clear and finally a clear coat. In the case of the Infrared, the colors used are metallic silver followed by a translucent red, giving it it's unique candy apple look.

Thanks. It's growing in me. I just wish there were a wider selection of interiors.

But red on black? Maybe. Maybe. Reminiscent of my first car - a used '67 Mustang 'vert, red on black (with a deeply flawed electrical system).

S2000toIS350 12-01-20 06:34 PM

Do you want a black interior in a convertible in FL (burning butt, burning hands)?

redhot47fl 12-01-20 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350 (Post 10944501)
Do you want a black interior in a convertible in FL (burning butt, burning hands)?

It’s definitely a concern, but I’ve been there before. That where the pre-start, ventilated seats and drop roof come into play. But yes...black should be avoided here. Tough choices and I’m clearly having trouble navigating them.

I’ve come full circle and I’m back at white over caramel, especially if it looks like what I’m seeing in the video you just posted. Or white over red. I don’t know.

:egads:

S2000toIS350 12-01-20 06:53 PM

It does look that way to me.

The day it rolled off the truck was overcast. The paint didn't look metallic in that light.

The light in that video was fantastic and accentuates the "warm felling" characteristic of the toasted caramel interior.

If I could have it, the blue elements from the inspiration series interior with toasted caramel in place of all of the white.

Lexus has had some fun playing with the interior colors for the LC. They are doing a black and orange for the Japan market that is striking.

If the toasted caramel is not for you, how about the Roja red?

redhot47fl 12-01-20 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350 (Post 10944526)

Yes, white over one or the other. Caramel or red. The red interior requires a black roof (and that’s ok) and it includes some black elements in the cockpit, making it a bi-color interior that really appeals to me.

Thanks for the therapy session. :hug:

355F1 12-01-20 08:12 PM

I will have a white over red leather soon!!!!!!!! :D

74Sprtstr 12-01-20 08:32 PM

the caviar black is what the japanese call "shibuya" ... which means it has grey added to it, to tone it down.
the caviar has a grey caste and iridescent metallic flakes - its extraordinarily beautiful, and subtle.

flowrider 12-01-20 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by S2000toIS350 (Post 10944526)

Rioja Red has been replaced in the 2021 LC with Circuit Red. A brighter red.

Originally Posted by tmillLC500 (Post 10944577)
the caviar black is what the japanese call "shibuya" ... which means it has grey added to it, to tone it down.

Boy, that's a new one on me. Shibuya is a ward in Toyoko. I have never heard of it being referenced to a color:uh:
And, as posted, I have a caviar LC and notice no grey:dunno: Look at my post on Page 1 of this thread.

Lou

bitkahuna 12-01-20 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by 355F1 (Post 10944572)
I will have a white over red leather soon!!!!!!!! :D

unless you get handed another check. ;)

355F1 12-01-20 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by bitkahuna (Post 10944619)
unless you get handed another check. ;)

not gonna happen on a non-Inspiration Series. LoL. :p

74Sprtstr 12-02-20 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by flowrider (Post 10944595)
Rioja Red has been replaced in the 2021 LC with Circuit Red. A brighter red.

Boy, that's a new one on me. Shibuya is a ward in Toyoko. I have never heard of it being referenced to a color:uh:
And, as posted, I have a caviar LC and notice no grey:dunno: Look at my post on Page 1 of this thread.

Lou

the technique of adding grey (or black or white) is notable in artistic painting; not being artistic, its not surprising
you've never heard of it, lou. the caviar black is quite dramatically different than the obsidian black quantifiably
by the addition of a quality that makes it "less black", ie, and that's grey....and my 2019 is a beautiful caviar, just like yours...
and in the sunlight, the metallic flakes sparkle, giving the grey black an iridescent hue...

flowrider 12-02-20 05:44 PM

^^^^I have touchup for both the Caviar & Obsidian. Obsidian is for my wheels. Anyway when I spread a little, side by side, on something other than my LC, they both appear to be the same except for the flakes. I'm familiar with adding grey to black paint. Not familiar with the ward of Shibuya being associated with a color:uh:

Lou

74Sprtstr 12-02-20 06:14 PM

well one thing we can certainly agree on is that these are spectacularly beautiful cars we have, good buddy !
i could be off on the spelling of shibuya, but the definition is correct. the paint on my car changes
with the light intensity and time of day ... almost chameleon like.
the japanese are noted for the sublety of their art.