IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Regrets on selling the ISF

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-19, 12:52 PM
cvt
Racer

Received 547 Likes on 363 Posts
Default Regrets on selling the ISF

Just wondering how many people have sold their ISFs and regretted it. Wondering what they replaced it with and how long it took them to want to get back in on one.

If you're lurking on these forums let me know! I've been on the fence of selling mine but when it comes down to it...I can't do it. I love the car. LOL
Old 01-23-19, 03:48 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

I have a few friends sold the F and getting it back , seller remorse lolz. Well right now probably 2 of them are looking to get it back lolz. So dont sell it
The following users liked this post:
cvt (01-24-19)
Old 01-23-19, 03:54 PM
specie
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might depends on what you’re moving to.
Old 01-23-19, 03:56 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I think most people would regret it. I could tell the guy i bought mine from already was feeling regret as I loaded up the OEM parts.
Old 01-23-19, 04:45 PM
cvt
Racer

i think I've caught a few people here selling it for much faster and expensive cars but have experienced buyer's remorse down the road. I understand getting rid of the car if you're having problems with it...but was curious what would it take to make you move and when it would hit them that they made a mistake.

I'll tell you the little quirky things about the car that makes me want to sell at times....but when it comes down to it. I just love the car so much. I've test driven the RCF multiple times as a replacement. It's a great car but I always left the test drive feeling something was missing.
Old 01-23-19, 04:52 PM
ISF4life
Lexus Test Driver

Received 164 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by cvt
i think I've caught a few people here selling it for much faster and expensive cars but have experienced buyer's remorse down the road. I understand getting rid of the car if you're having problems with it...but was curious what would it take to make you move and when it would hit them that they made a mistake.

I'll tell you the little quirky things about the car that makes me want to sell at times....but when it comes down to it. I just love the car so much. I've test driven the RCF multiple times as a replacement. It's a great car but I always left the test drive feeling something was missing.
yup, i know the feeling of rawer power i too driven the RCF stock at the track , is not the same as in ISF lolz.
Old 01-23-19, 05:16 PM
LexusNN
Lexus Champion

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

I am on my third ISF. Sold one for a GTR lease, went back to the ISF. Sold that one because I never got to drive it. Bought another one because I missed it and I just keep coming back. Hopefully will keep this one forever
The following 2 users liked this post by LexusNN:
cvt (01-23-19), ISF4life (01-23-19)
Old 01-23-19, 09:02 PM
BlckGhst
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 38 Posts

I had mine up for sale on here recently. Took the ad off a few hours later. lol
Old 01-23-19, 09:29 PM
Pqbrown
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Traded my last one for a gtr and ended up keeping the gtr and buying another isf to daily. Really missed the all around qualities of the isf, especially having 4 doors. I’ve had one in my garage for 7 years now.
Old 01-23-19, 10:18 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,079 Likes on 2,472 Posts

Regret selling my IS F? Not going to happen. Bought new, kept it 10+ years, and have no plan to sell it at all. I pondered what I would buy if I totaled it as a thought exercise, and couldn't come up with anything I really would appreciate the way I do my IS F. If anything, I'd probably buy another GS F because it does the daily driver well and with some effort, might feel close to what my IS F delivers. But SELL my IS F? Not likely any time soon. Supra will get sold before the IS F does.
The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
cvt (01-24-19), YeShrug (02-19-19)
Old 01-23-19, 10:55 PM
cvt
Racer

Originally Posted by LexusNN
I am on my third ISF. Sold one for a GTR lease, went back to the ISF. Sold that one because I never got to drive it. Bought another one because I missed it and I just keep coming back. Hopefully will keep this one forever
Holy cow....talk about boomerang effect! So what made you sell and come back multiple times? What made you sick of it and what made you miss it?
Old 01-23-19, 11:03 PM
cvt
Racer

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Regret selling my IS F? Not going to happen. Bought new, kept it 10+ years, and have no plan to sell it at all. I pondered what I would buy if I totaled it as a thought exercise, and couldn't come up with anything I really would appreciate the way I do my IS F. If anything, I'd probably buy another GS F because it does the daily driver well and with some effort, might feel close to what my IS F delivers. But SELL my IS F? Not likely any time soon. Supra will get sold before the IS F does.
Wow, that’s awesome. You’d get rid of a car with the newer version of the 2UR with TVD and a MKIV Supra but not the ISF? I want to know what you feel the ISF has over those two and why so passionate about it. I have my reasons (some I can’t even explain...even the weird rattles and overly stiff suspension I like, lol)...but wanted to know what other people’s thoughts were as well.
Old 01-23-19, 11:06 PM
cvt
Racer

Originally Posted by ISF4life
yup, i know the feeling of rawer power i too driven the RCF stock at the track , is not the same as in ISF lolz.
ive never had the pleasure of driving an RCF in the track. I’ve only test driven in under the watchful eye of a dealership salesman. But I wasn’t completely blown away. Don’t get me wrong , I liked the car. It felt refined...maybe too refined?
Old 01-24-19, 07:11 AM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

I know of someone with a Ferrari 430 and an ISF. They enjoy driving the F more. That sold me on buying one.
Old 01-24-19, 07:46 AM
BirgeyT1
Pole Position

Received 148 Likes on 79 Posts

I had my first one for a year and it was my daily. Ended up with a super long commute and sold it for something with better gas mileage and instantly regretted it and missed the car a ton. Fast forward a little over a year, got a daily driver, sold the other car that had replaced the ISF, and then bought another ISF that I can just use as a weekend car. Not selling it ever!

Quick Reply: Regrets on selling the ISF