IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

RR Racing tune or Sector 7?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-20, 01:16 PM
rjfjdudj
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RR Racing tune or Sector 7?

Long time reader and owner. Whether this has been beaten to death about the RR Racing tune or not. I did do diligence in searching on here and maybe continually do the wrong searches or something isn't working properly on my end. I have found "some" information about the RR tune and not much about the Sector 7. I have seen some videos of the ISF with the RR tune and headers and a prepped track and then the tune on the Sector 7 with headers and exhaust blah blah blah. In any event does someone have experiencing with both yet that can comment on each of these? Thank you in advance. I am not asking for placebo effect answers either. Thank you in advance for any first hand help.

Popular Reply

04-08-20, 07:15 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Received 1,366 Likes on 624 Posts

Originally Posted by Rossi
Is RR Racing working on transmission tune at this time?
Yes, still in development
Email: Contact@RR-Racing.com
Phone: 484-756-1777
Facebook : Youtube

Old 04-05-20, 04:41 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

Theres plenty of data out there on RR Racing Tune along with their tuned intake system They have proven track record with excellent customer service. Sector 7 is new and from what I've read are still developing their tune. They created tune for transmission which looks very promising. From what I understand with their tune it removes redline to 7200rpm when in sport mode it keeps the torque converter lock all the way up until 7200 RPM and ajusted the shift poi ts on transmission. You can also get RR Racing tune increase to 7200rpm or 7400rpm most people opt for 7200rpm increase. You can try reaching out to Sector 7 on IG or FB. Give RR Racing call Simon, Shawn Alex and Rafi all knowledge great guys. Full disclosure I've been using RR Racing Tune and Tuned Intake for several years with no issues. For Optimum perform you want to be FBO to see the most power potential and benefit out of RR Racing tune. Unfortunately just not whole lot of info out on Sector7 Tune just yet, hopefully they have additional info out soon regarding their tune. Its always good to have choices and healthy competition to keep pushing the platform forward.

Last edited by Weapon F; 04-05-20 at 04:45 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (04-06-20)
Old 04-05-20, 05:23 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

I have had the RR tune for 4 years now with zero issues. You can read up on the tons of information about it here.

I wanted to throw out another *potential* tuning option for the ISF I've been reading about. It is Orange Virus tuning (OVtuned) run by Matt Wilson (active on Facebook). He doesn't provide the tunes but will provide the software that you can use to unlock the ECU and dyno tune your car. He is currently testing out RCF tunes on his shop car and 1-2 others and claims the ISF option will be available soon.

I have no skin in the game here. Again - I've been happy with the RR tune but like having tuning options which hopefully can benefit the community in general.
The following 3 users liked this post by lexicon72:
lobuxracer (04-05-20), Positron (04-05-20), Weapon F (11-20-20)
Old 04-06-20, 06:39 AM
rjfjdudj
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexicon72
I have had the RR tune for 4 years now with zero issues. You can read up on the tons of information about it here.

I wanted to throw out another *potential* tuning option for the ISF I've been reading about. It is Orange Virus tuning (OVtuned) run by Matt Wilson (active on Facebook). He doesn't provide the tunes but will provide the software that you can use to unlock the ECU and dyno tune your car. He is currently testing out RCF tunes on his shop car and 1-2 others and claims the ISF option will be available soon.

I have no skin in the game here. Again - I've been happy with the RR tune but like having tuning options which hopefully can benefit the community in general.
Matt has been working on that for a while and took some heat from some "others" that I obviously won't get into. I think he has been working on that for about 3 years or so if I am not mistaken? Competition is good if it is healthy. What do you recommend I use as my search parameters to look into the tunes from RR?
Old 04-06-20, 11:54 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Thank you guys for the kudos!

I'll let everyone chime in with their feedback and just know were here to help and answer any questions that you may have.

Please feel free to give us a shout if you'd like to discuss further! We know these cars inside and out

(484) 756-1777 | contact@rr-racing.com

The following 2 users liked this post by RRRacing:
topguy573 (04-07-20), Toprawman (01-05-21)
Old 04-06-20, 02:42 PM
blackisF08
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by rjfjdudj
Long time reader and owner. Whether this has been beaten to death about the RR Racing tune or not. I did do diligence in searching on here and maybe continually do the wrong searches or something isn't working properly on my end. I have found "some" information about the RR tune and not much about the Sector 7. I have seen some videos of the ISF with the RR tune and headers and a prepped track and then the tune on the Sector 7 with headers and exhaust blah blah blah. In any event does someone have experiencing with both yet that can comment on each of these? Thank you in advance. I am not asking for placebo effect answers either. Thank you in advance for any first hand help.
sector 7 tuning is not out yet but looks promising, if you want something now the rr is your only way to go
Old 04-06-20, 08:35 PM
FinLIFE
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm currently running a rr tune but I know the creator of sector7 so once that is out and proven I will most likely switch over.
Old 04-07-20, 12:37 AM
Jwconeil

Received 968 Likes on 628 Posts

The Sector 7 tune is not tried by many since it isn’t out. There is not really any data on it that I have seen. That said, they can tune the transmission, which could be a game changer. It’s the one thing I feel this car needs that I can’t buy.

Last edited by Jwconeil; 04-02-22 at 12:50 PM.
Old 04-07-20, 03:17 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 342 Likes on 216 Posts

^^^ Could not agree more. Being able to tune the transmission would be awesome!
Old 04-07-20, 07:46 AM
Vervish
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 85 Posts

+1

I too have had the RR tune for several years - not a single issue, I love my tune. With that said - the development of transmission tuning would be a huge bonus...

The following users liked this post:
RRRacing (04-07-20)
Old 04-07-20, 11:47 AM
Rossi
Racer

Received 185 Likes on 122 Posts

Old 04-07-20, 08:00 PM
lexicon72
Intermediate

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by rjfjdudj
Matt has been working on that for a while and took some heat from some "others" that I obviously won't get into. I think he has been working on that for about 3 years or so if I am not mistaken? Competition is good if it is healthy. What do you recommend I use as my search parameters to look into the tunes from RR?
I am aware of the history of OVTuned but there is the start of some activity on the RCF platform that looks promising.
As far as RR tune search, obvious start would be here:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/cl-...e-finally.html
Old 04-07-20, 10:38 PM
Weapon F

Received 249 Likes on 135 Posts

RR Racing mention few months ago that they were looking into possibility of transmission tune. When Sector7 transmission tune first came to light. I haven't heard anything else since RR Racing said they would look into it.
Old 04-08-20, 07:15 AM
RRRacing
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rossi

The following 10 users liked this post by RRRacing:
BS ISF (04-08-20), Defratos (04-08-20), ISFpowered (04-08-20), Jwconeil (04-08-20), mike33 (04-08-20), MileHIFcar (04-08-20), Rossi (04-08-20), Toprawman (01-05-21), Vervish (04-08-20), WhyHateTho (11-18-20) and 5 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-08-20, 09:00 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 342 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by RRRacing
What kind of changes are you guys trying to implement for the transmission?

Quick Reply: RR Racing tune or Sector 7?