IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

IS-F CCS-R Exhaust Installed, pictures and video

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-19, 10:45 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Received 342 Likes on 216 Posts

Awesome! Wish I could see if their would be any difference from 2.5 vs 3 inch exhaust. I also wonder how much higher your dyno would read with some headers.
Old 02-15-19, 10:47 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered
Awesome! Wish I could see if their would be any difference from 2.5 vs 3 inch exhaust. I also wonder how much higher your dyno would read with some headers.
I'm curious myself what a differently designed 2.5" exhaust would do. I imagine there's another 15-25 whp available if I got some EL headers. Will just have to find out next year when I do them.
Old 02-15-19, 10:49 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by JohnMorgan
I'm curious myself what a differently designed 2.5" exhaust would do. I imagine there's another 15-25 whp available if I got some EL headers. Will just have to find out next year when I do them.
What makes you want to go with EL vs UEL? You plan on doing motor mounts as well?
Old 02-15-19, 10:51 PM
JohnMorgan
Lead Lap

Received 61 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ISFpowered

What makes you want to go with EL vs UEL? You plan on doing motor mounts as well?
Definitely will do the FIGS motor mounts when the time comes from headers since it's the perfect time to do it. I would do EL for the sound really. UEL and EL should produce the same power despite better flow characteristics of the EL (my guess, not an expert).
Old 02-15-19, 10:57 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Definitely will do the FIGS motor mounts when the time comes from headers since it's the perfect time to do it. I would do EL for the sound really. UEL and EL should produce the same power despite better flow characteristics of the EL (my guess, not an expert).
figs motor mounts are garbage I had them and they started to sag. Check this link out
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.g8b...html%3Famp%3D1
they are Pontiac G8 mounts all figs does is put a spacer at the bottom. To top it off I only had the mounts for a year and one side was starting to show small cracks in the rubber.
Old 02-16-19, 11:49 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Your link is for a sale, not for anything that looks like an identified issue with the mounts. Do you have something like pictures of the failure, or something showing a problem? It's not very fair to post something as negative as this without some kind of measurable evidence there is a problem.
Old 02-16-19, 12:04 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Your link is for a sale, not for anything that looks like an identified issue with the mounts. Do you have something like pictures of the failure, or something showing a problem? It's not very fair to post something as negative as this without some kind of measurable evidence there is a problem.
I never stated the link was of my issue it was so show the mounts are for a Pontiac G8 and all figs did was put a washer at the bottom. Do you have pictures of every issue you’ve had with cars? I didnt take videos or pictures of the issue I had with my battery so does that mean it wasn’t true? Google super pro Pontiac G8 mounts and go on Figs website and compare the two they are IDENTICAL only difference is figs presses on a washer on the bottom to give us the right height for out engine. My mounts G8 (AKA figs) sagged to where my dipstick started hitting my Cusco bar every time I pulled it out. The cracks were small I’d say less then a quarter of an inch. I immediately tossed them in the trash and had some custom mounts made for my car.
Old 02-16-19, 12:15 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

I didn't say it isn't true. I said it's unfair to post something like this without evidence, and the for sale link isn't evidence of failure only of a sale. It's not incumbent upon me to Google anything, I made no accusations. YOU accused Figs of supplying a faulty product. It is INCUMBENT upon you to prove your case. Saying something happened isn't evidence in the Internet age. The Internet and indeed even these forums are rife with bad information from people making bad assumptions and espousing it as truth. Let's avoid this at least in this forum.
The following users liked this post:
tas02 (02-21-19)
Old 02-16-19, 12:15 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Found the pictures I thought I deleted them but for some reason I can’t post them. How can I fix that?
Old 02-16-19, 12:19 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

From the FAQ:
Originally Posted by Club Lexus FAQ
How do I add an image to a post?If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.To include an image that is not uploaded as an attachment and is located on another website, you can do so by copying the full URL to the image, (not the page on which the image is located), and either pressing the 'Insert Image' icon or by typing [img] before the URL and [/img] after it, ensuring that you do not have any spaces before or after the URL of the image. You can insert pictures from your albums (?) in this way too.
Old 02-16-19, 12:21 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

I didn't say it isn't true. I said it's unfair to post something like this without evidence, and the for sale link isn't evidence of failure only of a sale. It's not incumbent upon me to Google anything, I made no accusations. YOU accused Figs of supplying a faulty product. It is INCUMBENT upon you to prove your case. Saying something happened isn't evidence in the Internet age. The Internet and indeed even these forums are rife with bad information from people making bad assumptions and espousing it as truth. Let's avoid this at least in this forum.
The following 2 users liked this post by ISFpowered:
lobuxracer (02-16-19), Wh0pp3r (08-10-19)
Old 02-16-19, 12:22 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Old 02-16-19, 12:22 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Got it. Thanks for the updated post, it really is a big help.
Old 02-16-19, 12:24 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Old 02-16-19, 12:25 PM
ISFpowered
Instructor

Got it. Thanks for the updated post, it really is a big help.
Your very welcome I honestly thought I deleted them since this was a few months ago. I literally only had them for a year and drove 5k miles at best on them.

Last edited by ISFpowered; 02-16-19 at 12:34 PM.

Quick Reply: IS-F CCS-R Exhaust Installed, pictures and video