IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Anyone here used or have any hands on experience with SOUNDLINQ3

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-19, 05:04 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Anyone here used or have any hands on experience with SOUNDLINQ3

Amazon shopping. saw it. looked interesting. seen some reviews from other Lexus owners but mainly non IS owners, mostly LS and RX. jsut wondering is anyone has had any experience with it or ever heard of it.

the big thing i noticed is that it didn't include the ISF but included 250's and 350's up to 09 which im assuming is because the infotainment was updated in newer years?

i know Grom Vline is the current top contender, just trying to see if we may have options.

heres the product link heres the product link
Old 01-09-19, 05:22 PM
BennyISF
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 12 Posts

I checked there website and from the pictures it looks compatible because it shows a standard IS with the Nav setup from 06-09 which is the same system on a 08-09 ISF. But not 100 percent.
Old 01-09-19, 07:19 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I had one of those on my ISF. It worked well but it is a pretty expensive option. It's definitely compatible.
The following users liked this post:
Wh0pp3r (01-10-19)
Old 01-09-19, 07:23 PM
BennyISF
Driver

Originally Posted by STLblueF
I had one of those on my ISF. It worked well but it is a pretty expensive option. It's definitely compatible.
did it work with any music or steaming app?
Old 01-10-19, 06:14 AM
STLblueF
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BennyISF

did it work with any music or steaming app?
It did but navigating around was pretty clunky. I found myself just using my phone to pick what I was going to listen to worked much better. There are probably some youtube videos that could demonstrate this.
Old 01-10-19, 11:10 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Thanks for your response, just wondering how sound quality is thru bluetooth oppose to the aux cable connection?

Old 01-10-19, 11:51 AM
BennyISF
Driver

Originally Posted by Wh0pp3r
Thanks for your response, just wondering how sound quality is thru bluetooth oppose to the aux cable connection?
i messaged the manufacturer and they guaranteed compatability with the ISF so I went ahead and purchased one. Will let u know how it sounds and do a video review and post it on here.
The following users liked this post:
Wh0pp3r (01-10-19)
Old 01-10-19, 12:02 PM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BennyISF

i messaged the manufacturer and they guaranteed compatibility with the ISF so I went ahead and purchased one. Will let u know how it sounds and do a video review and post it on here.
OHHHH!!!! please do that would awesome!
Old 01-10-19, 06:11 PM
STLblueF
Pole Position

I thought it sounded on par with other A2DP devices. Other vehicles a direct connection to USB will sound better, but it's about as good as you are going to get on the ISF.
Old 01-10-19, 08:18 PM
BennyISF
Driver

I thought it sounded on par with other A2DP devices. Other vehicles a direct connection to USB will sound better, but it's about as good as you are going to get on the ISF.
Sounds good can’t wait to get mine!
Old 01-11-19, 10:10 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

The sound quality from my s8+ thru AUX cable is just not doing it for me. if usb has better quality itll be worth it for me.
Old 01-11-19, 05:43 PM
Jwconeil

Received 972 Likes on 630 Posts

The aux cable in my 08 350 sounds like garbage, and when my phone is also charging I get feedback through the speakers. It’s a very light whining... then I get in my 13 F and it sounds amazing in comparison.
Old 01-12-19, 08:48 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jwconeil
The aux cable in my 08 350 sounds like garbage, and when my phone is also charging I get feedback through the speakers. It’s a very light whining... then I get in my 13 F and it sounds amazing in comparison.
SAME!!! and I bet the whining gets faster the faster the car goes too?
Old 01-13-19, 01:11 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource
Senior Moderator

Received 4,081 Likes on 2,473 Posts

The '08s had L-SB-0169-09 for this. The solution was to install a "choke" inline with the AUX connection underneath the console. To get the genuine Lexus parts makes no sense, you can get an aftermarket device pretty cheaply to do the same thing. It is caused by a ground loop in the electrical system. The noise is because your alternator is a three phase AC device that gets rectified to DC and the noise is called ripple in the DC voltage. It varies with rpm because the alternator's operating frequency changes with engine rpm. Search Amazon for a ground loop isolator and you will find the Lexus equivalent. If you just have to have the factory parts, here's the list of what you need - this is ridiculously expensive for what it is:

The following 2 users liked this post by lobuxracer:
LexusNN (01-13-19), Wh0pp3r (01-15-19)
Old 01-15-19, 11:39 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
The '08s had L-SB-0169-09 for this. The solution was to install a "choke" inline with the AUX connection underneath the console. To get the genuine Lexus parts makes no sense, you can get an aftermarket device pretty cheaply to do the same thing. It is caused by a ground loop in the electrical system. The noise is because your alternator is a three phase AC device that gets rectified to DC and the noise is called ripple in the DC voltage. It varies with rpm because the alternator's operating frequency changes with engine rpm. Search Amazon for a ground loop isolator and you will find the Lexus equivalent. If you just have to have the factory parts, here's the list of what you need - this is ridiculously expensive for what it is:

bought equivalent. your a F***ing saint you know that!?

im assuming since mine has production date or 08 (but sold in 09) that it can explain why mine does it too?

even if it doesn't improve sound quality getting rid of the ripple is worth it. i figured it had to do with electrical since it was consistent with RPM range.

Note: it was only making noise when the phone was charging and connected to aux cable. if it was just aux, no noise. if it was just charging, no noise. both together = noise

Last edited by Wh0pp3r; 01-15-19 at 11:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Anyone here used or have any hands on experience with SOUNDLINQ3