Notices
IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Regrets on selling the ISF

 
Old 01-23-19, 12:52 PM
  #1  
cvt
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
cvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cali
Posts: 308
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Regrets on selling the ISF

Just wondering how many people have sold their ISFs and regretted it. Wondering what they replaced it with and how long it took them to want to get back in on one.

If you're lurking on these forums let me know! I've been on the fence of selling mine but when it comes down to it...I can't do it. I love the car. LOL
cvt is offline  
Old 01-23-19, 03:48 PM
  #2  
ISF4life
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (30)
 
ISF4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal714
Posts: 5,840
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts
Default

I have a few friends sold the F and getting it back , seller remorse lolz. Well right now probably 2 of them are looking to get it back lolz. So dont sell it
ISF4life is offline  
The following users liked this post:
cvt (01-24-19)
Old 01-23-19, 03:54 PM
  #3  
specie
Driver
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: FL
Posts: 155
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

It might depends on what youíre moving to.
specie is online now  
Old 01-23-19, 03:56 PM
  #4  
Jwconeil
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,116
Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts
Default

I think most people would regret it. I could tell the guy i bought mine from already was feeling regret as I loaded up the OEM parts.
Jwconeil is offline  
Old 01-23-19, 04:45 PM
  #5  
cvt
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
cvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cali
Posts: 308
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

i think I've caught a few people here selling it for much faster and expensive cars but have experienced buyer's remorse down the road. I understand getting rid of the car if you're having problems with it...but was curious what would it take to make you move and when it would hit them that they made a mistake.

I'll tell you the little quirky things about the car that makes me want to sell at times....but when it comes down to it. I just love the car so much. I've test driven the RCF multiple times as a replacement. It's a great car but I always left the test drive feeling something was missing.
cvt is offline  
Old 01-23-19, 04:52 PM
  #6  
ISF4life
Lexus Fanatic
iTrader: (30)
 
ISF4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: SoCal714
Posts: 5,840
Received 50 Likes on 42 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by cvt View Post
i think I've caught a few people here selling it for much faster and expensive cars but have experienced buyer's remorse down the road. I understand getting rid of the car if you're having problems with it...but was curious what would it take to make you move and when it would hit them that they made a mistake.

I'll tell you the little quirky things about the car that makes me want to sell at times....but when it comes down to it. I just love the car so much. I've test driven the RCF multiple times as a replacement. It's a great car but I always left the test drive feeling something was missing.
yup, i know the feeling of rawer power i too driven the RCF stock at the track , is not the same as in ISF lolz.
ISF4life is offline  
Old 01-23-19, 05:16 PM
  #7  
LexusNN
Lexus Champion
iTrader: (5)
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: VA
Posts: 1,648
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

I am on my third ISF. Sold one for a GTR lease, went back to the ISF. Sold that one because I never got to drive it. Bought another one because I missed it and I just keep coming back. Hopefully will keep this one forever
LexusNN is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusNN:
cvt (01-23-19), ISF4life (01-23-19)
Old 01-23-19, 09:02 PM
  #8  
BlckGhst
Pole Position
 
BlckGhst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: az
Posts: 279
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default

I had mine up for sale on here recently. Took the ad off a few hours later. lol
BlckGhst is offline  
Old 01-23-19, 09:29 PM
  #9  
Pqbrown
Pole Position
iTrader: (9)
 
Pqbrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: FL
Posts: 310
Likes: 0
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default

Traded my last one for a gtr and ended up keeping the gtr and buying another isf to daily. Really missed the all around qualities of the isf, especially having 4 doors. Iíve had one in my garage for 7 years now.
Pqbrown is offline  
Old 01-23-19, 10:18 PM
  #10  
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
iTrader: (2)
 
lobuxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 18,183
Received 852 Likes on 599 Posts
Default

Regret selling my IS F? Not going to happen. Bought new, kept it 10+ years, and have no plan to sell it at all. I pondered what I would buy if I totaled it as a thought exercise, and couldn't come up with anything I really would appreciate the way I do my IS F. If anything, I'd probably buy another GS F because it does the daily driver well and with some effort, might feel close to what my IS F delivers. But SELL my IS F? Not likely any time soon. Supra will get sold before the IS F does.
lobuxracer is offline  
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
cvt (01-24-19), YeShrug (02-19-19)
Old 01-23-19, 10:55 PM
  #11  
cvt
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
cvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cali
Posts: 308
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by LexusNN View Post
I am on my third ISF. Sold one for a GTR lease, went back to the ISF. Sold that one because I never got to drive it. Bought another one because I missed it and I just keep coming back. Hopefully will keep this one forever
Holy cow....talk about boomerang effect! So what made you sell and come back multiple times? What made you sick of it and what made you miss it?
cvt is offline  
Old 01-23-19, 11:03 PM
  #12  
cvt
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
cvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cali
Posts: 308
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by lobuxracer View Post
Regret selling my IS F? Not going to happen. Bought new, kept it 10+ years, and have no plan to sell it at all. I pondered what I would buy if I totaled it as a thought exercise, and couldn't come up with anything I really would appreciate the way I do my IS F. If anything, I'd probably buy another GS F because it does the daily driver well and with some effort, might feel close to what my IS F delivers. But SELL my IS F? Not likely any time soon. Supra will get sold before the IS F does.
Wow, thatís awesome. Youíd get rid of a car with the newer version of the 2UR with TVD and a MKIV Supra but not the ISF? I want to know what you feel the ISF has over those two and why so passionate about it. I have my reasons (some I canít even explain...even the weird rattles and overly stiff suspension I like, lol)...but wanted to know what other peopleís thoughts were as well.
cvt is offline  
Old 01-23-19, 11:06 PM
  #13  
cvt
Pole Position
Thread Starter
 
cvt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: cali
Posts: 308
Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by ISF4life View Post
yup, i know the feeling of rawer power i too driven the RCF stock at the track , is not the same as in ISF lolz.
ive never had the pleasure of driving an RCF in the track. Iíve only test driven in under the watchful eye of a dealership salesman. But I wasnít completely blown away. Donít get me wrong , I liked the car. It felt refined...maybe too refined?
cvt is offline  
Old 01-24-19, 07:11 AM
  #14  
Jwconeil
Lexus Test Driver
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,116
Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts
Default

I know of someone with a Ferrari 430 and an ISF. They enjoy driving the F more. That sold me on buying one.
Jwconeil is offline  
Old 01-24-19, 07:46 AM
  #15  
BirgeyT1
Pole Position
 
BirgeyT1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Texas
Posts: 264
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Default

I had my first one for a year and it was my daily. Ended up with a super long commute and sold it for something with better gas mileage and instantly regretted it and missed the car a ton. Fast forward a little over a year, got a daily driver, sold the other car that had replaced the ISF, and then bought another ISF that I can just use as a weekend car. Not selling it ever!
BirgeyT1 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Regrets on selling the ISF


Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: