IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Has anyone installed figs engine mounts?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-19, 05:00 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Received 160 Likes on 103 Posts
Default Has anyone installed figs engine mounts?

If so did the dowel line up with the engine mount bracket?

im in the middle of a header install and mine don't line up, the do line up if I mount them upside down to what the figs website shows as installed.

pics below....

Old 07-04-19, 06:27 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts

May sound obvious, but are you sure you are installing on them on the correct sides? The oe mounts have a large dowel on top and small
one on the bottom are the FIGS the same way?
Old 07-04-19, 06:47 PM
93MSB
Instructor

They only have a small dowel on one side, the other side is smooth, it does fit if it turn the mount upside down from what the picture on figs site looks like
Old 07-04-19, 06:51 PM
mike33
Intermediate

the oe ones have a shorter bolt on top and longer on the bottom and the dowel is closer to the top bolt vs the bottom bolt.
Is this the same as the FIGS?
Old 07-04-19, 07:03 PM
mike33
Intermediate

I see now in your picture the dowel is further away from the bolt, so that should be the bottom of
the mount where it bolts to the subframe... I used the rr racing mounts and there was no dowel top or
bottom, but the instructions were clear on how they mounted.

Something seems wrong with the mounts, maybe a manufacturing glitch? I would definitely wait to
contact FIGS before finishing the install.

Last edited by mike33; 07-04-19 at 07:20 PM.
Old 07-05-19, 02:17 PM
TurboGti
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awaiting a reply on this as i'm looking to pull the trigger on this in a few weeks
Really wouldn't want the same issues
Old 07-05-19, 03:12 PM
93MSB
Instructor

They're in... I only had a very limited amount of time on my buddy's lift and one of the stock mounts was broken so I had to install them. It wasn't any big deal to fix, but it was not an issue I was expecting to run into.

I did leave a message with Figs yesterday, I haven't received a call back yet but it is a holiday weekend and are probably out of the office. I'm just crossing my fingers they don't call and say I need to take them out.

All I did was drill a small hole into the mounting bracket. No modification was done to the mounts themselves. pics below

bottom showing no pin

short and long studs

hole drilled in bracket

mount in subframe
Old 07-05-19, 03:15 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Originally Posted by TurboGti
Awaiting a reply on this as i'm looking to pull the trigger on this in a few weeks
Really wouldn't want the same issues
Have you considered the rr racing mounts they are more robust and eliminate virtually all engine movement, but there is
a slight increase in vibration at idle. They are also less expensive... The FIGS mounts seem similar in design to the OE
mounts if that's what you are looking for.
Old 07-05-19, 03:29 PM
mike33
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 93MSB
They're in... I only had a very limited amount of time on my buddy's lift and one of the stock mounts was broken so I had to install them. It wasn't any big deal to fix, but it was not an issue I was expecting to run into.

I did leave a message with Figs yesterday, I haven't received a call back yet but it is a holiday weekend and are probably out of the office. I'm just crossing my fingers they don't call and say I need to take them out.

All I did was drill a small hole into the mounting bracket. No modification was done to the mounts themselves. pics below
You may have been able to just cut off the dowel pin, I dont think it is necessary for function, it would be interesting to hear what FIGS has to say.
Old 07-05-19, 03:34 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Originally Posted by mike33
You may have been able to just cut off the dowel pin, I dont think it is necessary for function, it would be interesting to hear what FIGS has to say.
I thought about that but decided i wanted some kind of alignment on at least one side

These are marketed for ISF GSF and RCF so they may line up perfect on one of the other two platforms. I will update again when i hear from Figs

and fwiw there is no clearance issues with these mounts and PPE EL headers, just as Figs said there wouldn't be.
Old 07-05-19, 04:10 PM
93MSB
Instructor

Mike at Figs just called me back. He said they normally ship with that dowel trimmed off, and said they have not seen any issues in testing with no dowel. I just happened to get one that slipped out the door with it still attached, he said drilling the hole was ok to do as well.
The following users liked this post:
TurboGti (07-05-19)
Old 07-05-19, 06:40 PM
TurboGti
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 93MSB
Mike at Figs just called me back. He said they normally ship with that dowel trimmed off, and said they have not seen any issues in testing with no dowel. I just happened to get one that slipped out the door with it still attached, he said drilling the hole was ok to do as well.
Good to know incase any of us come across this issue in the future, thanks for posting.
Old 07-05-19, 08:20 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 347 Likes on 219 Posts

figs mounts? Or you mean Pontiac G8 mounts and figs put a spacer at the bottom to make it fit the ISF? Had them and they suck. Started to sag and cracked in less then a year and less then 3k miles.
Old 07-06-19, 10:41 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered

figs mounts? Or you mean Pontiac G8 mounts and figs put a spacer at the bottom to make it fit the ISF? Had them and they suck. Started to sag and cracked in less then a year and less then 3k miles.
What are you on now? RR racing?
Old 07-06-19, 10:45 AM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 347 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh0pp3r
What are you on now? RR racing?
Custom RR racing solid mounts.

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed figs engine mounts?